#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

swoop42
Been liked: 5 times

Post by swoop42 »

Dayne has two choices recommit to us and sign a contract extension or be prepared to move to GWS or the Gold Coast.

Thankfully both those clubs would be ours and Dayne's next best option to get a deal done after Brisbane.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Interesting that we also turned down 5 and 21.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

swoop42 wrote:Dayne has two choices recommit to us and sign a contract extension or be prepared to move to GWS or the Gold Coast.

Thankfully both those clubs would be ours and Dayne's next best option to get a deal done after Brisbane.
Explain why in option 1 he would have to resign anything with us (even if he did 'commit' for 1 more year (or alternatively 'go through the motions' for his last contracted year))...?

He does have another option though, skip playing for the next year and then ask to be traded at the end of the season, doubtful of course that would happen but it is an option.
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
35forever

Post by 35forever »

"If at first you dont succeed...
... oh who cares, we did it!!!!!"

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

What'sinaname wrote:Interesting that we also turned down 5 and 21.
Heard that. Schwarb said that they upgraded their offer to 5 and 21.
Seriously though 5 and 21 ain't much different from 5 and 25 especially when we made it clear that we required a player.

Overall happy with the professionalism the Club dealt with this. Stark contrast to the childish use of twitter by Leppitsch and others from the Brisbane camp.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

thebaldfacts wrote:
Seriously though 5 and 21 ain't much different from 5 and 25 especially when we made it clear that we required a player.

Overall happy with the professionalism the Club dealt with this. Stark contrast to the childish use of twitter by Leppitsch and others from the Brisbane camp.
Even if we lose Beams next season for nothing (heaven forbid), it's important that the club stood firm so we don't have these problems arising in the future (or at least restrict them from happening), so I totally agree with you and I'm sure most of us on this list would concur.
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

thebaldfacts wrote:

5 + 21 is essentially no different. We would have accepted 5, 21 + 25 which is still unders, and a significant concession given we wanted a player, but the Lions couldn't accept because they wanted Christensen. Well that shows where their priorities lay and that's the end of discussions.
Well done boys!
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

Starting to thInk this was just a massive fishing expedition from Brisbane. Chuck him some big bucks, get him to use the sick dad excuse, hope for Pies to fold on compassionate grounds.

They seem to be more focused on getting Christensen because they actually weren't prepared to part with any players. They probably think they'll get him for next to nothing next year. Well, a lot can happen in 12 months.

Starting to remember why I hated Brisbane so much...
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

when on radio this arvo schwab sounded like someone who wasn't too fussed whether a trade occured or not. to me, it sounded like they had a crack, couldn't get their man and were happy to move on. whether that was intentional or not i couldn't tell.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

I am very happy that we stood firm against all the attempts at emotional blackmail and other forms of pressure and asserted our right to an equitable transaction. Brisbane's offer of two picks for a player of Beams' proven ability was laughable. I am unhappy to hear that we might have accepted three picks, because that too would not have been adequate. I hope that in any future negotiations with any other club that we that we absolutely commit to gaining a like player in return.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

However, I would much prefer Beams to stay with us in 2015. If he is still a Pie in 2015, I have absolute confidence that he will strive for his very best. Whatever his recent behaviour, he is a sports professional of the highest calibre and will always strive for an elite level. His record over the last year proves this.
I am hoping that Harvey is right and that this was all just an elaborate plan to demand more money in the next deal.
Wilko

Post by Wilko »

I'm guessing the next step is Beams flog of a manager has to break the bad news
The balls back in Beams court
Play for pies in 2015, try luck with GC or GWS, or sit out the year
My money is on welcome Beams 2015
No think again my money is on trade will be eventually be done..oh shit what do I really know..we're kidding ourselves
Having another beer..been a confusing week
LOVE THE CLUB
:shock:
Wilkinson
CarringbushCigar
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by CarringbushCigar »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:It would take Miracle Max to fix this.
He's only mostly not traded.
But this is Heater's true love - If you trade Beamer, he will stop Humperdinck's wedding
Stinger

Post by Stinger »

I still think a deal will get done.

Collingwood were never going to cave in to a deal that was picks only. Why would we, beams is contracted to us and we demanded a player.

Brisbane categorically stated they wouldn't trade a young player. Why would they when last year they were lined up out the door? What message would that send to the group that stuck it out this year, did ok for a young group, and are starting to see a future. They couldn't throw anyone under the bus.

If I was one of Redden, Aish, Mayers or Rich I would seriously be weighing up my future this weekend. A future that I could redirect to play at the home of footy every week at the G in front of the biggest army of supporters in the land. I only have to put my hand up, let my manager know and the wheels will be set in motion. I get a pay rise. I get a new home in the heart of footy. And the lions will say they are disappointed but this will quickly be forgotten when they are parading Beams out in front of all and sundry in a frickin lions jumper for quadruple what they are paying me.

Today was all about saving face for both parties. Brisbane weren't bullied and the Pies didn't bend over for the lions and nor should we. We hold the keys. Last time I checked we had a contract. A contract that still has value. But a deal will be done, this is too big an opportunity for Brisbane, for Beams (bigger pay) and for his manager via commissions.
swoop42
Been liked: 5 times

Post by swoop42 »

I'd much rather send him to GWS or GC for a comparable offer now than see him end up at Brisbane.

They had there chance. They blew it.

It would be so sweet to come away with a better deal than they were offering and for Beams to be playing anywhere bar Brisbane.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!