#9 John Noble - requests a trade

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Been pretty good today
Johnno75
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Johnno75 »

23 disposals 450m gained and 4 score involvements, fair day I’d say.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Im a fan of Noble, OK he aint no star like Pendles, but he works his arse off, and never gives up, all sides have types like him, even the Deeeees. I like him, he did pretty good today, hes allright by me. Just sayiing.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

Is he in the best 22 for talent? No. Super-skilled he ain't.
Is he in the best 22 for effort? Yes; he busts his arse each week, unlike some WAY overpaid, down-hill skiers getting games on reputation, and deeds from 2018/2019.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

piedys wrote:Is he in the best 22 for talent? No. Super-skilled he ain't.
Is he in the best 22 for effort? Yes; he busts his arse each week, unlike some WAY overpaid, down-hill skiers getting games on reputation, and deeds from 2018/2019.
If football was assessed on outside run and no pressure, he is a lock. But today again in critical one on ones, kicks across goal and defensive actions ( except for Ponsford) he was flawed
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
piedys

Post by piedys »

inxs88 wrote:If football was assessed on outside run and no pressure, he is a lock. But today again in critical one on ones, kicks across goal and defensive actions ( except for Ponsford) he was flawed
Yes he made that one error in the third term, kicking across goal, which conceded a gift to the dopers. However, at the very next centre clearance, he flushed one down Jack G's throat, who converted.
So he made amends for his stuff up almost immediately, and that's all you can really do in football?
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

piedys wrote:
inxs88 wrote:If football was assessed on outside run and no pressure, he is a lock. But today again in critical one on ones, kicks across goal and defensive actions ( except for Ponsford) he was flawed
Yes he made that one error in the third term, kicking across goal, which conceded a gift to the dopers. However, at the very next centre clearance, he flushed one down Jack G's throat, who converted.
So he made amends for his stuff up almost immediately, and that's all you can really do in football?
Yeah, I reckon at Collingwood this year, a team effort will be always better than depending on a champion. One for all and all for one is the best way.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

piedys wrote:
yup,

he works so hard, and he is far from our worst!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Cam
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

470 metres gained, a key cog in our running game, when he runs, we run.
Get back on top.
piedys

Post by piedys »

Lazza wrote:Yeah, I reckon at Collingwood this year, a team effort will be always better than depending on a champion. One for all and all for one is the best way.
Amen to that Bro Lazza! We will sleep well tonight after this win!
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

piedys wrote:
Lazza wrote:Yeah, I reckon at Collingwood this year, a team effort will be always better than depending on a champion. One for all and all for one is the best way.
Amen to that Bro Lazza! We will sleep well tonight after this win!
Bro piedys ain’t that truth! I had nightmares all week about this weekend being spoilt by a bummer win
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
E

Post by E »

piedys wrote:
Haters wont have noticed his elite disposal (including the obvious one you mention literally 20 seconds after his one mistake of the day). Even Collingwood hating commentators noted that some of his centering disposal was elite and only possible if you are a precise disposer of the ball.

Haters only notice his mistakes. Sidebottom made several gaffs today by foot. Nick Daicos made several mistakes by foot today as well. It was that kind of game.

Its sad when you see that the biggest haters claim to be Collingwood supporters, but there you go. some enjoy eating their own......
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Jeez Noble cops it.

Probably just needs to run into the 50 and snag one on occasion to please some.

What I see is generally clean ball user, who always presents, prepared to defend a loose ball and gains yards

I'm always happy to see him sweep up loose balls around contests.

No doubt Nick Daicos is an exception and is better, and from I see lately, Cooper Murley is someone who can be the small with the lot.

Just to banter,
I loved Ginnivan early... nothing Robot about him. And I'm seeing Henry, Puolter, Murley, MacRae
Then there''s others too... so many.

Harrison ran out of square today... with breathtaking speed as I've ever seen.

Back to Noble - Yes, on paper there is better. But on the ground, he is better than anyone.
E

Post by E »

I agree with all of that. i have been so heartened by the members of this board who have stood up for Noble. Seems like there are other astute observers out there. People adapt and can improve on early career weaknesses.

Anyone see Taylor Adams nut one from 50 metres to seal the game in the fourth? no way he could have done that when he first got to Collingwood. By the way, that also made up for a kicking error he made earlier in the game when he kicked into the man on the mark from inside scoring distance trying to get the ball to McInnes.

Finally, i know he is young, but McInnes seems to be the only one who hasn't got the memo that we are to be the more desperate team at all times..... hopefully there will be a learning curve for him on that score as he gets stronger.....
E

Post by E »

inxs88 wrote:
piedys wrote:Is he in the best 22 for talent? No. Super-skilled he ain't.
If football was assessed on outside run and no pressure, he is a lock. But today again in critical one on ones, kicks across goal and defensive actions ( except for Ponsford) he was flawed
I think JC Hartley summed it up best in another post, so rather than paraphrase him, let me just quote him.

John Noble (23 disposals @ 83%, 470 metres gained, 3 contested possessions, 20 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 16 kicks, 7 handballs, 8 marks, 1 goal assist, 4 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 2 Rebound 50s) provided great run and carry from defence where he took marks and hit most of his targets with a high level of accuracy. Noble would know to not attempt a short kick into the corridor if a teammate is not there to mark it. Other than that moment of madness in the third term, Noble applied himself brilliantly.