#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Lazza

Post by Lazza »

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Beast wrote:Just heard Garry Pert say the Club has known about this issue for sometime now which makes qldmagpies' tripe even more laughable.
Yes beast it's been no secret his father has been I'll but very recently what they had thought to be the worst behind them now appears to not be the case.
Take all the pot shots you want mate all you are doing is proving what everyone on here already knew you are a <snip>
qldmagpie67, the vast majority of the decent posters here appreciate your great posts clarifying the situation. Thanks sincerely for them.
Unfortunately <snip - please cease and desist with the name-calling. Thanks, BBMods.>
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

Beast wrote:And qldmagpies, I will apologise unreservedly if we do get a confirmation of Beamsy's dad's heath taking a turn for the worse since that picture was taken.
Right now you're the only one that is trying to imply it.
I am an acquaintance of Daynes sister Khayla, Beast. I've spoken to her on multiple occasions regarding Dayne and Claye, and everything she has ever said about them matches perfectly with how qldmagpie describes them. I'm not going to call and pester her about this, as she is certainly not a close friend, and I have no intention of intruding on her at such a difficult time, but the last time I saw her (a few months ago now), she confirmed that Dayne was looking to extend his contract.

I have literally, no reason to believe that anything qldmagpie says is not 100% true, and some of the comments in this thread have been just sickening.
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

While it saddens me that Dayne wants to leave the club and go home, I think we can all understand his reasons and support his decision. Hopefully the club can do all it can to support Dayne through this tough time and facilitate the best possible outcome for all involved. I'd rather he stay with us, but we shouldn't begrudge his wanting to be closer to his family. Some of the posts here have been downright nasty towards Dayne. I wish him all the best.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 101 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Howdy all. Firstly let me thank each and every poster who has offered support to Dayne and his family. I'm not sure if any of them read this or not never bothered to ask them but I'm 100% certain they would be very grateful for all the kind wishes and thoughts.
I've read some of my original post and I wrote it at a time when emotion was a huge factor to me.
To me this isn't about a footballer at all it's about a young man I have known for 20yrs who will have to make the biggest decision of his life with a background of uncertainty.
Dayne's dad Phil or as all his mates call him teapot is a champion bloke and from all reports was a very talented footballer himself around the Yarrawonga way and again with QAFL powerhouse southport (coincidently where Dayne won a senior premiership)
We had all known he had been battling for a time against illness but no one expected or saw this sudden turn of events coming.
Over the past 24hrs I have spoken to many close mates who live nearer to teapot than me and all are equally shocked with all that has happened.
Now not for one second can I write anything on here without emotion as to me this a great mate and his son facing a time in their respective lives that no one can fully appreciate or understand without having to have lived in the same shoes.
Dayne will make the decision he thinks is right for him and teapot.
I've never heard teapot ever say he would love to see the boys play together but hey if he is facing a terminal illness he may have made a comment who knows.
The times I have spoken to Dayne since he commenced his time with the pies he has never been anything bar appreciative of the club for firstly drafting him and then for all the club has done for him on and off the field.
He has many close mates at the club and this decision will be the hardest of his life.
I am hoping to catch up with teapot this weekend and get the full story from his mouth and I will post any part I feel I can without betraying any family confidences.
CarringbushCigar
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by CarringbushCigar »

Much appreciated QldMagpie and i don't think that there is anyone that isn't feeling for all involved.

In the long run we all just want what is best for our players and the club.

Do u wonder if an equivalent 5 year deal at Collingwood combined with having 2015 completely off would be a great solution?

Is a 1 year trade to Brisbane and then return feasible?
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

roar wrote:Pick 4 is a gimme but it's the extra bit that's going to be interesting.
Pick 4 and an exchange of second rounders will probably be the final result, not saying I'm happy with it though.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

Gerard and Robbo on AFL 360 basically agree that it is pick 4 plus?????

The real question is who is the plus, Aish, Mayes etc. Think one of them said the plus would be a player that is 8-14 on their list.

Pick 4 is the starting point. Also said if a Gold Coast offer was better then Pies would look at it.

Let's hope that this turns into a bidding war.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

thebaldfacts wrote:Gerard and Robbo on AFL 360 basically agree that it is pick 4 plus?????

The real question is who is the plus, Aish, Mayes etc. Think one of them said the plus would be a player that is 8-14 on their list.

Pick 4 is the starting point. Also said if a Gold Coast offer was better then Pies would look at it.

His brother plays for the Lions though, pretty sure he'll nominate them in the coming weeks.

And forget about pick 4+ Aish/Mayes, Crazy Vossy isn't running the show anymore, it'll be pick 4 and an exchange of second rounders 'or' a fringe player.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

I asked this yesterday but no one responded.

Can Aish even be traded within his initial 2 year contract?

I thought there was some rule against that.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 55 times

Post by warburton lad »

I don't know beams or his family, but it would make more sense if he went to Gold Coast.

In this way, their father would have one of his lads in the state any one time...
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
RudeBoy
Been liked: 103 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Defender wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:Gerard and Robbo on AFL 360 basically agree that it is pick 4 plus?????

His brother plays for the Lions though, pretty sure he'll nominate them in the coming weeks.

And forget about pick 4+ Aish/Mayes, Crazy Vossy isn't running the show anymore, it'll be pick 4 and an exchange of second rounders 'or' a fringe player.
Defender, you don't seem to realise that Beams is not a free agent - he can't just nominate the club of his choice. He's contracted to us for another season. If he wants to return home to Qld he needs to convince the club to do so. It is then up to Collingwood if they wish to enter into negotiations with another club.....any club. Even at the end of next year he would still not be a free agent, simply an out of contracted player. He could then ask Collingwood to be traded to the club of his choice, but Collingwood could refuse and force him to nominate for the draft and risk being selected by any club at all. FWIW, I'm sure if Collingwood decides to let him return home they will open negotiations with both Brisbane and Gold coast to secure the best deal for Collingwood.
Beast

Post by Beast »

Stupied wrote:
Beast wrote:And qldmagpies, I will apologise unreservedly if we do get a confirmation of Beamsy's dad's heath taking a turn for the worse since that picture was taken.
I am an acquaintance of Daynes sister Khayla, Beast. I've spoken to her on multiple occasions regarding Dayne and Claye, and everything she has ever said about them matches perfectly with how qldmagpie describes them. I'm not going to call and pester her about this, as she is certainly not a close friend, and I have no intention of intruding on her at such a difficult time, but the last time I saw her (a few months ago now), she confirmed that Dayne was looking to extend his contract.

I have literally, no reason to believe that anything qldmagpie says is not 100% true, and some of the comments in this thread have been just sickening.
Fair enough mate but keep in mind that "close to signing" is a stock standard line from family and friends of just about all the players, even the ones that end up leaving.
So once again, I'm not accusing qldmagpies of lying, just questioning the info his been fed and his dad's health taking a turn for the worst since that instagram photo was posted.
And I will were wear everything that comes my way if it turns out to be correct.
Beast

Post by Beast »

Apparently Robbo also said Beams's current contract with us is around 600-650K mark, which is miles away from what we've been told ITT.

And its a funny one whether we should deal with Brions or GC.
Brions' offer most likely won't be as good as GC's but do we really want to make a side that has a powerhouse written all over it already even stronger????
I'm stumped...
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

swoop42 wrote:I asked this yesterday but no one responded.

Can Aish even be traded within his initial 2 year contract?

I thought there was some rule against that.
Not sure that trading after the first year is prohibited. Cannot see any reason to prohibit it. The 2 year contract is there to protect the player, so I am guessing that being traded to another club is ok as player will be paid by the other club.

That is my guess, so unless someone knows the actual rules, happy to be corrected.

Attached link is useful. Refer to point 9 re first year draft choice players. Not entirely clear, but seems to say it can be terminated.

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/wp-content ... -FINAL.pdf
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

Beast wrote:
Stupied wrote:

Fair enough mate but keep in mind that "close to signing" is a stock standard line from family and friends of just about all the players, even the ones that end up leaving.
So once again, I'm not accusing qldmagpies of lying, just questioning the info his been fed and his dad's health taking a turn for the worst since that instagram photo was posted.
And I will were wear everything that comes my way if it turns out to be correct.
Understand where you're coming from, and appreciate the civil response. I don't remember actually seeing qldmagpie actually posting that he was close to signing. All I remember is that he had instructed his management to open negotiations early to avoid a fiasco like the one surrounding Clokes contract.

As much as I'd love to be able to confirm things with Khayla, unfortunately I'm not in a position where I'd feel comfortable contacting her, and I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate any more than the sympathetic text I've sent to her.