What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

Hawthorn! Hahahahahahaha
Suck shit duckwood
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

stui magpie wrote:I was interested in doing Forensic Science in my teens, the local cop talked me out of it.

Well done both of you and your kids.
I'm assuming he sat you down and explained there was a difference between forensic science and leaving forensic evidence on the bushes outside your neighbours bedroom window.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

think positive wrote:Hawthorn! Hahahahahahaha
Suck shit duckwood
I hate Hawthorn but was cheering them on today and abusing the umpires as if it was a Collingwood game!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by stui magpie »

swoop42 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:I was interested in doing Forensic Science in my teens, the local cop talked me out of it.

Well done both of you and your kids.
I'm assuming he sat you down and explained there was a difference between forensic science and leaving forensic evidence on the bushes outside your neighbours bedroom window.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not quite, I was fascinated at the time with a TV program "Quincy" so since I was good at science and maths, it looked cool. He sat me down and explained how it actually worked and I quickly lost interest.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Jezza
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Jezza »

Had a good day today.

Spent the day celebrating Easter with the relatives.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

Hope you had fun and enjoyed it.

I picked up a cheap slide saw and bench, looking toward retirement and stuff I can do to keep me occupied.

Going up to Toc on the weekend, meeting a bloke there to see if we can repair the 60 year old combustion stove that works fine as a heater but the oven barely warms plates. Looking forward to (hopefully) doing slow lamb roasts in the wood oven.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

I bought a shitpile of wool and the same jumper pattern I knitted yonks ago for when we do the one day seachange, spur of the moment!

Collingwood, Collingwood made me happy, and I don’t often feel this way, but an empty house! Just me, the dogs, un fettered sneezes, gym time without brushing my hair, I’m about to have treadmill and SVU time, a shower, check the emails, switch on the dishwasher and washing machine, quick floor swipe, and imma gunna edit the rest of the Anzac Day pics! I got some great shots! The wedding editing is finally finished, 774 pics delivered on USB, printed a few, I have 3 other session galleries to edit from last week, but today, they can wait! Hubby made some weird chicken dish for tonight’s dinner, hell I’ll eat anything I don’t have to cook!

Now you just wait, when I’m getting into my Lycra, my phone is gunna scream “warning warning, it’s your husband, your husband is calling you now, do not pick up or you will be talking to your husband!” Yep that my husband ringtone, and since I’m deaf it’s so loud! Cracks everyone up. Except me!

Cheers, stay happy Stu, give all the miserable buggers something to read!
Last edited by think positive on Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Cheers Jo, Life is too short to be miserable. :D
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

Interesting this talk of sea change and retirement. Well the missus and myself are a matter of weeks away now from doing it. I seriously can't believe it. We purchased a double brick home on the Ninety Mile Beach. Absolute beachfront, the sound of waves 24/7, hope it doesn't p15s us off too much!

Our house is on the market this week, R/E pics done this morning. After 41 years plumbing, the last 32 self employed, I'm throwing it in. No more BAS, no more collecting revenue for the Government, no more chasing overdue invoices, no more of being chastised by my accountant, no more making appointments with tenants that don't turn up, no more paying plumbing insurance, no more paying Licence fees, no more attending unpaid audits and the list goes on.

We'll be self funded retirees only because I don't qualify for the old age pension for 10 years.

I didn't think it could be done but thanks to rising property prices in town I reckon we've nailed it.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Well done you :D Enjoy.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:Interesting this talk of sea change and retirement. Well the missus and myself are a matter of weeks away now from doing it. I seriously can't believe it. We purchased a double brick home on the Ninety Mile Beach. Absolute beachfront, the sound of waves 24/7, hope it doesn't p15s us off too much!

Our house is on the market this week, R/E pics done this morning. After 41 years plumbing, the last 32 self employed, I'm throwing it in. No more BAS, no more collecting revenue for the Government, no more chasing overdue invoices, no more of being chastised by my accountant, no more making appointments with tenants that don't turn up, no more paying plumbing insurance, no more paying Licence fees, no more attending unpaid audits and the list goes on.

We'll be self funded retirees only because I don't qualify for the old age pension for 10 years.

I didn't think it could be done but thanks to rising property prices in town I reckon we've nailed it.
Well done you, sounds perfect, enjoy xx
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I gave mum the Aldi catalog on the weekend, she decided the womens jumpers on sale for $20 each looked nice so I ducked out this morning to go and get her 2.

Then we had an argument about size. Mum is a size 10-12, max. She was convinced she needed a 14 as that was a medium. I tried to explain that a 14 wasn't medium but she had a dummy spit, so I went to Aldi, picked up a size 12, assessed the size and bought her the 2 she wanted in size 12. Still too big for her but she likes them long to keep her back warm and can always roll the sleeves up.

Got home and showed her and said "they're size 12". She started to dirty up then I held it up for her.

"Ohhh, that's plenty big enough"

Probelm solvered boss. :lol:
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

This morning was the first time I've got under 9 minutes per KM for a morning walk that was all walking and no jogging. :D

Normally just over the 9 minute mark, this morning clocked in at 8:59. 3.82km in 34.22 minutes.

I do at least a 30 minute hard walk 5 days a week, most mornings are 40-45 minutes but if I have to leave early to get to the office, I pull it back.

Very happy with that. :D
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Got up to Tocumwal this morning, had the bloke around to check out the old wood stove.

He couldn't see any reason why the oven didn't heat up but explained to me how the heat circulates, pulled a little cover off down the bottom and suggested I try to clean in there as if it fills up with soot it impedes air circulation and described the kind of tool I'd need.

I thanked him and asked what I owed him, he said nothing but I gave him $50 anyway for the advice. Best $50 I ever spent. Went to the shed, found a 45cm piece of steel 20mm wid3 and 2mm thick and using a hammer bent the end into an L shaped hook.

Fck me, I scraped about 4 litres of soot out of there :shock:

Lit the fire 2 hours ago, she's punching out some heat :D

Don't reckon I'll be doing a roast pork with crackling in there but a slow roast leg of lamb is looking good.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I'm just going to keep being happy :P

Great productive weekend. Both back doors were sticking so I buzzed the top of them with the plane and put some new handles on, mowed the yard and naturestrips, sold some junk to the antique shop for $80, then went to work on the old busted wall mounted evaporative air con.

It was plumbed in so I disconnected that first. Quick trip to the hardware store in Cobram, I have a new side tap.

Ripped the back off, into the trailer . Unscrewed the front plate, cut all the wires, then cut and screwed a piece of plywood over the face to keep cold air out.

Now I can see what I'm working with, the plan is to drop the remains out and replace it with a little refrigerated one. Size is important as i want to do as little cutting of the AC sheet as possible.

Overall, great weekend :D