Post by Dave The Man »

We should never of Traded him back in the 1st Place
I am Da Man
Born to Pie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Born to Pie »

Dave The Man wrote:We should never of Traded him back in the 1st Place
In hindsight Dave yes, but after we flogged Richmond in round 2 last year and Beams had 36 disposals, most of seemed to think it wasn't a bad trade.
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
Stevo75

Post by Stevo75 »

Regardless of everything that has happened Dayne Beams is a high quality footballer and a human being. No one here knows what he is going through so give him a break. At the time of getting him back at the Club we had just missed out on the ultimate prize and the decision was made to bring back a gun player to help us go the next step. Whatever happens from here I say good luck to you Dayne. You will always be remembered as a premiership hero of the Collingwood Football Club.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Pendlebury, Crisp, Mayne, JDG, Mihocek and Treloar got the Coaches’ votes between them that day.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:^ "mods team" is a collective noun. Therefore in UK English, you may use either is OR are
I think you're right. However your response invites another question: Wha tis the collective noun for a group of mods?

(as an aside to my aside: many years ago when I was a student I was on one occasion talking to a patient with mental health issues and who had a skin condtion. While doing this a group of doctors barged in and took over (friggin rude p*icks): when I went to document their participation I called my brother an English teacher at the time and asked what the collective noun is for a group of dermatologists: quick as a flash he said "a rash" ....loved it then love it now)

Of course I documented that in the patents notes!!
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Born to Pie wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:We should never of Traded him back in the 1st Place
In hindsight Dave yes, but after we flogged Richmond in round 2 last year and Beams had 36 disposals, most of seemed to think it wasn't a bad trade.
Just watched that match in the last week; I'd forgotton how good he was.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Haff
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

So if we get rid of him now can we bring someone in before the start of the season? I’m confused how the drafts work these days.

If so I’m hoping he just cuts ties and doesn’t drag anything out.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Getting Beams off the list will be a massive positive as he'll only be a distraction this year.

Best for everyone that he retire and that he get the support he needs as an ex-player, out of the spotlight

It's win-win as the media will lose interest as reporting about an ex-player is so much more boring than a scandal about a current player.
Last edited by What'sinaname on Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

Haff wrote:... can we bring someone in before the start of the season? I’m confused how the drafts work these days.
Yes, it's still the supplementary period for another month. (The club is probably going to bring Dunn in already, even without another spot opening.)
glasseyevfx

Post by glasseyevfx »

who would come in for Beams? There's been gems there before.
We shall set our course by the stars and not ships that pass in the night
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

I understand it’s not a good outcome but that’s what it is

If he is paid out he’s off our list so as we have one pick still to use (likely Dunn) do we now have a pick in lieu of Dayne in March SSP
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Haff
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Haff »

Surely he doesn’t get paid out? Sorry but if we knew we were bringing in damaged goods and didn’t have the appropriate protections in his contract I’ll go support the umpires every week. No disrespect.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Cam
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Stevo75 wrote:Regardless of everything that has happened Dayne Beams is a high quality footballer and a human being. No one here knows what he is going through so give him a break. At the time of getting him back at the Club we had just missed out on the ultimate prize and the decision was made to bring back a gun player to help us go the next step. Whatever happens from here I say good luck to you Dayne. You will always be remembered as a premiership hero of the Collingwood Football Club.
This.

If trying things could be done without possible failure, everyone would be doing it. Instead, it's for the brave [and the uneducated, inexperienced and stupid, but I digress...].
Get back on top.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Wheres the compensation for the beams mess
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Cam wrote: If trying things could be done without possible failure, everyone would be doing it. .
Geez Cam, this is one of the wisest statements I've seen you make on Nick's. Seriously. :!:
I agree with you that it sure does apply in this case regarding Beamsy.