Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Big T wrote:Whatever we do if we trade more future first round picks for mids or small forwards then it will be very disappointing.
From what I understand Wright or Kelly had said, the plan going forward is not to trade for players but use the draft and free agency. That may mean trading out some players to get draft picks. If they don't radically alter the points process for academy kids, we could bundle low picks up for higher picks from Northern state clubs.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 68 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Presti35 wrote:This year, there's been a lot of talk about Doggies players leaving the club or wanting out. Treloar and Richards are signed on until 2025, but ask yourself, would you welcome Treloar back?

I'm really not that keen on Lobb, but is there anyone else at the Dogs we can try to get over?
I would love Ed Richards to return to see his orange locks atop a black and white jumper. Of course there's some romance in there for the Pies. Better chance of getting Ed of the Dogs than Merrett out of the Dons now they've improved in 2024.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 29 times

Post by think better »

Just asking .... I've watched a bit of our VFL games. Patrick Farrant seems impressive to me. I wonder if he could earn a rookie spot at the end of the year.
I think therefore I think - I think
The Black and White Lion

Farrant has a good leap and has attempted a few speccies without the mark. He hadn’t really broken out at VFL level but booted lots of goals for his district club. Not sure if he has enough muscle or speed for AFL but let’s see.

Callum Moore booted another 7goals for the Wangaratta Magpies in the O&M yesterday. He’s backed up a few bags of goals with another bag.
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

That Sparke’s bloke been noticed by the coaching staff. Would he be a chance down the track to nominate for draft
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

Mc luggage staying with Lions - 7 years.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
The Black and White Lion

If we’re weren’t already, I’d be going Hardwick Battle & Bailey Smith in that order
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by piffdog »

Where would you play Harwick? I dont see it really. He's 27, this season averaging 10 kicks, 2 tackles and a goal. I know he made a big difference against us, but I wouldnt be going hard. Not sure why Hawks would let him go either...

I think Baily Smith would be my priority. I think he would thrive in our team. Dont know much about Battle - always seemed a plodder at the Saints although apparently having a better year this year. These players always get hyped when they are out of contract.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

Josh Battle from StKilda would be a good replacement for Nathan Murphy's spot and add to the depth of Key Backs. Also Howe is not getting any younger so his spot in the team will be available sooner than later and hence we need to replace his class and experience.
The question about Battle, who I'm sure will get a big offer from Nth Melbourne too, is if he is a better option than Charlie Dean. I think Dean has shown a bit in the last couple of weeks and at 195 cm has some potential to hold down that 3rd tall defenders role in the team over the next couple of years. Battle has shown some scope to be a capable swing-man playing both CHB and switching to pinch hit up forward for Saints so that adds to his attraction but I doubt he would be at the top of Collingwoods target recruits at the end of this season.
Lots of scuttle-butt around the potential return of Mark Keane the Irishman playing well at fullback for Adealide Crows at the moment. Personally I can't see this happening as I would think both Keane and the Crows would both be very happy with each other at the moment.
Bailey Smith is definitely gettable from the Dogs at the end of this season and is an interesting prospect. Personally I think he is a bit of a "downhill skier" but he does have pace and elite endurance which is handy to have these days, but does he deserve to be a top end earner at Collingwood? I don't think he has ever won any awards or been selected as an All Australian. He had a couple of very good games for Footscray during the 2021 finals series but apart from that struggled in 2023 and is recovering from an ACL this season.
I guess we have to pay market value and elite players don't come cheap.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by piffdog »

^^ you have probably put it better than I did. If Dean can be as good as Battle (over the course of his career - and lets be honest, no one knows), then I would rather save our purchasing power for a game breaker (midfield or forward).
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

Bailey Smith is locked away with us.

Just a matter of who else, if anyone else
Beware the swooping Magpie.
derkd
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by derkd »

burnsy17 wrote:^
What has you so confident?
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

Last edited by Magpie Russ on Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Collingwood's NEW 2024 Free Agency Target | Ned Moyle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z4UPNjnxa8&t=395s

Ruck 22, 206cm
Stats:
https://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/players/5312/ned-moyle
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Moyle's not a FA though is he? Out of contract yes, but not a FA.