Post Match. Pies pipped in Prelim. All comments please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

shawthing wrote:Serious decisions need to be made on our list. Too small, too light bodied, too injury prone.

Enjoy retirement Ben Reid.

This one will scar us for life, ...
What a lot of horseshit. Talk about melodramatic & errant nonsense. It will not scar us for life. Of course a prelim final defeat hurts but scarring for life? FFS
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

watt price tully wrote:
shawthing wrote:Serious decisions need to be made on our list. Too small, too light bodied, too injury prone.

What a lot of horseshit. Talk about melodramatic & errant nonsense. It will not scar us for life. Of course a prelim final defeat hurts but scarring for life? FFS
Yes. Totally WPT. Pathetic, irrational and imbecilic nonsense.
This kind of horseshit needs to be called out.
(Was there a Marx Brothers' film called "Horseshit" ??)
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
makri

Post by makri »

Magpietothemax wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:I just looked at some of the stats.Reid got four possessions and Mihocek got 2.Six whole possessions from your two key forwards!Just not good enough.Clearly we need to recruit another key forward,but who can we get?
Tomlinson is available. Patton is going to Hawthorn but the one we really want is Cameron. Forget any of the other restricted free agents.
Cameron would be incredible...how do we get him???
Apparently a pie fan growing up
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Pies4shaw wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:Basically the Giants out muscled us for most of the game except the last 20 minutes.

A few of our players get tossed around far too easily.

Hoskin-Elliott
Brown
Aish
Noble.

We lost this game because the giants wanted it more.

FFS, once again we got clobbered at clearances, despite having the dominant ruckman. This has been a recurring theme for about 3 yrs now.

Like everyone, I'm very disappointed, but as I've seen us lose 11 Grand finals, I no longer get shattered any more. It is what it is.
No, we lost because our midfield doesn’t have enough class. You have to stop blaming the fringe players and look right at the blokes that let us down worst. They’re all in the engine room. No doubt a couple of them were under the weather physically but they sure chose a poor occasion to spud it up for three quarters.
Correct weight. Our midfield were owned for the first 3/4 quarters: Pendles, Sidey, Treloar and Adams were mauled and didn't know how to respond. We won the hitouts & got smashed when it counted in the clearances.

Our coaching staff waited too long to make changes.

Losing Degoey and Greenwood was costly for us.

Disappointing but well done overall for the year. I'm pissed off because I think we match up well on Richmond.

Still what's done is done.

Go Pies
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

VicParkTragic wrote:I’d like to thank to players and the coaches of the club for an overall successful season. More than wins than loses. Close loss in the prelim to a very good side. I love this football club and that’s it. Regardless of the end result it adds joy to my life.
Well said. What more can we do right now, but be grateful to players and coaches for giving of their all and taking us deep into September.

I feel as though I've lost some of the passion for the game this year though - not Collingwood never ever !!!!!, nor the true essence of the game. However, I'm tired of all the media hype and the commercial orientated leadership of the AFL. Unsubscribing from Fox Footy and just watching the games from my own perspective may help.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

shawthing wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
shawthing wrote: Mayne thrown forward. Mihocek should have been benched.
Now may not be the best time to try to start a coherent discussion but I have been very distressed with the way we have kept acquiring mids with the big money and trying to pick CHFs out of the bargain basement. Really, since we chased Dawes out the door, we have tried to make do with Lynch, White and Mihocek. We have no gun tall forward. We haven’t had one since we sent Travis packing. The worst aspect of it is that we haven’t even really been looking for one.

On what we witnessed today, you’d give back Treloar, WHE, Adams and Beams to trade in a quality big forward.
+ 100.

The Fox commentators are saying this result is absolutely disastrous for Collingwood. We might implode.

it will be a cold day in hell,when I pay attention to farking Fox commentators, like the old ancient Yank fart who owns Fox, they are full of more shit than the Sinai desert is full of camel dung. :roll:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

^PiesNchess
Yep, Fox commentators are worth less even than the excrement deposited by a single camel in the desert.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Cam
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

When Stevo got suspended I thought it might mirror one of the years Heater did and cost us (2008 & 2011). We did well in spite of it but it really took us from a winning side to one relying more on tricks than substance.
Get back on top.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Cam wrote:When Stevo got suspended I thought it might mirror one of the years Heater did and cost us (2008 & 2011). We did well in spite of it but it really took us from a winning side to one relying more on tricks than substance.
Yes, Stevo's suspension did bring to my mind as well the dark memories of 2011. However, in this case, it wasn't just the suspension, it was the unending avalanche of injuries as well that took the final toll.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Cuthbert Collingwood wrote:Apart from our dismal midfield performance - Grundy and Adams notwithstanding- we lost it with the selection gamble of Reid and Aish. It’s not their fault but with little recent match experience, it would have been difficult for Varcoe or Scharenberg to do worse. Overall team structure would obviously needed to be different, but not detrimental.

Not angry after our amazing last quarter fight back, but a good lesson learned about underdone second tier players
Praise be!!! Thank you Cuthbert for highlighting a concern I had pre-game about the lack of recent actual match practice, for Aish in particular.
The golden rule used to be that you don't go into finals games with unfit players. I think the same applies to those trying to return after injury, unless they are of the exceptional class of JDG for example.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

PyreneesPie wrote:
VicParkTragic wrote:I’d like to thank to players and the coaches of the club for an overall successful season. More than wins than loses. Close loss in the prelim to a very good side. I love this football club and that’s it. Regardless of the end result it adds joy to my life.
Well said. What more can we do right now, but be grateful to players and coaches for giving of their all and taking us deep into September.

I feel as though I've lost some of the passion for the game this year though - not Collingwood never ever !!!!!, nor the true essence of the game. However, I'm tired of all the media hype and the commercial orientated leadership of the AFL. Unsubscribing from Fox Footy and just watching the games from my own perspective may help.

Yes, I agree. Look when I left that shithole eitihad stadium, or whatever the hell the dump is called now, after we got absolutely belted by Norf, I thought wed be flat out making the finals, To get to third spot, with all our mass injuries, and the stevo affair, is pretty darn good, notwithstanding. Look im disappointed, but come on, had we won, by a few points , we would stagger into next week, tired, and buggered, against a near full strength rebid tigers mob, with us still minus Cox, -who terrifies the tigers- with de goey, still proppy , no greenwood, no beams, against a near full strength tigers,

Be honest as disappointed as u all are this week, how would you feel NEXT week if we got smashed in the GF, by the tigers?? Imagine the horror of the gloating Punt rd end, Mick Molloy, old Hungry, their vile feral fans, imagine it we would have gone thru humiliating hell for months. !! Am I right or am I right ?? Damn straight im right, as bad as we are feeling now, imagine losing to Richmond, itd be a freaking nightmare. I think we actually dodged abullet, this PF had 2011 all over it, had we won, we were buggered after beating the Hawks, and the Cats ran away with it. imagine losng a GF to the near fully fit tigers, youd feel a whole lot worse then,my little chickadees !! :roll: :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

watt price tully wrote:

Honestly bigger drama queens here than at Mardi Gra.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

watt price tully wrote:
Our coaching staff waited too long to make changes.
What changes would you have them make WPT? I noticed Crisp in the middle later in the game.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

LOL.
My youngest sister has just msg the family that she will be seeing some AFL execs at the GVFL finals tomorrow.

She will have to do her best to hold her tongue......they will be guests after all
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Another lesson:
I think that we also need to train ourselves for wet weather conditions alot better. It seemed to me that we did not adjust to the conditions very well. GWS seemed to make fewer mistakes in handling and transferring the ball.
Not sure how you train for this without the actual wet weather. Maybe have our preseason training camp in Glasgow Scotland, which receives the highest rainfall in Europe, and yet receives little snow. Mostly just rain, which turns the ground to slush, just what we need to practise in.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins