TV Saturday April 14th

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

melliot

Post by melliot »

Where is Davies at with his footy?

Didn't impress me at all (but I've only seen this weeks game). The pressure will be on him to make his mark this year or be delisted I would think.

Somehow I don't think he's quite AFL standard. is he? What do the regular Willi viewers think?

I was impressed with Reid. Not great but did some really nice things, I thought. I've taped it and only watched the 1st half properly so far. And saw bits and pieces of the 2nd half. Reids still a fair way from seniors I'd think. But did enough to impress.
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

melliot wrote:Where is Davies at with his footy?

Didn't impress me at all (but I've only seen this weeks game). The pressure will be on him to make his mark this year or be delisted I would think.

Somehow I don't think he's quite AFL standard. is he? What do the regular Willi viewers think?

I was impressed with Reid. Not great but did some really nice things, I thought. I've taped it and only watched the 1st half properly so far. And saw bits and pieces of the 2nd half. Reids still a fair way from seniors I'd think. But did enough to impress.
Dont worry about Reid he's gonna be a beauty, as far as Davies goes this is his 3rd season so he's gotta start making everyone count he got amongst the possesions on sunday.
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Joffa's match report is now online.

http://williamstown.footballvictoria.co ... aid=118688
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

Dale61 wrote:Joffa's match report is now online.

http://williamstown.footballvictoria.co ... aid=118688
thanks mate
rand corp

Post by rand corp »

Welld one Joff, love getting feedback on the boys at Willy
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

quinny

Post by quinny »

joffa corfe wrote:Watch for these players Dean Limbach Sharrod Wellingham
good tip joff...limbach kicked 6!! sharrod looked very lively!
melliot

Post by melliot »

Limbach is not on our list. Is He?

Ex Tiger. Is that correct? I heard that he felt that he didn't get his opportunity at the Tiges and is hoping to get drafted again next year.

Based on the No. of goals kicked so far, might be a prospect. What do you reckon?

Not quite KPP. More tall flanker & forward pocket size.
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Melliot, you pretty much have it nailed.

His background and reason for signing with Williamstown has been outlined on a VFL message board.

Dean was the only player on Richmond's list last year not to play a senior game.

When he was delisted, he was informed he would be rookie listed for 2007, which never eventuated.

He is hoping to be drafted again for 2008.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Dale61 wrote:Melliot, you pretty much have it nailed.

His background and reason for signing with Williamstown has been outlined on a VFL message board.

Dean was the only player on Richmond's list last year not to play a senior game.

When he was delisted, he was informed he would be rookie listed for 2007, which never eventuated.

He is hoping to be drafted again for 2008.
The Pies are collecting quite a few of this type of player (190cm-ish but not quite KP prospects) on the list. A couple have obviously been recruited to fill KP such as Anthony, but several are fighting for positions down the flanks such as Maxwell, Toovey, Egan, Cox, Golsack.