What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

i have a strange hankering for XXX or fast and furious 6 tonight!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

I watched the Wedding Ringer Josh Gad, Kevin Hart and Kaley Cuoco wasn't a bad movie, Gad plays a lawyer that has no one to be his best man, he's marrying Cuoco and hires Hart to help him.

Pretty funny movie.

I also watched the Change-Up with Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman, they're both friends and they wish to have each others live and then they switch after pissing in a fountain. Another pretty funny, decent movie.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Jurassic world! Really enjoyed it. Fast paced, and some good gags

Started watching the best marigold hotel while I was on my treadmill. Not my usual choice, but it's not bad! Love judi dench in it.

Picked up magic mike xxxl today, looking forward to re watching it!
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

think positive wrote:i have a strange hankering for XXX
Make sure you close the curtains.
stui magpie
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by stui magpie »

John Wick.

80's formula in the modern day.

Memo dudes, it wasn't just a fkn dog.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

I hate movies where the dog dies
stui magpie
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

In this one, so did the Russians. :P
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

I was watching Empire State recently, moving starring Dwayne Johnson, and Liam Hemsworth. It's about a heist at a place that takes care of money called Empire Security and also the other heists that went on there.

It wasn't a bad movie really, it was funny when the main heist was going on the deaf dog fainted after hearing a gun shot. Part the reason I watched the movie was that scene as there was a discussion on IMDB about the dog supposedly dying.

But i liked the movie really, seemed many on the message boards there didn't.

I also watched Monster with Charlize Theron, and Christina Ricci a movie about serial killer Aileen Wournos. I was inspired to re-watch it after the latest American Horror Story episode.
think positive

Post by think positive »

The Prototype wrote:I was watching Empire State recently, moving starring Dwayne Johnson, and Liam Hemsworth. It's about a heist at a place that takes care of money called Empire Security and also the other heists that went on there.

It wasn't a bad movie really, it was funny when the main heist was going on the deaf dog fainted after hearing a gun shot. Part the reason I watched the movie was that scene as there was a discussion on IMDB about the dog supposedly dying.

But i liked the movie really, seemed many on the message boards there didn't.

I also watched Monster with Charlize Theron, and Christina Ricci a movie about serial killer Aileen Wournos. I was inspired to re-watch it after the latest American Horror Story episode.
i posted about empire state a few months back, its based on a true story, its so ludicrous! love it, really good to watch

the other is also based on a true story, (i saw that woman on Oprah once, shes a real nutjob!) Charlize does an amazing job, shes is so stunning in reality, and she really made herself yuk in the movie! so well acted!!
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

think positive wrote:i posted about empire state a few months back, its based on a true story, its so ludicrous! love it, really good to watch

the other is also based on a true story, (i saw that woman on Oprah once, shes a real nutjob!) Charlize does an amazing job, shes is so stunning in reality, and she really made herself yuk in the movie! so well acted!!
I just came across it going through movies that The Rock was in, I have been looking at adding different movies and such to my watch list just so I have more variety.

I found it funny that they hadn't found the money, and how silly the place was with the lack of any real security available. I enjoyed it though, the reviews weren't so kind to the movie, but it wasn't bad really.

I have read a lot about Aileen Wournos in fact, I have a couple of documentaries based on her and many other serial killers. I watched part of the movie with Laura last year, we sorta got distracted in watching the movie before.

It is a good movie though, she does a very good job I agree, and Aileen was a massive nutcase. Had she not killed the retired beloved cop she may have actually passed with the excuse that she was going to be raped by all these men before she murdered them.

Lily Rabe played Aileen during the latest episode of American Horror Story Hotel, John Carroll Lynch played John Wayne Gacy. Both looked pretty close to the parts, however John needed more weight, and was a little too tall. I think they needed to added more swear words to Lily Rabe's part to make it passable.

I watched From Hell awhile ago, another Johnny Depp film, enjoyed that also watched Walk The Line again about Johnny Cash, love that movie as well.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

I was watching Grudge Match today, I wasn't sure it was going to be my kind of movie but it wasn't too bad really. It's been awhile since I have seen Michael Buffer as a ring announcer so seeing him in the movie was a highlight, I do miss him doing the wrestling main events.

I had hoped to find more Friday the 13th movies while I was out today, but I got some horror movies, so it will be a horror movie weekend I think.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Finally watched terminator Genesis (fell asleep last time!) not bad, found myself struggling to believe the alternate simultaneous reality

But then I realized my favorite tv show right now is about zombies!

Also watched champion a documentary about Danny trejo really good he really turned his life around
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

I was watching Murder on Pleasant Drive, based on the book by Sherrie Davis the "true story" of John Smith and his disappearing wives, and how the perseverance of the daughter and sister of his second wife Fran finally brought the story together and broke at least a part of the case.

Kelli Williams from The Practice, Adam Arkin from Chicago Hope, and many others, and Amy Madigan are in this. It's not too bad. It's one of these Time Life movies. I got it today from Cash Converters.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Love those movies, great on a rainy afternoon
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

They are always good.

I also watched Drop Dead Sexy, and Nutty Professor 1 and 2. I was in a bit of a movie mood today. I had nothing better to do. Probably going to watch all the Resident Evil movies tomorrow, not sure yet.