#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

qldmagpie67
Been liked: 89 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

PyreneesPie wrote:qldmagpie67, can you give any comments on how you think Dayne and Bucks will get along the second time around?
I posted my knowledge over in the number for Beams debate (by mistake)
E

Post by E »

E

Post by E »

PyreneesPie wrote:qldmagpie67, can you give any comments on how you think Dayne and Bucks will get along the second time around?
Also, are the girls down at the Sth Melbourne ballet more nervous or less nervous than they were yesterday?
E

Post by E »

think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

qldmagpie67 wrote:Ok folks I'm a unashamed Beams fan everyone knows that here because of my relationship with his father and seeing him grow up
There's a couple things I'll now share
It was Collingwood or no one for him in Melbourne simple as that
The process dragged out because the lions tried to get his manager to deal with other clubs they thought they could get a better deal at
Dayne stood his ground and said "I'll honour my contract at the lions if you can't get a deal done with Collingwood"
He's very good mates with Sidey who attended his fathers funeral earlier in the year as did Eddie
I posted after Dayne's dad passed on the gratitude Dayne had for the club and Eddie from the first moment they found out his father was sick
Dayne made a decision at the time based on his love for his father
It's been mentioned before he's been receiving professional help dealing with the loss of his father because footy was the passion that bound them so close
Whenever he thought footy everything good about it involved his dad
I don't know if people realise or not but his father attended all home games at the lions sat in the same seats watching his sons play together
That joy was one he took to his grave
Dayne has said publicly running out at the Gabba each home game is very hard because he looks to where his father used to sit and it reminds him each time his not around any longer
Having 2 small children and no family left in Queensland the move home is a based on life after footy and support for his wife and young family
Dayne won't make anywhere near the same money and he would have staying at the lions
Yes he was handsomely rewarded at the lions but it wasn't as front loaded as the media make it seem
He would have still received around $750k a season for the next 2 years there which is going to be a lot more than he gets at Collingwood
We didn't pay 2 X 1st round picks as such for him as many think
Pick 18 and next years pick which is likley to be 12 or lower less the value of the picks we got back make it around pick 18 and pick 26 when the points differential is taken into account
We got pick 6 and 26 for him and gave up 18 & 26 and added JDG Crisp and Greenwood to our list
The picks 41 & 44 might be the points we need not to go into debt on next years draft
Well it's a done deal now we've added 25-30 tocuhes a game and a goal a game to our already stunning midfield
great post. and again, Im sorry for your loss, this must bring painful memories back for you too.

my take, yep I was pissed he left, but very happy with DeGoey and Steak knives, it worked out well for us, now we have all three!

As for his line of thought now only Dane can answer that. However, he is obviously a man with some kind of sensitivity chip. He lost his Dad this year and every game reminded him of it, and im sure he is very grateful for the Lions helping him through that, hence his speech.

And now he wants to come home, to the team he won a premiership with, the team that supported him through a very tough time. To his friends, and his wifes family. And hes giving up some coin to do it. There really is such a thing as closure, and even fairytale endings, i hope for all our sakes he gets it!

And guys, there is nothing wrong with being sensitive, real men do cry. In fact i reckon it takes a big man to show his pain. Watching a loved one die the horrible death that comes with the big C is no picnic, you grieve twice. Hes coming home to a close knit team, and i reckon he just might blossom with it. Im a very heart on my sleeve kinda girl myself, and yes i got teary, Welcome HOME Dane, all is forgiven, even though you dont owe us that.

After watching the video of Roughhead, and reading about the irish kings, and hey we signed Langdon, Moore, etc etc etc, the only ones who wanted to leave left for better opportunities. Life feels pretty good tonight!! I know that 90 sec is going to be a slow burn until mu bum is back in my MCG seat. So right now, ill take a little joy! 2 first rounders?? pick 18 is near enough a 2nd rounder!

this has feel good factor written all over it! cheers, Go Pies!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
September Zeros

Post by September Zeros »

PyreneesPie wrote:I get why Dayne wanted to get back to Melbourne, but I can't quite understand why he insisted it had to be Collingwood. I mean he didn't actually leave for Brisbane with everyone's good will and blessings, least of all Bucks.

I am a little puzzled by what has emotionally pulled him back to the Pies.
Is it because of the good relationship he had with Geoff Walsh, who was like a father figure to him when he was a young, rather wayward lad?
Does he still have strong friendships with any of the players?
Is it because this is where he started and he is reckoning on that "going home" factor getting him back on track after the loss of his father?
All very interesting.

Anyway, I'm pleased he's back and hope it does translate into the best and deepest mid-field ever seen at the Pies.
Perhaps this is his way of giving back - being the bigger man and saying "judge me if you will, but this is where my heart lies .

Too much ?
No Pressure, No Diamonds

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Post by E »

September Zeros wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:I get why Dayne wanted to get back to Melbourne, but I can't quite understand why he insisted it had to be Collingwood. I mean he didn't actually leave for Brisbane with everyone's good will and blessings, least of all Bucks.

I am a little puzzled by what has emotionally pulled him back to the Pies.
Is it because of the good relationship he had with Geoff Walsh, who was like a father figure to him when he was a young, rather wayward lad?
Does he still have strong friendships with any of the players?
Is it because this is where he started and he is reckoning on that "going home" factor getting him back on track after the loss of his father?
All very interesting.

Anyway, I'm pleased he's back and hope it does translate into the best and deepest mid-field ever seen at the Pies.
Perhaps this is his way of giving back - being the bigger man and saying "judge me if you will, but this is where my heart lies .

Too much ?
The players loved Dayne Beams. Sidey in particular. i'll bet Bucks and Beams had a chat and Bucks convinced Beams that he has evolved into a player whisperer these days and i bet they cleared the air (to the extent it was stale).
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I posted my knowledge over in the number for Beams debate (by mistake)
Here:
http://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.ph ... 34#1877734
Streak

Post by Streak »

Streak

Post by Streak »

Welcome home, Dayne.

Although he poses some interesting questions (who comes out of the midfield for Beams, if anyone?), it's always a good day when your club lands one of the upper-echelon midfielders in the competition.
35forever

Post by 35forever »

What are u on about streak? That's 35 you're talking about!
Oh, wait... are u taking the piss?
My solution to the numbers drama last year was #26 to C.Brown, #35 to Daicos, (who has been offered a deal, but still discussing, same as Mihocek & McLarty), & #42 to be the number awarded to our first draft pick each year.
I thought that was a much neater solution, even more so now as it frees up 17 for Beamer.

However CFC really doesn't give a toss about numbers these last few years. It even feels like they're being snotty about it.
"If at first you dont succeed...
... oh who cares, we did it!!!!!"

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

And when Stevo hands the 35 on what number for him❓❓
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Clifton Hill-Billy
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Clifton Hill-Billy »

Grundy to 1 as most important player in the team, he doesn't play well- we generally don't win.
Beams to take 4
Stevo to 9
"Hey Ma get off the dang roof!"
Johnno75
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.