#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 98 times

Post by RudeBoy »

While disheartened that Beams wants to leave, and at his non-attendance at the Copeland, I don't feel anger towards him, just disappointment. At the end of the day, I don't think he's a particularly smart guy. A good footballer yes, but an intellectual, no. He's probably being manipulated somewhat by his manager. So if he ends up remaining with us, I'd hope we all accept him back to the fold and cheer him on each week.
jdpie1970

Post by jdpie1970 »

RudeBoy wrote:While disheartened that Beams wants to leave, and at his non-attendance at the Copeland, I don't feel anger towards him, just disappointment. At the end of the day, I don't think he's a particularly smart guy. A good footballer yes, but an intellectual, no. He's probably being manipulated somewhat by his manager. So if he ends up remaining with us, I'd hope we all accept him back to the fold and cheer him on each week.
I think we really need to prepare ourselves for the eventuality of cheering him on next year (and from there hopefully several years after).
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

jdpie1970 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:While disheartened that Beams wants to leave, and at his non-attendance at the Copeland, I don't feel anger towards him, just disappointment. At the end of the day, I don't think he's a particularly smart guy. A good footballer yes, but an intellectual, no. He's probably being manipulated somewhat by his manager. So if he ends up remaining with us, I'd hope we all accept him back to the fold and cheer him on each week.
I think we really need to prepare ourselves for the eventuality of cheering him on next year (and from there hopefully several years after).
I hadn't discounted the possibility, in fact it remains my prefered option.
Museman

Post by Museman »

Az wrote:Here is what I think happened. We got into Pickering's ear about Aish and maybe trying to convince him to ask Leppa to be thrown in the deal to come to the Pies or basically saying he "wants out". He has either gone and asked Leppa to be traded or had simply just informed him that we had inquired about him and they have got all butt hurt about it, regardless of the fact they clearly spoke to Beams who is also a contracted player.

One thing is certain, this trade is well and truly not happening. Especially when coaches can't shut their mouths and take to twitter to voice cheap shots at clubs they're trying to deal with because they're not getting their way. I suppose they have a habit of it after the "mummy's boys" tweet last year. Seriously, what an unprofessional way to go about it. Hope the board gives him a whack for it.
They are a pretend club, a farken holiday destination, there's about 100 people in the whole wide world that truly give a frig about them, they are funded into existence by us, the heartland supporters, and half-heartedly supported by expat Vics.....

They behave in an amateurish manner because they are amateurs.....

The AFL might wanna put a muzzle on this fuqwit before he does more highlighting of just stupid expansion into an area that couldn't care less is.
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

It's 1:00pm now on Friday. Get the feeling none of these trades are going to come through.
Last edited by stoliboy on Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
Harvey

Post by Harvey »

jackcass wrote:
jdpie1970 wrote:
I hadn't discounted the possibility, in fact it remains my prefered option.
I think most of it is Paul Connors playing tactics to try get double the salary for Beams next year and in turn double his commission for next year. What has Dayne done exactly apart from missing the BnF? He still seems to be getting on great with other Pies players in the US. Don't think there will be any disharmony in the team if he stays next year.

It's just a game of cat and mouse being played by Connors at the moment. And based on the reactions of supporters and the media, the no-show at the BnF has worked a treat in getting people to think Beam's position at the club is untenable. Lucky the club is smart enough to see past it and not fall for it.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

If Beams stays and we get an year to convince him we're the ones that he wants then I'd still be happy. The B&F no show was a slap in the face, but I don't think it's a deal breaker for him staying.

We could always offer to renegotiate his contract effective immediately.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

stoliboy wrote:It's 1:00pm now on Friday. Get the feeling none of these trades are going to come through.
the trade period doesn't end until next week. don't throw away your tickets just yet.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Harvey

Post by Harvey »

Wokko wrote:
Can't do that unfortunately otherwise it'll again open up the floodgates for players to demand trades and force us to renegotiate contracts.

Next year though when Beam's contract runs out, by all means match Brisbane's offer in which case there would be very little incentive for Beams to join that basketcase club.

I love how the media and deluded Brisbane supporters keep sprouting now about how they've suddenly turned into a destination club. They are as much a destination club as GWS and GC were when they first started. Only attraction is the money. As if players from Geelong and Collingwood would choose to play for Brisbane instead.
Az

Post by Az »

Harvey wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Can't do that unfortunately otherwise it'll again open up the floodgates for players to demand trades and force us to renegotiate contracts.

Next year though when Beam's contract runs out, by all means match Brisbane's offer in which case there would be very little incentive for Beams to join that basketcase club.

I love how the media and deluded Brisbane supporters keep sprouting now about how they've suddenly turned into a destination club. They are as much a destination club as GWS and GC were when they first started. Only attraction is the money. As if players from Geelong and Collingwood would choose to play for Brisbane instead.
Laughable isn't it. Never mind the fact it's his home state, they're offering 800k a season, his brother plays there and his ill father is close by... the Brions are a destination club. Almost as laughable as the Geelong nut cases declaring Christiansen is worth a first rounder.
King Monkey
Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

Post by King Monkey »

So, your mob only approached Dane Beams during the specified "window" right Justin????
Pull your head in you clown.
"I am a great sage, equal of heaven.
Grow stick, grow.
Fly cloud, fly.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

I don't pull.
King Monkey
Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

Post by King Monkey »

"So, Dayne and Paul, Brisbane are offering us way unders in their attempt at getting a deal across the line. If they don't offer us something fair and reasonable, then how serious are they exactly about getting you across???? Do they rate yourself, or do do they rate Aish/Reddan/etc more highly???? Think about that lads....."
"I am a great sage, equal of heaven.
Grow stick, grow.
Fly cloud, fly.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
CarringbushCigar
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by CarringbushCigar »

If Leppa posted that on this board he would be carded.

<snip>

just woken up, catching up with the news

OMG a significant player wants out and the coach has a good hard look and offers his resignation

that's class
Mr Gordon - all CLASS
suedehead

Post by suedehead »

This is mildly amusing. Now trending on twitter...

@JLeppitsch #5pmdeadline #ticktock

Get on board.