What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

I remember a very cute terrace stamp in a very funny western, long long long long time ago
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

think positive wrote:I remember a very cute terrace stamp in a very funny western, long long long long time ago
Ah, the spaghetti westerns: Trinity, Trinity is still my name - I remember those & my older brother taking me to the flicks to see them in the city. To think of the transformation to Priscilla...
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Tell me more about your name - he or she remember those his or her older brother taking him or her to the flicks to see them in the city.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 47 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 106 times

Post by stui magpie »

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:I remember a very cute terrace stamp in a very funny western, long long long long time ago
Ah, the spaghetti westerns: Trinity, Trinity is still my name - I remember those & my older brother taking me to the flicks to see them in the city. To think of the transformation to Priscilla...
Wasn't that Terrence Hill?

Terrence Hill and Bud Spencer.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Wasn't that Terrence Hill?

Terrence Hill and Bud Spencer.
Yes 100% correct. My bad. Mind you it was the 1970's :wink: :oops:
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive

Post by think positive »

oooo my bad!! too!!

yes the trinity movies!!
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

Old farts.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

The posters above not the name of the movie.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
watt price tully

Went with Mrs WPT to a Matinee screening of "Living is easy (with your eyes closed)", chic top & all.

A simply charming, delightful & warm film on pre-release through Palace cinemas.

It's won lots of awards. Spanish with English subtitles although a fair bit is in English too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO1jXG38XbM (2 min HD trailer)
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

swoop42 wrote:Old farts.
GFY :P The Trinity movies were cool. Comedy spaghetti westerns.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

I watched Godzilla this morning, probably could have been better but wasnt bad certainly beats the 1998 version that came out. This is meant to follow on from the 1984 Raymond Burr film which was also a follow on, on the 1954 one.

The film I thought had too little contact with Godzilla himself to be called a Godzilla flick, seemed they focused primarily on the other monsters that were in the movie. It wasn't really as bad as some have said, but think it needed more screen time for Godzilla since, well he was the centre piece of the movie, basically.
OEP

Post by OEP »

IMDb are stating Godzilla 2 will have Mothra, Rodan and King Ghidorah in it so I'm guessing you'll get your wish in 2018 for more Godzilla.
A Collingwood supporter since the egg was inseminated.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Ended up watching something called RED last night on 7.

Bruce Willis action shoot em up. Never heard of it before, probably went straight to DVD. Actually wasn't bad.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:Ended up watching something called RED last night on 7.

Bruce Willis action shoot em up. Never heard of it before, probably went straight to DVD. Actually wasn't bad.
yeah it did. wasn't that wrapped in it, but maybe I didn't get it all, didn't have subtitles on the copy I watched. red 2 came out earlier this year.