So. What's for Dinner?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

Apparently the best Reuben sandwiches are in Jewish Deli's in New York, so Pastrami is definitely not pork. It's beef.

https://keviniscooking.com/how-to-make- ... iner-27446
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

Oooohhhhh wow how dusk miss that! Yum!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

The grandson likes his sausages so, tonights dinner is sausage pasta bake.

Cooked some bowtie pasta, cut about 20 bbq sausages in quarters and browned them in the fry pan, par boiled some sweet potato, chucked in fresh stir fry veges (basically grated) from coles as the grandson isn't big on veges so hiding them is the trick, mix it all up in a baking dish with some cheese and pasta sauce, cover with foil and bake for a while.

I'll pull the foil off shortly, put some more cheese on top and brown it up.

Comfort tucker on a cool November evening.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Mrs WPT is making stuffed capsicums: little yellow ones which were grilled on high heat, sitting a bed of tomato vegetarian sauce (made the other night to go with zucchini noodles - the youngest & I made two sauces on vege & the other bolognese 2 nights ago) then a cheese mix ricotta, fetta, spinach and herbs with grated tasty over a bit more tomato veg sauce.

I'm adding grilled pork and fennel snags with some steamed veg. That's going with a salad with home grown lettuce
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Southern chicken tenders with some vegetable risotto.

The son loaded up the looked for some sauce to put on top. He got the Bunsters Shit the Bed hot sauce. This stuff is not designed to be used like tomato sauce, but he put a fair splash on, and paid for it. :lol:

Credit to him, he ate the lot before downing 2 glasses of milk but in between we had hiccups, tears and sweats.

I had a smaller dose on mine, still nice and warm in the mouth
think positive

Post by think positive »

chocolate. just chocolate, its just been an i need medical chocolate day
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Son and sharknado not coming tonight, so daughter is bringing over her new GF to say g'day.

With this beautiful summer weather, NOT, thought a slow cooker casserole was in order. Plus, don't want to be frigging round in the kitchen when people are here, rather have it prepared before they arrive.

Back to the 70's with a twist with some Apricot Chicken, but added a pinch of curry powder, some cayenne pepper and a couple of birdseye chilis to give it a bit of kick.

Used dried apricots which soak up the nectar and don't fall apart like tinned ones and added some sweet potato, zucchini and peas. Serve over brown rice mixed with quinoa.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Got some Osso Buco on cooking.

Heading back up to Toc tomorrow for a couple of days of sunshine and Me time. Haven't had time alone since pre Christmas.

Cooking the Osso Buco means the old girl has tucker for at least the next couple of days, but a grabbed a couple of microwave meals as well.

Been working on the weatherboards all arvo, stiff as a 15 year olds dick. Walk, ladder, measure, ladder, cut, walk, ladder, hammer, ladder, repeat. Broken the back of it though. Finish it when I come back from Toc, then comes painting. :(
think positive

Post by think positive »

I made some soup yesterday, 4 leeks, I head of cauliflower, a big dollop of garlic, 8 cups veg stock, I didn’t bother browning in oil, just cooked, vitamized, and then added a can of light coconut cream instead of real cream, it actually cleared my nose while it cooked, bloody good with a toasted slice of Abbott’s bakery garlic, herb and olive oil bread, yum
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Sounds yum
think positive

Post by think positive »

It really was! Sadly my anti veg hubby liked it too! Now I don’t have tomorrow’s lunch!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I liked it so much, I made some :P

2 leeks, head of Cauli, half a bulb of Garlic.

Also threw in 3 thai birdseye chilis and a dash of curry powder. Had the coconut cream ready to go but after blitzing it decided it tasted good how it was so left it out.

That's the spare for the next coupla days.

Dinner tonight is Moroccan chicken. Dinner tomorrow night is Brisket which is currently cooking in the crock pot.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Tonights dinner looks like being something soft.

Been a fun filled action packed day of keeping health providers in business.

Start the day with a GP appointment, follow up with a visit to the physio then round things out with a visit to the dentist where extracted 2 teeth and quite a few dollars. Jaw feels like I've been punched, hard, and the local hasn't worn off yet.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Lots of canned fish and beans for us.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Good soup huh Stu!

I’d starve rather than eat tinned beans!

Bugger on the jaw Stu, hope it heals quick!

Having some friends for a bbq tomorrow (cannibals!) they asked what to bring hubby said toilet paper!

I said sticky date but it takes all kinds!