#22 Steele Sidebottom

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies2016
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by Pies2016 »

K wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:...
It’s the team collective that dictates the result of a game, not an individual.
This is what Buckley claimed until his last press conference, when he admitted he'd been talking bollocks. :!:
He did too, which is bizarre in itself because it flys in face of every team first principle in sport. I would be fairly confident he’s not relaying the same message behind closed doors.
I can’t imagine him saying at the pre match meeting to not bother putting in today because Jordy is still 4 weeks away.
Adz

Post by Adz »

Either way he can’t be in the leadership group next year.
Cam
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Cam »

Still would have flown him to Queensland. He'd be better value than a Cal Brown in a prelim.
Get back on top.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 68 times

Post by Big T »

As someone who has traveled many times for work and missed a lot of family stuff providing for them and doing the right thing, all on a fraction of Steeles wage, I believe his actions are disgraceful and show a total lack of commitment to his team. Missing a better position in the eight, and then likely losing the first final, due to his selfishness while on a huge salary, is downright disgraceful. These prima Donna's make me sick. They will never do what the ordinary man has to.
Buon Giorno
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Adz wrote:Either way he can’t be in the leadership group next year.

Agreed, bloody hell as was pointed out here, he gets bout 8K a game, 8 bloody grand, very well paid, and what i dont get is, eddie and Bucks were adamant hed fly up and quarantine, and play, thats what puzzles me, eddie said so, last wednesday night. Its ok to play the family guy, but couldnt he have done that for months on end, post these Finals ?? We need him, and hes not there, coupled with his romp in Williamstown, suspended four games, he has let us down bigtime, no one can tell me different. We now lose a close Final by say, three points, think bout that. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Big T wrote:As someone who has traveled many times for work and missed a lot of family stuff providing for them and doing the right thing, all on a fraction of Steeles wage, I believe his actions are disgraceful and show a total lack of commitment to his team. Missing a better position in the eight, and then likely losing the first final, due to his selfishness while on a huge salary, is downright disgraceful. These prima Donna's make me sick. They will never do what the ordinary man has to.

Spot on, and i might add, a mate of mines son, spent 10 months with the Army overseas, missed birth of his kid, didnt see the baby or missus for months. These prima donna overpaid footballers make me sick, weak as cats piss. Unreal. :roll:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Piesnchess wrote:
Big T wrote:As someone who has traveled many times for work and missed a lot of family stuff providing for them and doing the right thing, all on a fraction of Steeles wage, I believe his actions are disgraceful and show a total lack of commitment to his team. Missing a better position in the eight, and then likely losing the first final, due to his selfishness while on a huge salary, is downright disgraceful. These prima Donna's make me sick. They will never do what the ordinary man has to.

Spot on, and i might add, a mate of mines son, spent 10 months with the Army overseas, missed birth of his kid, didnt see the baby or missus for months. These prima donna overpaid footballers make me sick, weak as cats piss. Unreal. :roll:
That is a brilliant example Piesnchess. Spot on. Leaves a terrible taste in the mouth when these fabulous and brave armed forces personnel sacrifice far more than a footballer who bites the hand that feeds him
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Well we lost a grand final by 5 points that we’d have been better off if he wasn’t playing in...

Good on him putting family first, it’s not like Collingwood is a premiership contender this year anyway.
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

It's not ideal that he will be missing our finals campaign, but losing Sidey is not as bad as say losing Pendles or DeGoey or Moore or Grundy etc. He isn't a critical cog in this team, he is more cream than cake these days. We know how he goes in big finals against the big teams, not too well, they tag him out and he cannot shake it. We can cover him now and it won't be the reason why we lose a final. Now go and smack those Collingwood wannabes.
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

Lazza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

That is a brilliant example Piesnchess. Spot on. Leaves a terrible taste in the mouth when these fabulous and brave armed forces personnel sacrifice far more than a footballer who bites the hand that feeds him
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
mattdally
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by mattdally »

WA has 7 day quarantine. Could he fly to Perth if we are playing there??
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

Has to be traded while he still has value. Maybe a late second rounder?
no second chances
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

That's a joke, right?
Adz

Post by Adz »

If we go deep he will be traded. Evidence he is not needed.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »