#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Bucks2014

Post by Bucks2014 »

"Still waiting for your call Caroline ... not a quote in sight. Don't ever presume to speak on Collingwood's behalf,"
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

What's happened to the Lumumba thread?

Mods what are you up to?
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

swoop42 wrote:Where are these quotes coming from?

Link please.
Jon Ralph's article in the Herald Sun.
Bucks2014

Post by Bucks2014 »

"Still waiting for your call Caroline ... not a quote in sight. Don't ever presume to speak on Collingwood's behalf,"
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

We all knew he was gone anyway, there is no way on earth our 'fly in fly out' grasping at straws was ever going to fly - its a pipe dream. What we must do is try like hell to get something better then some crappy pick 4 for him.
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 136 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

swoop42 wrote:What's happened to the Lumumba thread?

Mods what are you up to?
Like Harvey Keitel in Pulp Fiction, the Cleaners have been at it. There seems to be a special sensitivity around H. I recall starting a thread in 2012 where I expressed the fervent desire that the lad stand goal-side of Johnson in the Grand Final rematch and the thread, after some significant traffic, just vanished. Pffft. Gone. It was scary, quite disconcerting, really. As the disappearance of this comment will be.
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/d ... 7073150293

So is Beams prepared to go to the Gold Coast or is it just Brisbane?

If it's just Brisbane then it makes a nonsense of people thinking this is just about him wanting to be closer to his family.

Reports of links between Beams and Brisbane began back in July I believe.

P.S-For the record Emma Quayle has tweeted that the GCS have no interest in Beams at this stage.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 103 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Now that the Suns are apparently not interested in Beams, this weakens our bargaining position. It means there will not be an auction between the Lions and Suns for Beams. However, we are still able to keep Beams in 2015 if we are not satisfied by the offer made by the Lions. We must hold our nerve and play hard ball on this. Losing Beams cheaply would definitely set our Premiership plans back a year or two imo.
Last edited by RudeBoy on Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bucks2014

Post by Bucks2014 »

John Wren

Post by John Wren »

RudeBoy wrote:Now that the Suns have said they are not interested in Beams, this weakens our bargaining position. It means there will not be an auction between the Lions and Suns for Beams. However, we are still able to keep Beams in 2015 if we are not satisfied by the offer made by the Lions. We must hold our nerve and play hard ball on this. Losing Beams cheaply would definitely set our Premiership plans back a year or two imo.
re your last point, buckley has said as much. now, if we were to get pick 4, doesn't that become pick 5? can we offer melbourne pick 5 and lumumba for pick 3 of we don't get clark?
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Az

Post by Az »

Not that we didn't already figure, but it's good to see Bucks come out and say we aren't going to be accepting anything less than what we want for him. He's right that Brisbane shouldn't be mentioning the word untouchable if they're that keen on Beams (as the reported 5 years @ 800K offer suggests). I don't really see the point of us getting Hanley as he's 27 next year I believe. Not that I wouldn't love him running off our backline, but he will be off his peak by the time we are up and about as a team.

Still think we need to engineer this trade to Dangerfield. Let's for a moment put aside the "haha yeah as if he wants to come to our basketcase pies" comments and have a serious ping. Roo said himself that Danger isn't untouchable. With the retirement of Rutten, they would be after another solid KD of which we have too many to fit in our defense at the moment. Pick 4 and Nat Brown is a fair deal even with his shoulder injury. Was a first rounder himself and has always been reliable. Hell, chuck in Kyle Martin as steak knives if they're still keen on him as we certainly aren't using him.

I know it's been reported differently right now, but if we are likely to get Clark's signature then our KPP stocks look solid for next year (touch wood injuries). Rookie a Hine special KD for backup, maybe even Nick Riddle.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 136 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

I share your suspicions but, practically, it seems that he doesn't fit GCS' plans. In short, they don't want him - or, at least, not enough to match the $4M offer from Brisbane. Not that surprising, really. Collingwood wouldn't match that next year, either.
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

RudeBoy wrote:Now that the Suns have said they are not interested in Beams, this weakens our bargaining position. It means there will not be an auction between the Lions and Suns for Beams. However, we are still able to keep Beams in 2015 if we are not satisfied by the offer made by the Lions. We must hold our nerve and play hard ball on this. Losing Beams cheaply would definitely set our Premiership plans back a year or two imo.
Of course GC could always be trying to not seem to interested so the pies don't think they can milk them dry. :wink:
RudeBoy
Been liked: 103 times

Post by RudeBoy »

The more I think about it, the more I'm liking our prospects of getting Dangerfield. Beams to Brisbane, pick 4 and Aish to Adelaide, Dangerfield to Collingwood.