Post Match. Pies pipped in Prelim. All comments please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

Caro reckons he's very likely to get the Dockers gig, and maybe Scott Burns Adelaide.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

BigKeyForward

Buckley's biggest mistake

Post by BigKeyForward »

Selecting Noble over Scharenberg.

Would not be suprised if the Berg says goodbye. If my heart wasn't with the club, i know i would.

The reason this was Buckleys biggest mistake, was the moment Phil Davis went off the ground. Had he selected Scharenberg over Noble, he would have had the option of schwinging Moore into the forward line.

This could have been the moment when we went BANG. Moore could have provided a dangerous threat at a critical point of the game. While Scharenberg and Roughead held down the fort.

Scharenberg is a bigger better version of Langdon, would be in my plans for next-season.
The Artist Formerly known as...
E

Re: Buckley's biggest mistake

Post by E »

BigKeyForward wrote:Selecting Noble over Scharenberg.

Would not be suprised if the Berg says goodbye. If my heart wasn't with the club, i know i would.

The reason this was Buckleys biggest mistake, was the moment Phil Davis went off the ground. Had he selected Scharenberg over Noble, he would have had the option of schwinging Moore into the forward line.

This could have been the moment when we went BANG. Moore could have provided a dangerous threat at a critical point of the game. While Scharenberg and Roughead held down the fort.

Scharenberg is a bigger better version of Langdon, would be in my plans for next-season.
yes, swing moore forward so we can catch up to them one behind at a time.

My suspicion is that we decided he'd play a few games this season and then get shut down to protect his knee. iHe is literally on his last chance with his knee. i was so pleased that he got through the season. Hopefully this augers well for him next season and he cements his rightful spot down there.

Ask Grant Hill how he feels about risking injury by playing in a finals series for Detroit when he was young. You haven't heard of Grant Hill? EXACTLY!!!
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 29 times

Post by think better »

Interesting the coaches votes with Howe being our highest polling player
https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2 ... and-grundy

while I thought Howe was very good he also dropped about 5/6 marks that he would normally swallow up (a couple of basic chest marks in that lot)
I think therefore I think - I think
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Yes - but it was very slippery. I was frustrated by his drops also but he really did play a tremendous game - most disposals on the ground (including most effective kicks). His was an outstanding finals series: two games for 51 disposals, including 39 kicks, 20 marks, 18 rebounds, 2 frees for and none against and 1 goal. He can be very proud of his games.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 104 times

Post by Pies2016 »

think better wrote:Interesting the coaches votes with Howe being our highest polling player
https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2 ... and-grundy

while I thought Howe was very good he also dropped about 5/6 marks that he would normally swallow up (a couple of basic chest marks in that lot)
Interesting. I just had a rant in another thread about Martins game against Mumford vs Grundys game against Mumford.
Martin got 10 votes for his game on Mumford, while Grundy got one.
Grundy our performed Martin STATISTICALLY in virtually every KPI.
( both played in narrow losses where both midfields were well beaten )
One of them was lauded for having one of the great finals ruck performances, while the other criticised for letting Mumford have his way.
Go figure
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 104 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Pies4shaw wrote:Yes - but it was very slippery. I was frustrated by his drops also but he really did play a tremendous game - most disposals on the ground (including most effective kicks). His was an outstanding finals series: two games for 51 disposals, including 39 kicks, 20 marks, 18 rebounds, 2 frees for and none against and 1 goal. He can be very proud of his games.
Good call. You always want to be remembered as a big game player.
Been a wonderful pick up by the club.
Leader, mentor, class act and a human highlight reel.
He kinda slips under the radar a bit at Collingwood.
Boogie Knights

Re: Buckley's biggest mistake

Post by Boogie Knights »

E wrote: Ask Grant Hill how he feels about risking injury by playing in a finals series for Detroit when he was young. You haven't heard of Grant Hill? EXACTLY!!!
This is the same Grant Hill who won two NCAA championships, NBA Rookie of the year, 7 time all-star, Hall of Fame Grant Hill?

Nope, never heard of him.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Is he aka Snowy on the tram
RudeBoy
Been liked: 86 times

Post by RudeBoy »

It's been 5 days since we pissed away our chance for another flag. I still can't get my head around the fact that not one of our elite midfielders had a good game. Not happy Jan. :cry: :?
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^It's not even that good. Apart from Thor, none of them had even a "serviceable"or a "good-ordinary-player" game. They just stank it up - and they were supposed to be our strength in 2019.
sixpoints

Post by sixpoints »

Granted sheer numbers of disposals don’t tell you everything about a player’s performance. But en masse they must mean something.
From the Prelim v GWS. The number of possessions in the game and how that ranks for 2019
Mihocek = 2, worst total of the year
Reid = 4, 2nd worst of the year
Aish = 8, 2nd worst of the year
Hoskin Elliott = 8, worst of the year
Sidebottom = 16, worst of the year
Pendlebury =18, worst of the year
Phillips = 18, 3rd worst of the year
Adams = 20, 2nd worst of the year
Treloar = 22, worst of the year.

Result = lose by 4 points.
Last edited by sixpoints on Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.Barham

Post by R.Barham »

Sums up Collingwood