Pre-Grand Final. Magpies v. Lions. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

pieboy
Been liked: 2 times

Post by pieboy »

[quote="jonmac1954"][quote="pieboy"][quote="prawnstar"]28C forecast.

Will this favour us or the Lions? Or neither?

Sure, they're probably used to warmer weather up north but Melbourne's heat is a different kind of heat.

Biggest effect might be on those lucky enough to have a ticket - make sure you take some sunnies and put on the sunscreen
buzzlightyear

Post by buzzlightyear »

If you are listening to David King on SEN right now, a pretty pessimistic view of our forward / attack and scoring capabilities.
Buzz
Looking for sweet 16.....
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

buzzlightyear wrote:If you are listening to David King on SEN right now, a pretty pessimistic view of our forward / attack and scoring capabilities.
You don't have to listen to King to know that. We've kicked 9 goals and 8 goals in two finals. And that was before we lost McStay.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
1eyedpie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by 1eyedpie »

buzzlightyear wrote:If you are listening to David King on SEN right now, a pretty pessimistic view of our forward / attack and scoring capabilities.
Yea listening and he is painting a very bleak picture for us.

But anything can happen on the day have faith lads.

THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING!
Never disperse your focus unless absolutely necessary. Face one adversary at a time!

BARRACK HARD!
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

Yes, but we’ve held our opponent to the same goals or less, and in the case of Melbourne it was by design to kill the gene in the last quarter.

The third quarter vs GWS showed what we are capable of when we play our fast, higher-risk football. I think we have the ability with Naicos back to run the gauntlet like the first half of the season.

Our demolition of Port was in warm, dry conditions. I can see us replicating some of that run n gun goaling again.

The issue is Harris-Andrews. If we bomb blindly we lose. If we lower the eyes and kick low, even mongrel punts inside F50, we win.
Est. 2002
Hm

Post by Hm »

1eyedpie wrote:
Yea listening and he is painting a very bleak picture for us.

But anything can happen on the day have faith lads.

THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING!
King had GWS in the grand final last week, Caro had us out of the 8 at the start of the year, I think many "commentators" have prejudice against Collingwood and their "wishes" override their judgement. I feel we have better coaches than Brisbane and can make the best out of our team, just like when we lost all our rucks and we kept winning.
Culprit
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Culprit »

I have won my works tipping comp, it keeps going through into the finals and I can't lose as I am 4 clear. The last time I won my works (different company) tipping comp was in 2010. That's my omen.
Haff
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

I was confident against gws. I’m genuinely 50:50 on this one.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Culprit wrote:I have won my works tipping comp, it keeps going through into the finals and I can't lose as I am 4 clear. The last time I won my works (different company) tipping comp was in 2010. That's my omen.
Who do you tip for the GF? :wink:
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Culprit
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Culprit »

Magpietothemax wrote:
Culprit wrote:I have won my works tipping comp, it keeps going through into the finals and I can't lose as I am 4 clear. The last time I won my works (different company) tipping comp was in 2010. That's my omen.
Who do you tip for the GF? :wink:
A draw :shock:
David
Been liked: 45 times

Post by David »

That's literally impossible though! :lol:
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

So you were the one that made calamari out of Paul the Octopus and ate him?
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
jonmac1954
Been liked: 19 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

[quote="pieboy"][quote="jonmac1954"][quote="pieboy"][quote="prawnstar"]28C forecast.

Will this favour us or the Lions? Or neither?

Sure, they're probably used to warmer weather up north but Melbourne's heat is a different kind of heat.

Biggest effect might be on those lucky enough to have a ticket - make sure you take some sunnies and put on the sunscreen
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

^One weakness of the Magpie Army I though last game was how it became relatively silent when GWS dominated the game in the 2nd Quarter. I think the Magpie Army needs some leadership in maintaining its rage through periods when we lose momentum, because we need the vocal energy just as much or even more so during those occasions. I hope it is addressed during the GF.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Take_a_Screamer
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Maynard backs hamstrung Adams to play in grand final;
Daicos deals with Brownlow hype;
no Payne, no gain for key Lion

The Age free article:
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/we- ... 5e75b.html
Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️