What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 47 times

Post by David »

Lol, good call. :mrgreen:

I hope they've given up on that bizarre 48-frames-per-second experiment this time. What was that all about?
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Well I loved the first Hobbit, just watched it. Was my favourite book in grade 6 and made me a forever lover of fantasy novels. The 'Riddles in the Dark' scenes were brilliant. Looking forward to part 2.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by What'sinaname »

I watched the DVD version of Hobbit. Much better quality as it doesn't look so CGI. In Blu-ray, the Dwarves look horribly fake.

The worst part of the movie is when the goblins chase the dwarves in Goblin Town. They shouldn't have used a Commodore Amiga for the CGI. An xbox 360 or PS3 would have been better.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Brenny

Post by Brenny »

Jezza wrote:
Brenny wrote:Anchorman 2. Was very good.
I was planning to see Anchorman 2 last week but didn't get the chance. I do plan to see it soon though.

Good to hear that it sounds good. How does it compare to the first one?
I personally thought it was better than the first. Brick was fantastic.

David, I got through 'The Hobbit' fine. Only about 360 days until I can see the next one :p

Due to the length between the two, I don't remember what happened in the first :p.

Also, they still have 3 versions of the movie. 2D, 3D and 3D high speed. I went for 2D. I'd like to watch the high speed 3D though. I've heard it's much better than 3D standard due to the faster FPS... easier to see the 3D and less blurr???
mandy

Post by mandy »

Lone Survivor

Although I prefer my Marky Mark and Taylor Kitsch with less facial hair, still really enjoyed this one. True story based on a navy SEAL operation that goes wrong. Bit hard to watch some scenes, it can be brutal. It's pretty "Hollywood", but still seems quite realistic.

9/10
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
David

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Just watched Moneyball. Great movie, whether you're a baseball fan or not. I can see a bit of Pies recruiting in the philosophy of it too.
mandy

Post by mandy »

Captain Phillips. A bit meh really.

6.5/10
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Skids »

I got that old classic "Let it Ride" for xmas, so funny, thought it was a really short flick but it was the normal hour and a half job... time flies when you're laughing your head off, love it!
Don't count the days, make the days count.
mandy

Post by mandy »

12 Years A Slave

I can't recommend this movie enough. Maybe my favourite of 2013. Brutal, sad, stunning, amazing. So horrific that's it's a true story.

Really well done and extremely well acted. Michael Fassbender nails it.

9/10.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

Finally saw Argo, had been putting it off due to my dislike of Ben Affleck, love love loved it!
think positive
Has liked: 253 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

luvdids wrote:Finally saw Argo, had been putting it off due to my dislike of Ben Affleck, love love loved it!
Yeah surprisingly good wasn't it, bit of everything, action, drama, suspense and tears!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Jezza
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 269 times

Post by Jezza »

Anchorman 2

I saw it yesterday at Village Cinemas in Doncaster and I can definitely come to the conclusion that it was nowhere near as good as the first one.

I thought having Brick play a larger role in the movie didn't work as well as I first thought it would. I thought all his scenes with his new girlfriend were quite creepy. I still feel that Ferrell's portrayal of Ron Burgandy is what kept the movie going.

I think the first half of the movie was quite good but it lost the plot in the second half of the movie as many famous actors had cameo roles and we saw Harrison Ford turn into a werewolf :lol:.

However for its comical element it's still a bundle of laughs no doubt!
Last edited by Jezza on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
mandy

Post by mandy »

Dallas Buyers Club

We're really being spoilt with the quality of movies coming out at the moment, and this is no exception. Great movie with some brilliant acting, particularly Matthew McConaughey.

8.5/10
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
David

Post by David »

Jezza wrote:Anchorman 2

I saw it yesterday at Village Cinemas in Doncaster and I can definitely come to the conclusion that it was nowhere near as good as the first one.

I thought having Brick play a larger role in the movie didn't work as well as I first thought it would. I thought all his scenes with his new girlfriend quite creepy. I still feel that Ferrell's portrayal of Ron Burgandy is what kept the movie going.

I think the first half of the movie was quite good but it lost the plot in the second half of the movie as many famous actors had cameo roles and we saw Harrison Ford turn into a werewolf :lol:.

However for its comical element it's still a bundle of laughs no doubt!
This may surprise you, but I'm actually considering watching it. It does sound pretty funny. :oops: