Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

neil
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by neil »

Presti35 wrote:Although another whole year away, Ralphy has come out and said Bailey Smith is an 80% chance to leave the Dogs.

Tim English, Logan McDonad, Tom Stewart, Hugh McCluggage, Andy McGrath, Errol Gulden, Sean Darcy, Zak Butters, Connor Rozee, Cam Zurhaar, Jack Graham, Dion Prestia, Tarryn Thomas, Changkuoth Jiath, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, and Harrison Petty were the other players he listed in his article as out of contract stars next year.

There's a few names there that'd slide in nicely into the team.
Lazy story most contracts are for three years so every year clubs needs to re-sign one third of their list
Bet most of those will re-sign after recruitment season or early next season
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

inxs88 wrote:Reckon he is a "hack" kick particularly his inside 50 kick which is the "money kick". Most other attributes I agree. Great analysis Laurie.
Bailey 68% disposal efficiency and the player he'd be eventually replacing:

Sidey 67% disposal efficiency.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ ... 1=S&fid2=S
Flagpies
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Kingsofclutch wrote:Get Bailes on RFA next year then throw 2 x 1st rounders at Callaghan at the end of 2025 when he comes out of contract
Same year as Sam Taylor coming out of contract and as a Restricted Free Agent. Surely they'll be looking to extend him well before that though. With the new CBA he'll be one of the highest paid players in the league once he inks his new terms, whomever that might be with.
GWS will have a bit of work cut out for them with the number of suitors that will be coming hard for those players.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

^
You'd think we'd have a war chest by then and a good chance at him if the rumours are true.
Flagpies
BazBoy
Been liked: 38 times

Post by BazBoy »

Have we eyes for ,or is there anything in the delisted list which opens Nov 1
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

BazBoy wrote:Have we eyes for ,or is there anything in the delisted list which opens Nov 1
Someone said Jeka did a medical with us, he's got a pair of mitts and good speed for his size, plays both ends, but he sounds a lot like Hawthorn's version of Will Kelly.
Last edited by Kingsofclutch on Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flagpies
Presti35
Has liked: 236 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Presti35 »

neil wrote:Bet most of those will re-sign after recruitment season or early next season
Very true. But maybe one or two will be playing elsewhere. I'm particularly interested in Tim English, Logan McDonad, and Jamarra Ugle-Hagan from that list. Tim and Logan with links to Perth and Jamarra expected to get a massive offer from the Swans. Sheesh, they'd all look good in black and white tho.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Will Kelly to be delisted.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Rex

Post by Rex »

Kingsofclutch wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:
inxs88 wrote:Will Kelly to be delisted.
Sauce?
Channel 7 sport
That’s quite a growing list numbers wise. That’s now six delisted and two traded. If Murph doesn’t get back that’s nine out and one in. I thought we were only considering two picks in the draft. I can’t remember where I read that, but given we’ve got selections 19, 33 and 511 (or thereabouts) two seems realistic. That leaves six spots. Hopefully it’s only five because Murph’s ok. One goes to Markov/Dean. We’re likely to keep one for Alex Condon in the MSD. So three/four spots for a rookie and some delisted players?
Markov’s a gem and I’m optimistic about Steene, but he’s still a project player. How many of those do we want?
I’m hopeful that Collingwood’s targetting recycled players and has a cunning plan. Can anyone shed light on what to expect?
Pies2016
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Pies2016 »

I wouldn’t be to worried about the list numbers.
We’ve got S S Ps, P S Ds and even an M S D that can all be used to fill spots on a list. And that’s even before the N D, the RD and D F A period.
Hope that helps.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
LaurieHolden

Post by LaurieHolden »

^ that'll be covered off on the 'Thinking ahead to the 2023 Draft' discussion

https://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtop ... highlight=
2023 AFL Premiers
Said by Zed
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Said by Zed »

Pies2016 wrote:I wouldn’t be to worried about the list numbers.
We’ve got S S Ps, P S Ds and even an M S D that can all be used to fill spots on a list. And that’s even before the N D, the RD and D F A period.
Hope that helps.
WTF Pies 2016
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...
LaurieHolden

Post by LaurieHolden »

Said by Zed, I think that might have been typed out on an Enigma machine. I've sent this over to the Bletchley Park code breakers for deciphering. :lol:
Last edited by LaurieHolden on Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
2023 AFL Premiers
Presti35
Has liked: 236 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Presti35 »

LaurieHolden wrote:Said by Zed, I think that might have been typed out on an Enigma machine. I've sent this over to the Bletchley Park code breakers for deciphering. :lol:
Bletchley Park... I once lived 5 minutes down the road from there.

Also I use to be a real JERK! But now I'm a people guy.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
woodys_world69
Been liked: 25 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

Lycett deal done?

Exclusive: Scott Lycett has committed to Collingwood on a two-year deal.
He’ll join as a Delisted Free Agent.

Source :
https://twitter.com/TomBrowne7/status/1 ... 6385954189