Post Match. Pies dump Toast. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

shawthing wrote:How the hell did we ever win that? Greatest win in club history! Against the greatest odds any team has ever faced in footy history.
I was in shock for a while I think, but I agree - one of our greatest wins against all the odds!!!!

Those freakish goals from Checkers and JDG in the last quarter saved us, but it was the G and D from all our players throughout the game that got us there. Plus, a great coaching effort from Bucks, especially to take the chance of going with Darcy Cameron. Who would've thought that would be so successful!! I was wrong questioning his selection and I'm so glad I was. :)

What a truly superlative effort, including that last play from Adams to shirt front the Eagles player about to get a clearance.

So very, very proud of our boys.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

We were called dirty pies all week. Losers, Outcasts and worse. Winning is the best method of dealing with offensive verbal abuse. Stick it right up ya
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Wish the 2018 GF ended like that
I am Da Man
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

[quote="Leggie"]So very very proud.

I knew we would do it.

Just hoped it would be a little more than 1 point.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Cam
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

doriswilgus wrote:And we finally won a really close final.When was the last time that happened?I can’t remember.
2011 PF beat the Hawks by 3 points
2014-17 no finals
2018 SF beat the Giants by 10 points
2019 QF beat the Cats by 10 points
Get back on top.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Pies2016 »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:The most pleasing aspect is we had 22 contributors tonight. If we hadn’t we would have lost. Both changes to the team worked out. Cameron was good. Greenwood was fantastic. Didn’t think he had it in him any more. Mayne will be better for the run next week. Even Thomas was ok. No changes for next week. Bring on Geelong.
That’s a good call on Greenwood. You need blokes who don’t get beaten at ground level. Kelly had no impact early and that was due to Greenwood’s blanket job.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Piesnchess »

think positive wrote:
derkd wrote:Want a laugh over the coming days read the West Coast big footy game day thread.
really? Ok ta! I think I’ll be up all night again,

Yes, the Bigfooty Wet Toast Bigfooty site should be real hoot tonight, those vile feral fans are worst losers of all time, enjoy !! :P :lol:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
K wrote:Good game by Noble too.

He doesn't get the credit he deserves.
He was fantastic. I don’t think he kicked it backwards either
Agree. that clutch goal in the third quarter (???) was wonderful!!!
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

Never discount collingwood on the road
Magpiefan3

Post by Magpiefan3 »

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:So if we beat Geelong next week, we play the Bears the week after right?
Yes that's correct.
2016 Player Sponsor for Travis Varcoe

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

That was steely. For the first time this season it looked as if we could take hits and ride the natural ebb and flow of the game without dropping our heads.

Outsmarted at centre clearances again, but far tougher over the ball and at stoppages with more tackles sticking. Adams was a beast. We were still a bit fumbly in close, but nowhere near as bad as we've been.

Great to see the ball in dangerous hands - Daics, Treloar, De Goey, Pendles - moving forward of the middle. Teams finally have something to worry about going the other way. Better use of width and overlap through Daics, Stevo, Noble, Mayne and others.

Big efforts from Coxy and Mihocek, with Darcy Cameron rising to the challenge. Nothing wrong with Grundy being given some team support to see him through a wearisome period. That's what good teams do.

The backs took one for the team, but never folded and in fact did even better in the last when it counted.

With extra muscle on board and a deadly 35m kick, Coxy is ready for another big one.

Clever move to tag team Naitanui and put Mihocek back at the end. You can teach our coaching staff new tricks after all.
Last edited by pietillidie on Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
think positive
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by think positive »

Piesnchess wrote:
think positive wrote:
doriswilgus wrote: :D

Beautifully sung,my friend.I could hear it right down here in Tassie!
:D
Cheers man our team was as awesome as the lady herself tonight xxxx

T P, bought meself a bottle of Jimmy Beam, reckon its time i cracked him open, wooohoo, im bloody over the moon, time to celebrate hey ! :D :P
100% mate 100%! I’m still in shock!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Cam wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:And we finally won a really close final.When was the last time that happened?I can’t remember.
2011 PF beat the Hawks by 3 points
2014-17 no finals
2018 SF beat the Giants by 10 points
2019 QF beat the Cats by 10 points
Oh yeah,I forgot about the Hawthorn win.But I think in the other two games we led by quite a bit for most of the game and the other team started catching up to us at the end,didn’t they?
Cam
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

PyreneesPie wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
K wrote:Good game by Noble too.

He doesn't get the credit he deserves.
He was fantastic. I don’t think he kicked it backwards either
Agree. that clutch goal in the third quarter (???) was wonderful!!!
+1
Get back on top.
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

doriswilgus wrote:I think God was finally on our side tonight,She certainly helped us win that game.Thank you Helen Reddy for that line.Now why do I feel like singing I am Woman right now? :D
With you all the way Doris!~!! :)