Post Match. Cats down Pies . All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Lone Ranger
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Lone Ranger »

Yes we were inaccurate but if Geelong didn’t miss so many set shots early they would have been 10 goals up.
You can’t get away from the fact that our game plan is just horrible
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 89 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

I’m calling it now
Pendles one of our greatest of the modern era retires at end of year. He just looks like a man devoid of any confidence and weighed down by carrying this team for 5 years on his own back. He’s given everything he’s mind and body can to the club and deserves not to have to witness what happened today

Sidey is finished as well. He’s lost the little speed he had. He has no kicking skills left (that shot on goal proves behind a doubt that)

Mayne never hound have been recruited in first place send him home to WA Monday morning

C.Brown delist isn’t up to AFL standard and never will be
slangman
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by slangman »

Thankfully we we banned from having to witness that rubbish live.

Why do the coaches think they are any good at playing a game of chess??

One of the worst games of football from both sides (us particularly) showcasing the pathetic influence that coaches have on the game.

Bucks’ pre game plan was deplorable and the players played accordingly.
I seriously think that if the coaches weren’t present during a game that we would play much better.

Bianco and JDG (2nd half) were good.

Brown, Madgen, Mayne were all terrible.

Hopefully don’t have to watch any part of this game again!!!
- Side By Side -
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by think positive »

Pies4shaw wrote:"Missed by that much". Maxwell Smart, post-game presser.
Hehe, yep

Lone Ranger wrote:How much better are we when we take the game on!
But Bucks continues to want the chip, chip, sideways, possession, safer, game plan
Double yep

Delayed the inevitable, no Grundy next week and Gawn was a damn monster last night, god help us!

In saying that, since I thought we would get totally smashed by my most hated team, I reckon their supporters would be more embarrassed than us!

Strange game!

As for the game day thread, thanks guys, it was a lot of fun! Cheers
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Cruisinwithdids

Post by Cruisinwithdids »

shawthing wrote:The worst possible result for us today. Shocking game. Absolutely shocking football by both teams. We won the second half but where was all that effort earlier in the game?

Now they've done just enough to delay the inevitable sacking of our coach. That is the worst of all possible outcomes. Because make no mistake Geelong played like a bottom four team today. They have no chance of winning the flag this year on that form.
Agree entirely Shaw. A disgraceful coaching performance showing a complete lack of will to take the game on until it got us to a point where Geelong didn’t have time to beat us by 10 goals. Delays the inevitable further. Any Collingwood supporter who enjoys that type of football must be enjoying lockdown.
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

qldmagpie67 wrote:I’m calling it now
Pendles one of our greatest of the modern era retires at end of year. He just looks like a man devoid of any confidence and weighed down by carrying this team for 5 years on his own back. He’s given everything he’s mind and body can to the club and deserves not to have to witness what happened today

Sidey is finished as well. He’s lost the little speed he had. He has no kicking skills left (that shot on goal proves behind a doubt that)

Mayne never hound have been recruited in first place send him home to WA Monday morning

He can't bend over.
Reminds me of Jimmy Clement who went down hill and could not pick up the ball at the end of his career.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

What a Terrible Game of Footy.

We Really should of Lost by Lot More IF Cats took there Chances.

Skills are Atrocious with even worse Gameplan.

We getting Worse Under Bucks instead of Better.

Pendles and Steele are Turning the Ball Over way to Much

De Goey showing why he should be Playing in the Midfield not up Forward.

Bianco great on Debut and Poulter Solid Again
I am Da Man
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

masoncox wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:Again why wait until the game was just about done to play direct footy.

For 3 qtrs we tried to limit the opposition and that got us no where yet playing instinctive footy with nothing to lose got us within striking distance.

I’d rather we play like that all game and lose by 40. We would learn more than the shit we served up for 3 qtrs.
Yep
Seconded. Do you want to be the coach?
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

I dunno what to say that hasn't already been said...
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

SteveH67 wrote:
We are getting closer to the end for Pendles and Sidey though, age has caught up with them now.
Yep say it looked that way today, but things can change.

The way that our players stop and prop drives all of us crazy, but strangely, our two veterans are guilty of that too, especially Sidey.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Great match by De Goey. He singlehandedly got us back in the game. Great debut by Bianco. He has a very bright future ahead of him. Murphy can play back or forward. Madgen can’t play. Callum Brown is the most frustrating footballer I have ever watched. Sier is the second most frustrating footballer I have ever watched. Message to Buckley is keep playing the kids. Only play Adams if there’s no chance of aggravating his injury. Otherwise put him in mothballs for next year. And don’t play Grundy at all next week if there’s any doubt about his neck. Assuming Cox has recovered play him and Cameron in the ruck together next week. Cameron should get an honorable mention for having to shoulder all the ruck duties in the second half.
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

If you think we are far away you have nfi
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

doriswilgus wrote:What happened in the last quarter?We kicked five amazing goals.Was that due to us playing a better brand of football,or Geelong just slacking off a bit?
Both, without a doubt.
When we threatened at certain points, they hit back with an immediate goal.
We definitely played far better in the second half when JDG was put full square in the midfield, and when players decided that they would ignore the current safety above all else policy and went for fast ball movement through the corridor. Some posters here have defended Bux' keep possession at all costs "strategy" because we don't have the skill to play fast and aggressively. The one positive I get from this game is that in fact the opposite is the truth. We actually do have the ability to take the game on and unleash aggressive ball movement: we look dangerous when the adrenalin is pulsating and we are moving the ball fast.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

think positive wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:"Missed by that much". Maxwell Smart, post-game presser.
Hehe, yep

Lone Ranger wrote:How much better are we when we take the game on!
But Bucks continues to want the chip, chip, sideways, possession, safer, game plan
Double yep

Delayed the inevitable, no Grundy next week and Gawn was a $$%^%%$ monster last night, god help us!

In saying that, since I thought we would get totally smashed by my most hated team, I reckon their supporters would be more embarrassed than us!

Strange game!

As for the game day thread, thanks guys, it was a lot of fun! Cheers
Luckily we play Melbourne in two weeks
Est. 2002
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 89 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

masoncox wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:I’m calling it now

He can't bend over.
Reminds me of Jimmy Clement who went down hill and could not pick up the ball at the end of his career.
Yeah it’s sad really I’m actually really sad to see Pendles decline he deserves so much more than what this side other senior players and the coach has shied and given him the past 18 months
We should be celebrating the a champion of the club but it’s starting to feel like a Italian opera in the making