#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

Dream Still Alive wrote:Simple. Pendlebury moves out of the midfield and becomes an All Australian Half Back
This.

You never say NO to quality players wanting to come to your club.
Est. 2002
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

think positive wrote:
Damien wrote:they're also talking about giving up our first pick and a second rounder next year. NO WAY!!
no FARKING way! not worth it, and would be just stupid
Draft picks are massively overrated, especially when you've just finished a rebuild and need to put the cherry on top.

We overpaid for Jolly and it got us a premiership (getting Ball for free certainly helped).
woftam

Post by woftam »

Damien wrote:Langdon to Freo, Neale to Brisbane, Beams to Collingwood.
Freo get shafted big time in that scenario.

Neal has won there past 2 B&F's. No way in the world they would swap him for just Langdon.
partypie

Post by partypie »

tbaker wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:2 Grand Finals for 11 kicks and no goals. This is the way to make the team better.
In fairness, that was in his first year, and before he was the champion player he is now.
To be fair he was injured when he played in the 2010 gfs.
think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

bottom line is well, the bottom line, what will he cost us?
how old is he? we dont need another Wells
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 95 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Make no mistake, Beams is a champion player. Problem is I can't see how we can get him.
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

woftam wrote:

Neal has won there past 2 B&F's. No way in the world they would swap him for just Langdon.
We have Broomhead in the closet!!! And Blair and Oxley!!! Take 'em all.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

29 next year. No thanks. If he comes cheap, sure. But there'll be a big cost, and I don't think he's worth it. We need to recruit for the future, not for the past.
SwansWay

Post by SwansWay »

Torn on this one. Would love him back but can't see how. He's basically played little over 2 seasons' worth of games over 4 years. Buyer beware. It's nice that he wants to come back and he only wants to play for the Pies, however it puts the club in a touchy position to move mountains on the whim of a player. If it does happen, he must be happy to get a reduced salary.

His indecisiveness doesn't concern me that he keeps backflipping with comments. Serious depression creates that kind of emotional confusion where you chop and change. I don't think it shows any mercenary behaviour.

Brisbane gave up a lot for him. I doubt they'll allow themselves to lose out especially after 2-3 players as a result of that trade, played in a Grand Final this year.

How did we get Tarrant back after Freo similarly gave up what turned out to be Medhurst and Ben Reid for Taz?

If Beams did come back, maybe he pushes Phillips out of the side?? Don't bite my head off, he just sprung to mind.
Last edited by SwansWay on Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

Mr Miyagi wrote:29 next year. No thanks. If he comes cheap, sure. But there'll be a big cost, and I don't think he's worth it. We need to recruit for the future, not for the past.
agree
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

woftam wrote:

So Brisbane can give them Berry, McCluggage and Hipwood as well.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
SwansWay

Post by SwansWay »

Wellingham got us a late first round pick (#17) from West Coast and he was in top form when he left Collingwood. He was much younger. Our first pick should be enough plus a fringe player, in return for how ever many latish picks we need to keep the required amount of points for our academy and father-son prospects.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

think positive wrote:QldMagpie must be still spanking the monkey since he hasnt joined the party yet!
I'm told that it's possible to do both at the same time, but I'm not sure the source is an expert on either spanking or parties.

Coincidentally, I have been looking to hire a troop of monkeys and their classical typewriters to write NBB posts for me. I am negotiating with their union to allow me to pay them peanuts.
SwansWay

Post by SwansWay »

Lol, some guy called into Trade Radio and this was the Beams deal as he envisioned it:

Beams plus 2 third round picks in exchange for Collingwood's 2018 and 2019 first round pick plus Josh Thomas and Jamie Elliott.

BAHAHAHA!!

My only question is ...does he really barrack for Brisbane?? Hehe!!
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Josh Smith and Oxley to Brisbane , Beams to the Pies sounds fair to me.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators