What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Can you remember the website?
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

think positive wrote:So on the flight I watched ...
How did you watch 5 movies on a flight? Did you not sleep? I think the only way I could pull that off is if the flight is largely empty, I have a row of seats to myself, and I choose to watch 4 movies simultaneously on the backs of 4 seats.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

No I didn't not sleep. What's not sleep like?
Culprit
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Culprit »

piedys wrote:
Culprit wrote:Black Panther, rated really well but all it is about is a Black Superhero so Blacks don't feel left out I guess. 5/10
Black Panther was always a bit-player in the Marvel comics universe, but even back in the 70s it was a good gesture by Marvel to introduce a Black Superhero as to not alienate market-share comicbook fans.

The fact that Disney have spent big $$$ on his own feature was a huge gamble but I hope it found it's target audience. It's worth a look if you are a fan of the Marvel movies, if not, you'd be like WTF is going on here...
I was into Marvel Comics when I was young but guess I missed Black Panther and I was saying to myself, "WTF is going on". :lol: :lol:
think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

Death Wish remake with Bruce Willis. It was brutally violent and other than that it was pretty much on script as per the Charles Bronson movies. If you like blood and guts, this is for you.
stui magpie
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by stui magpie »

My daughter told me about one, "A Quiet Place"

I might give it a look.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

Went to the Movies today (yes I have finally paid). Went to Gold Class to watch Start Wars Solo. I have read a plethora of reviews which some bag it and some like it. We thought it was a great movie with action, laughs and a story line. Honestly does Ron Howard ever have a bad movie? 9/10.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

I saw Infinity War last night - it was entertaining. I especially liked the talking raccoon and the tree.

The best moment, though, was when the giant "dwarf" forged Brodie a new hammer. I came out of the cinema and saw on the replay that he'd used it to smite the Bulldogs into submission, too.

Great fun.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I watched "Wild Card" last night on Netflix. Jason Statham action flick, thin on plot, some of it seemingly borrowed from John Wick, but not as good.

Very slow start, nearly turned it off but left it on while I played on the computer and it picked up. A bit.

One scene where he wins $500k at blackjack, goes to the counter to cash out, then instead walks back to the table to put the whole lot on one hand had me seriously yelling at the TV.

Not recommended unless you're after something you can largely ignore for 80% of the movie and just watch the 3 action sequences.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Watched Justice League again last night. This time I got what they were doing with Superman.
think positive

Post by think positive »

K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

think positive wrote:...
Paris and some numbers, movie about the three Americans who stoppedthe mad gunman on the train, 8/10 a little slow
Did you realize this was an Eastwood-directed film, with the novelty value (not a success, according to the critics) of featuring "actors" in the film who were actually characters in the real-life event?

If not (or if so), how does that affect your thoughts on the film?
think positive

Post by think positive »

Yeah I did know, and they did an exceptional job. Both times!

And I love Eastwood films!