Post Match. Pies down to Giants. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

PyreneesPie wrote:^ Right on MTTM! Obviously failed to read the posts herein.

Does anyone know what the mysterious "illness" was that saw Sier substituted, or was that just a furphy to get him off and Levi on?
Not sure. Don't think somehow we will ever know.
Maybe Sier was sickened because he saw that our players are totally unable to play with any kind of natural instinct, and must follow the encoded gigabytes implanted undrer their skin by Bux microchips.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

Sier had gastro, and was ill all game according to Buckley.

The incompetence of this club knows no bounds.

I’m lost for words.
Est. 2002

Post by 1970 »

Magpietothemax wrote:
1970 wrote:What a sad pitiful spectacle Collingwood has become.

The blind faith of so many of you in McGuire, Buckley et al means you are now left with a soulless corporate brand devoid of meaning.

It stands for nothing.

The Club will struggle to survive this. It is going to get much, much worse.

It is a vanity project for one man who is completely deluded.

Clarkson won't go near the joint. It's rubbish and he knows it.
Really?? If you had read most of the posts here, you would have seen that there was absolutely no blind faith in McGuire, nor in Buckley.
Don't come in here like some evangelic crusader full of the "Good Word" and tell us we are all morons.
I predicted this would happen 10 years ago. The membership have sat idly by for all of that time.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Raw Hammer wrote:Sier had gastro, and was ill all game according to Buckley.

I’m lost for words.
Really??
Mind boggling.
Why was he selected then/
Shows the lack of depth,,,or the perceived lack of depth by the coaching staff
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

1970 wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

The blind faith of so many of you in McGuire, Buckley et al means you are now left with a soulless corporate brand devoid of meaning.

It stands for nothing.

Really?? If you had read most of the posts here, you would have seen that there was absolutely no blind faith in McGuire, nor in Buckley.
Don't come in here like some evangelic crusader full of the "Good Word" and tell us we are all morons.
I predicted this would happen 10 years ago. The membership have sat idly by for all of that time.
What did you do?
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Raw Hammer

Post by Raw Hammer »

Magpietothemax wrote:

I’m lost for words.
Really??
Mind boggling.
It’s Collingwood. There’s your answer.
The joint is overrun with boys’ club buffoons.
Est. 2002
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Raw Hammer wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

I’m lost for words.
Really??
Mind boggling.
It’s Collingwood. There’s your answer.
The joint is overrun with boys’ club buffoons.
But RH, think about it. Why does this indicate boys' club buffoons?? Boys club buffoons implies corruption and selection policies that favour certain individuals Sier however, as far as I know, is not implicated in any of this. It is not boys club buffoons, but utter incompetence and lack of confidence in any alternatives on our list. Compare us with Swans, Essendon...or in fact any other club. Coaches have no faith in our list. They select according to who they think will follow Bux's gameplan. Unfortunately for Bux, the number of players willing to blindly do this may well be diminishing rapidly.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Raw Hammer

Post by Raw Hammer »

Because Buckley is still head coach, hired and kept on by Eddie, a boys’ club buffoon, and Buckley hires and keeps his incompetent assistant friend buffoons, selects players based on form from 2-3 seasons ago, and not their horrid season 2021 form to date. Their decision making is questionable, notably in team selection, hence selecting a clearly ill player cos they simply don’t trust a kid to help win the unlosable game. All part of a boys’ club, all buffoons. Amateur hour. On nearly every level. Let me rant. I enjoy saying boys’ club buffoons.
Est. 2002
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Raw Hammer wrote:Because Buckley is still head coach, hired and kept on by Eddie, a boys’ club buffoon, and Buckley hires and keeps his incompetent assistant friend buffoons, selects players based on form from 2-3 seasons ago, and not their horrid season 2021 form to date. Their decision making is questionable, notably in team selection, hence selecting a clearly ill player cos they simply don’t trust a kid to help win the unlosable game. All part of a boys’ club, all buffoons. Amateur hour. On nearly every level. Let me rant. I enjoy saying boys’ club buffoons.
Fair enough. That makes total sense. I agree totally. Exactly in my line of thinking.
Last edited by Magpietothemax on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Raw Hammer

Post by Raw Hammer »

Thank you.
Est. 2002
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by Jezza »

My enthusiasm is waning fast. I didn't expect finals this year, but we need to try and be competitive and provide supporters hope going forward.

If we're going to get something out of the year we need to start changing things whether it's personnel or game style. I've already conceded in my mind that barring a total collapse, Buckley will be seeing out of the year. I want him moved on, but mid-season changes don't happen often in this day and age.

McCreery was a limelight. Battled hard at every contest and gave a good account of himself on debut.

If nothing changes on the coaching front, we need start playing our kids and see what they can produce. Time to see if Murphy deserves the hype he received a few years ago? Start blooding the likes of McCrae, McInnes, Ruscoe, Rantall, T. Brown etc. It's better than the same old players being selected on average form.

Tonight was embarrassing. We had three day extra break, home ground advantage and an opposition with a decimated injury list and that's the best we could produce on the night?
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Jezza wrote:My enthusiasm is waning fast. I didn't expect finals this year, but we need to try and be competitive and provide supporters hope going forward.

If we're going to get something out of the year we need to start changing things whether it's personnel or game style. I've already conceded in my mind that barring a total collapse, Buckley will be seeing out of the year. I want him moved on, but mid-season changes don't happen often in this day and age.

McCreery was a limelight. Battled hard at every contest and gave a good account of himself on debut.

If nothing changes on the coaching front, we need start playing our kids and see what they can produce. Time to see if Murphy deserves the hype he received a few years ago? Start blooding the likes of McCrae, McInnes, Ruscoe, Rantall, T. Brown etc. It's better than the same old players being selected on average form.

Tonight was embarrassing. We had three day extra break, home ground advantage and an opposition with a decimated injury list and that's the best we could produce on the night?
Yep Jezza, absolutely. I think that is why so many tonight have called this a turning point moment.
Even the coaching regime may sense it. Thsy might be starting to feel, in their bones of survival, that they have to change something. Maybe they will thereby change up a few things. But it will be too little too late. By mid season I sense the denoument will play out. I think Budda Hocking is the caretaker coach.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

It stands for nothing.

I note you have , for years, never ever post when we win a game, you just only post when we lose, too gloat over losses, and the club being in the mire. Its all doom and gloom for you, and you always thrive on it. I can never recall you posting after a good win, never ever. Just saying. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Took my time coming on here, just bitterly disappointed, a very low and poor loss for the Club, totally lackluster. Plainly, we have players who have simply run out of gas, and have nothing more too give. I think we need to spell them in the VFL, and start blooding as many kids as we can, its no good persevering with the same old players who let us down week after week. Bucks will no dubt depart at seasons end, as he has said he will. Clearly we are not going to do much this season, so may as well get something positive out of it, and bring in as many kids as possible, blood them now, with an eye to next season and beyond. At least kids can bring enthusiasm to a team, we cannot keep going as we are, time to adopt a total re build youth policy now, get something out of the season, at least.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.