Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

BazBoy
Been liked: 38 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
E

Post by E »

Mr Miyagi wrote:How the **** does Hawthorn get Scully for pick 53? I'm hearing some people at the Dees are fuming.

Get Beams if he's cheap, but if it's a first rounder, not worth it.
is GWS run by the AFL or is it a private club. If its run by the AFL, this should trigger some kind of investigation...... heads should roll for this. its a joke.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Who cares if we pay 'overs'? We're gunning for a premiership RIGHT NOW. Draft picks are for the future, our future is now.
RICHO1991

Post by RICHO1991 »

THE PIES DELIVERED IN 2010
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Wokko wrote:Who cares if we pay 'overs'? We're gunning for a premiership RIGHT NOW. Draft picks are for the future, our future is now.
If he comes back, will you change your profile pic? :wink:
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Pies4shaw wrote:
Wokko wrote:Who cares if we pay 'overs'? We're gunning for a premiership RIGHT NOW. Draft picks are for the future, our future is now.
If he comes back, will you change your profile pic? :wink:
I've got this one ready to go :lol:

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Nice.
mabo

Post by mabo »

He certainly seems committed to coming back to us....

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-15/b ... fits-lions

Just smacks of opportunism to me - he's in the final stages of his career and wants another shot at a premiership.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Do we want players who can't be fussed whether they're at their current club or with us? No. No we don't.

He seemed very casual about it when asked. If a trade can be done, he's happy to go to Collingwood. But if a trade can't be done, he's happy to play on with Brisbane. So yeah, whatever mate, it's up to the clubs, I'm happy wherever.

Sorry Beams, but we don't want 50/50 players at the club. You're either on the bus, or you're not.

I hope Collingwood doesn't stuff up it's Quaynor and Kelly picks trying to get Beams.
bucking awesome
Been liked: 1 time

Post by bucking awesome »

I wouldnt have an issue with pick 18 and our first round next year going ther but only if we get multiple 2018 2nd and 3rd rnd selections as part of the deal so we have the points for the father son and academy picks this year

The nagging question i have is who would we have to move on this year and next year to accommodate it.

I dont really want to see Broomhead delisted (he lives with grundy so lets keep him so brodie isnt lonely!!) and it worries me that fringe players may also go like greenwood and goldsack. Not stars but good role players.
Painful frustrating disappointing exhilarating and unbelievably awesome. - That's a Collingwood life through and through
DT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by DT »

bucking awesome wrote:I wouldnt have an issue with pick 18 and our first round next year going ther but only if we get multiple 2018 2nd and 3rd rnd selections as part of the deal so we have the points for the father son and academy picks this year

The nagging question i have is who would we have to move on this year and next year to accommodate it.

I dont really want to see Broomhead delisted (he lives with grundy so lets keep him so brodie isnt lonely!!) and it worries me that fringe players may also go like greenwood and goldsack. Not stars but good role players.
I would. Two first rounders for a 29yo? Crazy.
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
woodys_world69
Been liked: 25 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

mabo wrote:He certainly seems committed to coming back to us....

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-15/b ... fits-lions

Just smacks of opportunism to me - he's in the final stages of his career and wants another shot at a premiership.
Nope ...it's called power of the P#55y
The GF
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

Est. 2002
melliot

Post by melliot »

Pick 18 on it's own should get it done IMO. If they are asking too much more than that, then I'm skeptical that it's worth it.

Two first Rounders for a player and their second rounder + Treloar was the Treloar deal. Treloar had 7-8 years in him.

A first rounder + a second rounder, is nearly the same price for Beams, with only 3 years of footy left in him and has been injury prone since at Brisbane. Had a good year in 2018, granted.

If pick 18 can't get it done, then walk away. It's not value.
Hm

Post by Hm »

From SEN Collingwood have made an offer of 18 and future second round for Dayne Beams.