#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

John Wren

Post by John Wren »

AN_Inkling wrote:
4everpies wrote:
John Wren wrote: it puts us right in the box seat. that we could feasibly get pick 4 and pick 8 makes my head a little giddy. how much does this change the landscape and plans for moore?
Yes that's my question. If we got pick 4 (and then only 3 other teams could bid for Moore), then there's more chance of getting him with a second rounder.

However, the father son bidding meeting is before trade period starts, so how does that work?
Well, Brisbane and Gold Coast would obviously not bid. They'd need to keep their picks in case they're needed for a trade.

Don't think it helps us much though, Carlton and the Bulldogs will be willing to bid. It would be too good to be true for us to end up with Brisbane's pick 4, our pick 8 and Moore with a second rounder. Just can't see it happening.
not going to reread a 50 page thread and it probably has been asked, if moore were not father/son, would we even chase him? picks 4 and 8 sets us up for the long term. we'd have to accept that competing for a flag would be pushed back at least 3-4 years. don't think many supporters will tolerate that.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Born to Pie
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Born to Pie »

Very disappointing, but I can understand the sentiment if his Father's illness is the reason.

We may entertain the notion enforcing the contract, and allowing the club the time to convince him to stay.

I would think that the trade would be done now, whilst his contract has 12 months to run, to allow us to be more demanding in trade negotiations.

Otherwise why would it be announced now?

The club is more than, and bigger, than just one player. But we are going to miss Beamer, but Go Pies.
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
SteveH67

Post by SteveH67 »

[quote="thebaldfacts"]David King on AFL 360 said that if Beams goes, there goes Buck's premiership plans for the next 3-4 years.[/quote]

Agreed.

Losing Beams leaves a massive hole in our midfield.
MOTR

Post by MOTR »

AN_Inkling wrote:^^Absolutely, talent wise he's a big loss. But as a rather slow, rather short and more inside than outside player he's not a type that we are absolutely desperate for. We can use the deal to bring some of those in.
We won't be sending you up to Queensland to do our negotiating.
Be Staunch, Be Proud, Be Collingwood
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Double.
Last edited by AN_Inkling on Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well done boys!
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

MOTR wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:^^Absolutely, talent wise he's a big loss. But as a rather slow, rather short and more inside than outside player he's not a type that we are absolutely desperate for. We can use the deal to bring some of those in.
We won't be sending you up to Queensland to do our negotiating.
So which of rather slow and rather short would you dispute? He's is a very good footballer, but I would have thought those two points were undeniable. Our midfield needs a bit of pace and creativity, possibly a bit of height. We can use this opportunity to bring in those type of players is all I'm saying.
Well done boys!
Culprit
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by Culprit »

TK wrote:
Culprit wrote:Fckn Family reason my fat *rse. It's the standard bulltish excuse run by player managers.
Shocking and Terrible Post

The Old man has just battled Cancer and you write that sh*t. Some of the posters on here must live with Caroline Wilson as they have no Soul.
You are not involved in football at any level are you? It's the standard spin whenever anyone wants out for whatever reason. Live in your cocoon and stick your head in the sand. When you leave school and enter the real world you will realise its all about money.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Do you think I could ever be a rather slow rather short and more than player he's not a type that we desperate for are?
September Zeros

Post by September Zeros »

Pretty disappointing, and agree the club shouldn't be losing players of the ilk of beams. He falls under the untouchable "keep at all costs" category. Never mind Buckley, Losing him is another mark against the overall club management regardless of his reasons of leaving.

Assuming the club cannot sway him, pick 4 is chump change. We need to screw this deal to floor and have our way with it.

He's an elite midfielder, some promising young kid won't cut it.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Post by Wokko »

Culprit, I'd pay to see a video of you making a wanker comment like that to Beams. "Nah mate, we know it's not about your sick dad, you just want more money".

How about we wait and see what HE has to say rather than take your tinfoil anti Buckley bullshit as gospel?

I'm so sick and tired of all the Buckley hating wankers on this forum. Every thread has to turn into the same tired, moaning bullshit about Buckley when none of you have any great insight beyond your own terminally pessimistic sloppy shit brained rubbish.

I'll take them at face value until some kind of evidence says otherwise. As it stands Beams wants to spend time with and look after his dad who has had (or has) CANCER. Who the **** are any of you to tell him that's not worth changing FOOTBALL CLUBS over?

Arsehole.
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

How about pick 4 plus Daniel Rich??
Scribe

Post by Scribe »

Picks 4 and 8 would be really exciting.

Just like 6 and 10 revitalised our list last season.

Heady days at Westpac.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

thebaldfacts wrote:How about pick 4 plus Daniel Rich??
Big PASS
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
Culprit
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by Culprit »

Wokko wrote:Culprit, I'd pay to see a video of you making a wanker comment like that to Beams. "Nah mate, we know it's not about your sick dad, you just want more money".

How about we wait and see what HE has to say rather than take your tinfoil anti Buckley bullshit as gospel?

I'm so sick and tired of all the Buckley hating wankers on this forum. Every thread has to turn into the same tired, moaning bullshit about Buckley when none of you have any great insight beyond your own terminally pessimistic sloppy shit brained rubbish.

I'll take them at face value until some kind of evidence says otherwise. As it stands Beams wants to spend time with and look after his dad who has had (or has) CANCER. Who the **** are any of you to tell him that's not worth changing FOOTBALL CLUBS over?

Arsehole.
Wokko I am sick to death of players leaving and stating "family reasons". Especially when they can get home in under 3 hours. Wake up Arsehole.
Scribe

Post by Scribe »

Daniel Rich would certainly fit the injury profile at Collingwood.

We're all about players with serious, career-threatening injuries.