Pre-Match. Magpies v. Hawks. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

I’m okay with Sidey coming back in this week, but only if it’s at the expense of another veteran (e.g. Mitchell or Hoskin-Elliott). Otherwise we shouldn’t be messing with last week’s formula I reckon.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
gurugeoff
Been liked: 4 times

Post by gurugeoff »

it is a must win game, they have very few big name players. An aspiring finalist should not be losing to Hawthorn at this stage.
so, pick your best side, the side you believe will have the best chance of winning. Don't worry about who is a veteran or not, don't worry about giving new players a game or not, Just pick your best side.
orie
Been liked: 1 time

pies v Dorks

Post by orie »

Absolutely never match up against Hawthorn...EVER. Don't understand.. Hate losing to them.
Can't remember the last time we beat them. The prelim n 2011 was what I remember.
'MADE IT LEGENDARY'
uncanny
Been liked: 12 times

Post by uncanny »

^
We beat the hawks the year before last by less than a kick in a wet slog in the end at the g after a faster start. But I see what you are saying about hard to remember wins. That last win was after our least successful period against them going back to that pf in 2011. Buckley coached them for one win in his 10 years at the helm.
We should be right if we bring the same pressure to bear as we did against Brisbane and I think we will.
woodsmen rule
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Hawthorn will be a danger game for sure. We did well upping the pressure last week but now need to grow it still further or at least maintain it for this game. If we dont they will have us.

I hope they dont bring Sidebottom back unless he has demonstrated a marked improvement in form. Otherwise he will be found out once again.

If people dont want to play McCrae then give Sullivan a go for a couple of games. It sounds like he is ready to go and is a mature player.

And if any of them go near Naicos this time, wipe the MCG with them!
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Gerry Cooper wrote:And if any of them go near Naicos this time, wipe the MCG with them!
Yep, I am sure Fly has formulated a plan to deal with any thugs who think they can rough up Naicos, on the instructions of knee jerk Mitchell.
No doubt, Bruzza will be a key part of it.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

David wrote:I’m okay with Sidey coming back in this week, but only if it’s at the expense of another veteran (e.g. Mitchell or Hoskin-Elliott). Otherwise we shouldn’t be messing with last week’s formula I reckon.
Yep agree, but will have to be WHE who misses out, because we need Mitchell in the midfield atm. That is why it is so crucial for us to trial our other potential inside mids. I would like to see Fin given another opportunity, but failign that then Sullivan to come on board. Because Titch can't do it by himself. He urgently needs a reinforcement, and we urgently need to establish who it will be.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Presti35 wrote:I find it absolutely amazing that now its all about Ginni's unfair treatment.
Of course in the week leading up to the game against Collingwood.

yeh, sure is, ive change my view on the little race track head ducker. Soon as whining sniper Mitchell pissed an moaned re the free kicks, ran like a baby to the League to complain, ( I dont recall us doing that ) I said to meself, "here we go, dont touch the little bastard,cos against us, he will get the friggin earth in frees, all within easy shot at the Hawk goals. So, take heed Bruzza, be very very careful when you tackle the little shit, the umps will pay it against you for the very, very slightest touch up :roll: :roll:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
mgh3536

Post by mgh3536 »

Instruction to all pies, if ginnavin takes possession just aim a bump tackle at his exposed ribs, drive their shoulder into exposed ribs as he lifts his arm to attract high tackle
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by Big T »

Pies have the hunger back. Forget the past. Pies by 47
Buon Giorno
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Line up:

FB Howe Frampton IQ
CB Maynard Moore Nick daicos
C: Carmichael JDG Fin
CF: Pendles Kruger Hill
FF: Elliott Checkers McInness
R: Cox Mitchell Josh daicos
INT: Cameron Lipinski McCreery Crisp
Sub: Noble
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Noble will picked in the 18 to take the field. He deserves to be treated with respect unlike last season when he was dumped for the GF having played all year. That still doesn’t sit well with me irrespective of winning the flag
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

[quote="lazzadesilva"]Noble will picked in the 18 to take the field. He deserves to be treated with respect unlike last season when he was dumped for the GF having played all year. That still doesn’t sit well with me irrespective of winning the flag
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 51 times

Post by warburton lad »

McRae has already suggested that Sidney is back in so there will be at least one change.

Out: Howe (managed)
In: Sidebottom
Sub: Hoskin-Elliott

Minimal changes for us.
Hawks have lost Watson, Lewis and Breust all injured.
It is a damn shame that the VFL are not playing this week- would have been great to have seen Krueger, Ryan, Begg, Jath, Sullivan, Allan, Bytel, Richards, Carmichael, Dean, Parker, Markov ply their trade.
If we were going left-field this week, it may be the chance to give Ed Allan a taste of AFL- his form in the VFL has been strong and he is very quick over the ground.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
themonk

Post by themonk »

warburton lad wrote:^
Not saying this won't happen but why does anyone need to be manged at this time of year, especially with a bye next?