#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 100 times

Post by RudeBoy »

In retrospect, it should have been clear to us (me included) that Beams motivation in leaving was as much about money as anything else, when he told the club he only wanted them to deal with the Lions. Had he told the club he was desperate to get back to Qld to be near his dad, and would prefer the lions because his brother was there, but would be happy to get to the Suns, then I would have believed his Dad's health was the reason for his wish to return home. However, now we know he only wants to go to the Lions where he is being offered $4.5 mill over 5 years, then he's lost the sympathy I previously had for him. Not turning up to the Copeland has sealed it. He's no longer one of us.....so stuff him.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Not one person?
SteveH67

Post by SteveH67 »

Glad the club is taking a tough stance with the Beams trade.

The Lions beat us to the 02/03 flags, and rubbed our noses in it.

No way i want the club bending over and giving away one of our A graders for a draft pick that could ultimately give us nothing.

Lions can get rooted, I don't want the Pies to give them any easy ride to boosting their list and potential further success at our expense.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 100 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Beams has shown no respect for his teammates. Bad form.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

The more I think about it the more I want, I suggested we would/should settle for their first 2 DPs, but now I reckon we should hold out for pick 4 'and' one of their young stars (Aish-Rich), if they want to play hard ball we simply keep Beams and work on changing his mind.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

RudeBoy wrote:Beams has shown no respect for his teammates. Bad form.
This , for all his tough postage stamps , he lacks the minerals!
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
Beast

Post by Beast »

surfer1 wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:Fellow nicksters with all due respect this is becoming very boring and some what annoying.
Let's forget all this loyalty crap seriously in today's world of free agency and mega deals it's over.
You can blame players all you like but the simple truth is clubs are equally to blame.
At a hyperthetical would the club knock back the chance to land a dangerfield or fyfe if they were available ?
Now say either of them wanted to come and wanted a 8yr deal on say $800k the club would do it ? For sure
Now say there current club wanted two ready made players as compensation would the club give up a say Fasalo or Broomhead or Kennedy or sidebottom or Langdon or Adams or alike to get the deal done ABSOLUTELY without blinking.
Now players can be traded or off loaded at ease by the club and the club can soon it anyway they want but they can't turn around then and say we are hard done by by player X.
Of course each situation is different and sometimes trades and beneficial to both parties.
Now I ask every poster here to consider this.
Would any one of you be so upset and howling about loyalty if the player was say a Adams or Kennedy wanting to leave under similar circumstances ?
I would guess if every one is being perfectly honest I would say no you wouldn't because they aren't in the same class Dayne
Now ask yourself another question
Can anyone nominate a single game they watched we Dayne didn't give 100% effort for the club during this season ?
Again if you honest you would say no he gave everything every game.
Now I'm sure at certain times during the year Dayne's fathers health would have been weighing heavy on his mind but he still performed at a high standard each game.
He isn't our most talented player, nor is he our quickest player but he along side the captain he would be our most consistent player and our best mid field shot at goal without doubt.
Now before everyone keeps screaming disloyalty and such think of the reason why he asked for to be traded.
His father is still battling bowel cancer plain and simple. Yes he might get more $$ than he is currently on but I am very sure he would have been very handsomely rewarded by the club had he stayed (and let's not forget he isn't actually gone yet he is still a contracted player)
Please guys let's think before we post such remarks and think if you were in his shoes and faced the same situation would you want to be close to your fsmily in this time ?
Football is a game and it is a business to but at the end of the day it is still only a game not life and death.
I may be misreading this but I feel your sentiments at the start are inconsistent with those at the end
Nah, you aren't misreading it.
He's either been fed a heap of tripe or simply made it up and now that everything he said earlier has been blown to bits simply trying to save face. But the bird has flown.
Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
Simply_Brutal
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Simply_Brutal »

Some are already on the right track so this won't exactly be shocking. The Beams situation is all to do with Buckley.
i hate carlton
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by i hate carlton »

if he cant get a trade, it will be uncomfortable in the locker room.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopi ... sc&start=0
Doc63

Post by Doc63 »

Regardless of what you think of Harry, at least he had the intestinal fortitude to show up, and say his piece. You have to respect him for that.

Beams, on the other hand, is now dangerously close to a Thomas like departure from the Club, and all the enmity that comes with it.
I hold a cup of wisdom, but there is nothing within.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Defender wrote:The more I think about it the more I want, I suggested we would/should settle for their first 2 DPs, but now I reckon we should hold out for pick 4 'and' one of their young stars (Aish-Rich), if they want to play hard ball we simply keep Beams and work on changing his mind.
It's clear now he won't be at Collingwood. It's no longer get him to Brisbane, it's anywhere but the Pies. If the Lions don't put up a good enough deal other clubs will come knocking and Beams is going to have to pick one of them. We are now in a great position and I'm certain we'll end up the winners in this deal.
Well done boys!
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

AN_Inkling wrote:
Defender wrote:The more I think about it the more I want, I suggested we would/should settle for their first 2 DPs, but now I reckon we should hold out for pick 4 'and' one of their young stars (Aish-Rich), if they want to play hard ball we simply keep Beams and work on changing his mind.
It's clear now he won't be at Collingwood. It's no longer get him to Brisbane, it's anywhere but the Pies. If the Lions don't put up a good enough deal other clubs will come knocking and Beams is going to have to pick one of them. We are now in a great position and I'm certain will end up the winners in this deal.
We might Trade him to the Saints for Pick 1 :wink:
I am Da Man
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Doc63 wrote:Regardless of what you think of Harry, at least he had the intestinal fortitude to show up, and say his piece. You have to respect him for that.

Beams, on the other hand, is now dangerously close to a Thomas like departure from the Club, and all the enmity that comes with it.
Shows how much Man that Harry is too Beams who is having a Sook
I am Da Man
mgh3536

Post by mgh3536 »