Moderator: bbmods

scoobydoo
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

qldmagpie67
Been liked: 92 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

I haven't spoken to Dayne in couple weeks but I wouldn't be surprised if he did return to Victoria
As everyone is well aware his father passed earlier in the year and he has struggled since then.
His wife is pregnant (heavily pregnant with a son) and yes she's from Victoria and his mother and sister are both located there as well. He still owns a house in Melbourne
He was born in Victoria so Queensland was only his adopted state.
As for him returning to the pies I would say it's a long stretch really
We are very deep in the midfield and whilst I acknowledge he's skills and ability I as a pies fan would be concerned about his bodies durability
Unlike P4S who has had a dislike for him since he overshadowed Sidey for many of his years at the club he's far from a slow unskilled player (I think you've got Beams confused with Langdon who is a slow unskilled player of note)
If he comes back StKilda would be a good fit they have money to burn and need mids and leadership
i hate carlton
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by i hate carlton »

Beams is dead to me.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopi ... sc&start=0
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

qldmagpie67 wrote:I haven't spoken to Dayne in couple weeks but I wouldn't be surprised if he did return to Victoria
As everyone is well aware his father passed earlier in the year and he has struggled since then.
His wife is pregnant (heavily pregnant with a son) and yes she's from Victoria and his mother and sister are both located there as well. He still owns a house in Melbourne
He was born in Victoria so Queensland was only his adopted state.
As for him returning to the pies I would say it's a long stretch really
We are very deep in the midfield and whilst I acknowledge he's skills and ability I as a pies fan would be concerned about his bodies durability
Unlike P4S who has had a dislike for him since he overshadowed Sidey for many of his years at the club he's far from a slow unskilled player (I think you've got Beams confused with Langdon who is a slow unskilled player of note)
If he comes back StKilda would be a good fit they have money to burn and need mids and leadership

Yeah, I see Daynes' sister around at the plumbing supplies, I believe she is a rep for Methven.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
E

Post by E »

Presti35
Has liked: 255 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Presti35 »

If Wells retires....
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
inxs88

Post by inxs88 »

E

Post by E »

inxs88

Post by inxs88 »

MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 125 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

And three of them will be remembered as great contributors on one of our biggest days.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

Heater turned up at the Copeland, didn't he? I think it was a good thing that Lumumba turned up.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 98 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I'd love to seem him back at the Pies, but I can't see it happening. We need to invest in youth from here on.
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

Pies4shaw wrote:And three of them will be remembered as great contributors on one of our biggest days.
Still waiting for Beams to contribute in a Collingwood final.

Great player (eventually), but never played a good final in black and white. Leon was more deserving and guernsey in the 2010 replay.
Est. 2002