Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

qldmagpie67
Been liked: 89 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

I know he’s been injured of late but is Tom lynch gettable ?
Richmond seem to want to clear some cap space and gain draft picks
Would he be good for a couple years while we find/develop a key forward ?
BazBoy
Been liked: 37 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Presti35
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Presti35 »

A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Presti35
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Presti35 »

Ok, ok...I didn't get much of a reaction for suggesting Sam Draper and Dusty Martin... So let's try this one: Luke Parker.
Soon to be 32, cant break back into the Swans team. They gave us pick 33 for Adams. :lol:
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

Presti35 wrote:Ok, ok...I didn't get much of a reaction for suggesting Sam Draper and Dusty Martin... So let's try this one: Luke Parker.
Soon to be 32, cant break back into the Swans team. They gave us pick 33 for Adams. :lol:
Another of Hine's draft ballz-ups.
I'd grab Parker, as a cheap UFA, even if he only stands up for a season, or two.
Plenty of pre-seasons behind him, good tackler, and can take all the hard hits in centre clearances. No Brainer.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

We have half a season of footy and a pre-season before next season rolls along. By then, a few of our promising young players could be ready for regular inclusion.
I am happy so far with HH, same with Joe R(Ithink)., and McKinnes probably needs another 20 games to learn to impose himself.
Nick, and Jordy ably supported by Sullivan, Fin flakey against the elite, but shows promise. Crisp still there.. et al.
We have Eyre , McStay, Dean and Steene so it's not that the cupboard is bare.

My mature recruit would be a 23- 26 yr old A grade out of contract player who is worthy of a high salary.
Playmaker or elite tall forward who can be with the current list for 5 or 6 years.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Luke Parker must be spewing, cant get a game with Swannies, might be worth a shot.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by piffdog »

piedys wrote:
Presti35 wrote:Ok, ok...I didn't get much of a reaction for suggesting Sam Draper and Dusty Martin... So let's try this one: Luke Parker.
Another of Hine's draft ballz-ups.
I'd grab Parker, as a cheap UFA, even if he only stands up for a season, or two.
Plenty of pre-seasons behind him, good tackler, and can take all the hard hits in centre clearances. No Brainer.
We already have a Luke Parker - his name is Tom Mitchell. We also let another Luke Parker go last year - his name was Taylor Adams. I think these types of players see important and I’m all for picking up another one - but as a replacement for Mitchell. I don’t think that’s for ‘25 (think he has one more year) but certainly for ‘26. Parker probably too old by then - but keen to see who the next mature age bruiser can be.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

LaurieHolden wrote:
piffdog wrote:Does someone else have the time/inclination to listen to "Gettable" on the AFL website and tell me what they're saying about the Pies trade moves?
They've been regularly suggesting we're looking for a Ruckman depth
Further to previous, YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/@afl1019 compiles industry / media trade rumours each month -
Nick Bryan ~ 2025 Non-Free Agent https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pp- ... nick-bryan
Ned Moyle ~ 2024 Non-Free Agent https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pp- ... -ned-moyle
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 68 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

We have to be looking for ruck depth for the short term. MSD has to be a ruck for me to cover the second half of the year. Now that Frampton has established himself consistently at FB, I don't want to flex the team and push him to the ruck unless we absolutely have no one left.

Unless both Begg and Steene are changing roles or being moved on at the end of the year, I don't see much point in us drafting a developing ruck and would prefer we go for a mature physical ruck type who's tall enough, can push and take marks. Even Crossley from Southport would be an option to bolster our VFL team, support our mids and fwds.

One of these types isn't going to demand an AFL spot but will be handy if needed for short periods.

Longer term maybe they're realising Begg is not going to make it as a ruck fwd, Steene to far away and Cox is closer to the end than the start. I can't see Moyle picking the pies based on spots available but he'd be a logical choice over the field if we were picking one. Visentini from Port looks like a good up and comer also with a lot of physicality about him albeit still quite young for a ruck.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
The Black and White Lion

I'm also wondering if Ben Reid is still texting Derek Hyne with Ovens & Murray player tips. Ben has ex Richmond KP Callum Moore kicking bags of goals for the Wangaratta Magpies this year. Jagged a lazy 8 yesterday. Could be a sneaky late chance this year.
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by piffdog »

Dont mind the look of Ned Moyle - though he was good for them against the Cats. Visentini also looks like he has potential.

I wonder where Cox sits once McStay is back and fit? Someone will have to make way, and I dont think it will be one of the smalls.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
The Black and White Lion

Yeah 2024 might be different, but if McStay comes back and we're busy in September, our best finals team of 2023 had Cox and McStay in the team.

The way things are going it could be Elliot out for McStay. Some worrying language from Macrae but hopefully it's only short term and Elliot gets back
The Black and White Lion

If we weren't already into him, can we please go and pick up Blake Hardwick now as a FA. He is being wasted out at the hawks. Let's bring him in for some success instead!
He has proven himself as a lockdown small defender if we need one. He's got fantastic forward craft and a good kick for goal.
Fly Wright Hyne are you listening. Please go and get Blake Hardwick for the pies in 25
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

^a very good player no doubt. If we were to secure Hardwick, if played in defence, he'd likely be vying for IQ's spot. Then you would have to ask what other position can IQ play? + IQ or Harwick wouldn't fill the style of player role Howe will leave.
While Hardwick can play both ends of the ground, his best football on empirical evidence is in defence.
Longer term, a WHE replacement is needed e.g. a true utility type player. He'd certainly fit this bill.
As an RFA, all we could do is lob a bid. If Hawthorn matches it, there endeth the negotiation. If their original club matches the offer, and the player does not wish to remain with the original club, they must enter the National Draft or seek a trade.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers