Post Match. Pies down to Hawks - All comments please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

K wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:Man, watching the way Melb and Geel outnumber contests at half back and actually have one of their players sit off the pack to grab the ensuing front and centre crumbs makes me ill at what we have going at Collingwood.
But they did swap 3 OOFs in about half a minute in the dying stages of the game. Didn't that bring some joy to your heart?
the dees are scum so watching them screw it up after geebung basically handed the game to them on a platter made the weekend just that little bit more bearable.
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

AN_Inkling wrote:A fairly disappointing performance. The effort was there and we had periods of dominance. In the end, we lacked the offensive players to get the job done. Compare the two forward lines and there's your difference. We're not a team that can afford to be missing 4 of our forwards.

A credit to Hawthorn as well, they were better than expected.

The most disappointing part of the game was the performance of Adams and Varcoe. We need Adams to be stepping up and he was terrible, possibly the worst game he's played for the club. Same for Varcoe, barely touched it and we badly needed his run.

Sidebottom was clearly our best and probably the only experienced player who reached the expected standard. Stephenson and Murray acquitted themselves very well for first games, tough to do in a losing side.
That pretty much gets to the heart of it. Your posts are always a voice of sanity in this asylum.
Two more flags before I die!
mgh3536

Post by mgh3536 »

Mugwump wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:A fairly disappointing performance. The effort was there and we had periods of dominance. In the end, we lacked the offensive players to get the job done. Compare the two forward lines and there's your difference. We're not a team that can afford to be missing 4 of our forwards.

A credit to Hawthorn as well, they were better than expected.

The most disappointing part of the game was the performance of Adams and Varcoe. We need Adams to be stepping up and he was terrible, possibly the worst game he's played for the club. Same for Varcoe, barely touched it and we badly needed his run.

Sidebottom was clearly our best and probably the only experienced player who reached the expected standard. Stephenson and Murray acquitted themselves very well for first games, tough to do in a losing side.
That pretty much gets to the heart of it. Your posts are always a voice of sanity in this asylum.

fair comparison, but compare the coaching boxes, there in lies the difference!!!!
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

Just watching the WC vs Sydney game. Compare the sheer mongrel of the young Swan who was felled late by Luke Shuey after a goal from the sqaure to then remonstrate and shove Shuey on his arse, to the timid, soft nature of our squad. Speaks volumes.
Est. 2002
foreigner

Post by foreigner »

Having observed the team for a long time I have noticed that in the last 6 years,

- No player has improved on what they already were or flourished under the current game plan except maybe some glimpses here and there from some like Howe
- Players do not play for each other, making a lot of skill and decision errors
- The culture of leadership, someone to take the lead and show the way when things are not going your way - many teams kill us when they have the momentum and we are unable to stop the rot
- Not playing to each others strengths or lack of understanding from the players - leading to a lot of errors, or is it that the current game plan does not suit the players
- Not being able to adapt strategy/tactics based on the game flow and the response from the opponents

I guess for us to be successful the above need to be addressed and changes made, but going from the way we played on Saturday, doesn't seem like anything has changed, which is disappointing to say the least.
Pies Forever
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

Mugwump wrote:^ Jezza, many thanks for doing the presser summary. It is a much appreciated service.
Cheers, Mugwump. Happy to do it.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

Two more flags before I die!
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

It was hard to watch at times , seeing no one on Bruest all night was terrible , cant stand that side parted accountant. Reid and Cox both very average.

On the plus side: Stephenson, Murray, Crocker, Moore all kept cracking in.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
RudeBoy
Been liked: 86 times

Post by RudeBoy »

My main worry is that we do not have a single CHAMPION player. We have some good players, but no-one to take a game by the scruff of the neck and inspire the whole team to lift.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Reading all these comments I've seen a glaring omission from just about everyone and that is the game that Pendles,played.He seemed totally disinterested and detached and had me wondering if the reports that are floating around about He and Buckley not seeing eye to eye are not true!!! Also Grundy and I did mention in other posts, looked like he was somewhere else.I think I asked the question"Was he on drugs"? He seemed a long way detached from the MCG for mine.
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

mudlark wrote:Reading all these comments I've seen a glaring omission from just about everyone and that is the game that Pendles,played.He seemed totally disinterested and detached and had me wondering if the reports that are floating around about He and Buckley not seeing eye to eye are not true!!! Also Grundy and I did mention in other posts, looked like he was somewhere else.I think I asked the question"Was he on drugs"? He seemed a long way detached from the MCG for mine.
I thought the same about Grundy.... then i saw an interview with him on one of those footy shows on Sunday morning..... and uuumm... well.... i've come to the conclusion he isnt the sharpest tool in the shed!
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

I saw players who looked play for themselves and had no Motivation to try and get back in the Game.

Does not help Bucks wants to play this Stupid Slow Sideways and Backwards Ball Movement
I am Da Man
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

burnsy17 wrote:
mudlark wrote:Reading all these comments I've seen a glaring omission from just about everyone and that is the game that Pendles,played.He seemed totally disinterested and detached and had me wondering if the reports that are floating around about He and Buckley not seeing eye to eye are not true!!! Also Grundy and I did mention in other posts, looked like he was somewhere else.I think I asked the question"Was he on drugs"? He seemed a long way detached from the MCG for mine.
I thought the same about Grundy.... then i saw an interview with him on one of those footy shows on Sunday morning..... and uuumm... well.... i've come to the conclusion he isnt the sharpest tool in the shed!
:lol: