So. What's for Dinner?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Moving all right today, mnaged a walk to the supermarket and back this morning to get some bacon for breakfast.

So dinner tonight is a Pork scotch roast, wrapped in bacon. Roast assorted veges, Beetroot, onion, apple, potato, carrot and sweet potato and some steamed broccoli.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Pork roast was yum. Tonight walked to the supermarket and bought some mushrooms and took 2 pieces of steak out of the freezer to thaw.

Some people like pepper sauce, some garlic, some mushroom. I just mash em all together and it's yum.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

Tried this recipe tonight yum yum yum!!

Added a bit more home grown chilli and served over some noodles

https://irenamacri.com/recipes/garlic-chilli-mushrooms/
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

yum, im cooking that for lunch, i love mushrooms,
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Looks good

I bumped into this recently, haven't used it yet.

https://www.providoor.com.au/

It's not menulog or Uber Eats, this is the equivalent of going out to a flash joint, just at home.

Several schmick restaurants, you get the food delivered with instructions for you to cook/reheat at home.

Not cheap, this is special occasion stuff to me, might give it a go shortly though just for a change
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

bloody worth it if you dont have to do any of the work!

i cooked roast beef, roast potato, sweet potato, and steamed vegies. i did a heap of potatoes, cos everyone loves my roast spuds, I ate one (ok i picked the best one, but it wasnt very big) so since i walked 10 klm with a girlfriend today, then did the shopping and cleaned downstairs, i figured i could go a second - gone, allllll gone. all of them. gone.

ah well after a week im down 1.7kg and 3/4 of an inch of my lockdownKartrashianbutt!. go me!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by eddiesmith »

We had an awesome roast lamb last week from the local pizza shop, you've got to order a day beforehand, but it came with enough meat and vegies to feed 4 hungry adults and 2 kids. Was one of the best roasts I've had and only $55.

But now they are outside our 5k zone :cry: :cry:
djh
Has liked: 1 time

Post by djh »

We haven't tried Providoor, but tonight is our anniversary. We are in the SE suburbs and usually dine at MPD Steak Kitchen. They have just delivered us a similar heat and eat meal package. We are having popcorn chicken with chilli mayo and beef croquettes with harissa sauce as a shared entree, beef bourgignon with truffle mash and baby beans for the main and hazelnute creme brulee for dessert.
The entire meal only came to $80, which is quite reasonable, including delivery.
Now to hope it tastes as good as it sounds.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

Sounds yum.

I've just been mucking around in the shed making eyes and a mask for a tree, about to make some soup, variation on a minestrone and a bacon and egg pie for dinner.
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

djh wrote:beef croquettes with harissa sauce as a shared entree, beef bourgignon with truffle mash and baby beans for the main and hazelnute creme brulee for dessert.

Blimey! I'd be happy if I could just pronounce all that properly, never mind eat it!
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

djh wrote:We haven't tried Providoor, but tonight is our anniversary. We are in the SE suburbs and usually dine at MPD Steak Kitchen. They have just delivered us a similar heat and eat meal package. We are having popcorn chicken with chilli mayo and beef croquettes with harissa sauce as a shared entree, beef bourgignon with truffle mash and baby beans for the main and hazelnute creme brulee for dessert.
The entire meal only came to $80, which is quite reasonable, including delivery.
Happy Anniversary! Enjoy - hope you have a lovely bottle or 2 of red to go with it.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

Meanwhile, back at the Cafe Tannin, last night we tried something new: roast chicken and cauliflower, Italian style.

Mix tomato paste, mustard, crushed garlic, olive oil, oregano, rosemary, black pepper, and grated Parmesan to form a paste. Coat your cauliflower florets generously, and set them on a roasting tray. Pile any leftover paste on it too.

Coat chicken pieces with olive oil and a mix of herbs: marjoram, garlic, basil and whatever else seems like a good idea at the time.

Roast, then sprinkle more Parmesan over everything before serving with greens of your choice.

Yum!

Not much I'd change, but maybe stuff the chicken breasts with something smooth and cool and creamy - sour cream and lemon might work, have to try it. Or wrapping it in bacon, of course, and hang the cholesterol.
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

stui magpie wrote:^

Sounds yum.

I've just been mucking around in the shed making eyes and a mask for a tree, about to make some soup, variation on a minestrone and a bacon and egg pie for dinner.
real men don't eat quiche, err egg and bacon pie.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

Hah,

Not a quiche, the eggs weren't beaten. I didn't even speak disrespectfully to them. 8)
djh
Has liked: 1 time

Post by djh »

Well reporting back on our delivered restaurant meal, it was really good. The starters, croquettes and popcorn chicken, suffered very slightly from being reheated, but the bourgignon was amazing. Rather than being diced meat, which I expected, it was a two large pieces of delectably tender meat, possibly a beef cheek or something, but whatever it was was fantastic.

And we certainly did have a couple of bottles of good red to wash it all down. Thanks for the good wishes.

Tannin, your chicken dish sounds amazing, will have to try it. I would probably use thighs rather than breasts though. I find that they are far moister after oven cooking.