Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 255 times
Been liked: 108 times

Re: Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

Post by Presti35 »

I cant believe we're still in the Houston race. We were linked to Lord as well not that long ago.

Suns have picks 13, 23 and 29. One of these will be used in the Noble trade, hopefully 13. Fiorini has also been linked, but I'd much rather we get Houston with pick 13. That leads to Joe going to Port. Will Lord be a part of this, with or without Houston?

And then we have to talk about Kennedy. Will Carlton give him up if they miss out on Houston? And will they give him up to us, especially if we get Houston.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Presti35
Has liked: 255 times
Been liked: 108 times

Re: Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

Post by Presti35 »

Take_a_Screamer wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 9:41 am
  • "COLLINGWOOD remains a potential landing spot for out-of-contract key defender Adam Tomlinson."
Hmm. Tomlinson is a fitness freak. But he hasn't been a reliable player since 2019. He is one of those guys that can play an entire match with little rest, but why dis the Dees not play him? Was he just behind May and Lever, leaving him without a spot? He missed their flag in 2021. Funnily enough he was a part of the inaugural GWS team, as was WHE. Here's a bit of trivia for you; Tomlinson and Townsend played in the inaugural GWS side, and then played against each other in the 2022 VFL GF (Casey Vs Newport). Very important to know these things. :lol:

So yeah, I dunno. I guess if we land the players we want in the trade period and still have that void in the backline, you offer him a 1 year deal. Just being 31 means we'll still need to fill this spot in 12 months. And what would it mean for Dean?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!