Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Yep, that’s the answer. Well done.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Based on your previous comments it seems reasonable to conclude that you think spreading defamatory rumours about our players and club is acceptable behaviour, but suggesting that person provide a source for the same or "STFU" is not

"WTF" gets over 7,000 matches by the way
billy_picken25

Post by billy_picken25 »

Wishing Dayne a swift recovery from his health problems,
also really not interested in unsubstantiated rumours.
Go Pies
"Go Pies"
Ads7

Post by Ads7 »

Beams is auctioning off his 2010 Premiership Medal to raise money for bushfire relief

https://www.instagram.com/p/B69x1ifpDft ... zwa7z3yz9t
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Bucks5 »

That is a much more generous offering than the 20% from his art work sales that he originally put up
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
Rogue2k0

Post by Rogue2k0 »

Ads7 wrote:Beams is auctioning off his 2010 Premiership Medal to raise money for bushfire relief
Why not throw in his best and fairest medals from Brisbane?

In my opinion - it shows what he thinks of the club and shows he no longer has the lpassion to play football.

I loved Dayne Beams as a player - but cut our losses and move on, blood the younger players who want to play football for the club like Tyler Brown, Wills and Sier.
orie
Been liked: 1 time

dayne beams

Post by orie »

Rogue2k0 wrote:
Ads7 wrote:Beams is auctioning off his 2010 Premiership Medal to raise money for bushfire relief

In my opinion - it shows what he thinks of the club and shows he no longer has the lpassion to play football.

I loved Dayne Beams as a player - but cut our losses and move on, blood the younger players who want to play football for the club like Tyler Brown, Wills and Sier.
It is a good gesture to raise money for the bushfire victims. It shows that he places a higher importance on the need to help others than to hang on to an object..
However, it does show that he has little attachment to what that medal represented. I guess he doesn't need it to remind him of what it meant to achieve that success. Interesting...
I always thought that Beamsey was the most skilful player at the pies at that time, and it's disappointing to see it all end this way.
'MADE IT LEGENDARY'
didick
Been liked: 1 time

Re: dayne beams

Post by didick »

orie wrote:However, it does show that he has little attachment to what that medal represented.
Wrong, he has little attachment to the medal, a simple object, not what it represented. He would have an incredible attachment to the achievement itself.

Anyway, I'm sure he has plenty of other memorabilia and photos from the GF, if he needs something material to remind him.

Good on him.
"The night is a very dark time for me" Chaz Michael Michaels
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Rogue2k0 wrote:

So Warne should be put up for treason for auctioning off his baggy green ??
matrix10

Post by matrix10 »

Pies2016 wrote:
Rogue2k0 wrote:

So Warne should be put up for treason for auctioning off his baggy green ??
warney has made his dislike for the baggy green tradition well known.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 89 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Maybe this is part of his own healing process helping others
Some times helping others when your struggling yourself is a very good aid in your own healing
He isn’t the first person to sell a premiership medal or Brownlow or other awards we may regard as priceless
Anyways it may not be lost to him or the club who knows who’s bidding on it to keep it in the magpie family
KenH

Post by KenH »

He knows that he will receive another one later this year and then follow it with another in 2021 when he retires!
Cheers big ears
Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

Bucks5 wrote:That is a much more generous offering than the 20% from his art work sales that he originally put up
Is that meant to be a joke?
You should be embarrassed to call yourself a supporter.
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Bucks5 »

It was no joke.

He initially offered to donate only 20% of the profits on his Art sales to the bush fire fund which reeks of someone trying to cash in from the bushfires does it not?

Putting up the medal is way more generous and sincere gesture.
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
BBHS
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by BBHS »

I don't think he means any personal gain. He put his medal up which is great of him. How much has that POS Gina Rinehart and her 21 Billion put up? Donuts.....