Post Match. Pies dump Toast. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Damien wrote:Jack Crisp biggest throw of all time close to the death. If the umps had seen it he was gone and we probably were too.
Noticed the same thing as well. And the free kick he gave away to Darling was there as well. Crisp didn’t have a great last 4 minutes.
But he did pretty well the rest of the game and in fact, all season.
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

Going through a range of emotions. One of shock, relaxation and elation all simultaneously. It was odd, but I felt relaxed throughout the game and had no anxiety about the final result. I was already happy the team surpassed expectations, but to see them hold on in the end was very satisfying. I'm also shocked we didn't lose our nerve and let West Coast run all over us.

I didn't give us a chance tonight. I thought there were too many obstacles in our way to overcome West Coast. We had to contend with a few factors:

- Being stuck in quarantine.
- Playing an opponent who was unbeaten at home for the entire season up until now.
- Big question marks has to whether we could kick a winning score. Our highest score for the year is 81 points.
- West Coast being bolstered by some major inclusions, excluding Yeo.

Great to see my man Checkers step up in a big finals match. Took the game by the scruff of the neck, particularly in the second half.

Cox transforming into god mode at the start was reminiscent of his performance two years ago in the Preliminary Final. It ironically made the difference in the final result.

It should be abundantly clear that centre clearances are a big concern for the team. We need to find a way to address it and have it rectified by next year. Grundy's had an unusually down year, but I think we have to excuse it considering the high standard he's produced for us over several years.

Geelong is very beatable. They have a poor record in finals under Chris Scott, and we'll have the confidence of knowing we can beat them. We did it earlier this year in the season, and beat them in a Qualifying Final last year.

Nice to survive the season for another week. It's been a unique challenge, but Bucks summed it up after the game. We've developed a lot of "resilience" as a club out of this whole experience.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
sherrife

Post by sherrife »

Can we pay Checkers a decent wage now?

Holy s**t. What a win.
I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks... - Eugene Debs
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

Hear hear!
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

sherrife wrote:Can we pay Checkers a decent wage now?
Exactly!!!!!! No more need be said.
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

sherrife wrote:Can we pay Checkers a decent wage now?

Holy s**t. What a win.
It's ridiculous we haven't renewed his contract.

One of our most underrated players.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Ryder Stand

Post by Ryder Stand »

A win for the true believers!
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

inxs88 wrote:Happy to get the 4 points and move on :)
No 4 points just another crack next week.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

AnthonyC
Been liked: 1 time

Post by AnthonyC »

Great win, just a great win.

Dare to dream stuff.

Clangers happen every game and with the added pressure that finals bring there’s always bound to be a few doozies. But the whole side had a never say die attitude which is all you can ask for. It’s almost a case of the side that makes the least mistakes.

Not wanting to single anyone out, but I feel that Phillips missing didn’t hurt us, at least in this game.
Go Pies!
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

I tipped us to win this by 3 points in a classic balls to the wall with Magpie style guts and determination and boy oh boy did we deliver or what?

All the lads played with such grit with a never say die attitude, we looked like we could raise the white flag early in the last but no no no! We dug deeper than Kingston Town and hit back hard with Muhammad Ali knockout blows in the greatest finals win since 2010. Big Coxy landed a few big jabs early and Checkers and DeGod finshed them off at the death. In between were 22 war heroes fighting back behind enemy lines. What a victory, one for the ages. I'm so pumped right now, when's the replay on??

Go Pies, I 'luv 'ya to death, even though you do piss me off sometimes but not tonight. Now go and eat some pussy!
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

I just want to give a huge pat on the back to Mason Cox. He set the game up for us in the first quarter. Incredible effort from a player, who as he said on Fox Footy after the game, couldn't see at the start of the year. Kudos to you Mason!!!
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Monco Matt wrote:I tipped us to win this by 3 points in a classic balls to the wall with Magpie style guts and determination and boy oh boy did we deliver or what?

All the lads played with such grit with a never say die attitude, we looked like we could raise the white flag early in the last but no no no! We dug deeper than Kingston Town and hit back hard with Muhammad Ali knockout blows in the greatest finals win since 2010. Big Coxy landed a few big jabs early and Checkers and DeGod finshed them off at the death. In between were 22 war heroes fighting back behind enemy lines. What a victory, one for the ages. I'm so pumped right now, when's the replay on??

Go Pies, I 'luv 'ya to death, even though you do piss me off sometimes but not tonight. Now go and eat some pussy!
Love this post MM, especially the reference to that magnificent race horse Kingston Town!!!
mgh3536

Post by mgh3536 »

Bloody hell the pictures that josh Thomas has got of Buckley must be so bad!!
Leggie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Leggie »

[quote="watt price tully"][quote="Leggie"]So very very proud.

I knew we would do it.

Just hoped it would be a little more than 1 point.
Bring Back Tranquilli