What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

stui magpie wrote:
Peter Griffin wrote:Has anyone seen any of the 31 (I think) Carry On movies? I've been told about them but haven't seen them. They sound funny!
I've seen several of them, they were sort of funny 30 years ago, in a benny hill sort of way.
Good description & they were but were a bit of fun at the time but no more than that. British sexual innuendo, know what I mean, know what I mean. Carry on up the Kyber, gay innuendo, sexual etc, Syd james, Kenneth Williams who I thought was marvellous,some talented actors in predictable shows.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Robbo.D.yobbo

Post by Robbo.D.yobbo »

Watching Raging Bull right now. It's brilliant.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

While most Aussies were watching that tennis crap last night :P I tuned into SBS and watched 'City of God'.
Not something I planned but after flicking around then watching the 1st few mins I found it very difficult to not continue on.
Very confronting Brazilian movie based on true events, set in gang warfare stricken suburbs of Rio in the 70's. It's basically a 1st hand account by a budding young photographer who's closely connected to all the warfare and corruption but somehow manages to not get engulfed by it all. Powerful, violent (non gratuitous, it was all very relevant) and shocking at times but altogether a very engaging film.
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
stui magpie
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 117 times

Post by stui magpie »

Watched Sherlock Homes last night on Blue Ray on the new 50 inch plasma. Very not bad.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
mandy

Post by mandy »

SATC2. Very average.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
David
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by David »

^ lol, this is the consensus I've heard. I almost want to see it out of schadenfreude. :P
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

stui magpie wrote:Watched Sherlock Homes last night on Blue Ray on the new 50 inch plasma. Very not bad.
i enjoyed it. thought downey jnr did a great job.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

jmcp wrote:
stui magpie wrote:Watched Sherlock Homes last night on Blue Ray on the new 50 inch plasma. Very not bad.
i enjoyed it. thought downey jnr did a great job.
He is very good, did a very good job in this.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
OEP

Post by OEP »

Yeah I really enjoyed it.
A Collingwood supporter since the egg was inseminated.
OEP

Post by OEP »

mandy wrote:SATC2. Very average.
You could tell it was going to be bad just from watching the previews. I mean the norm is to put the good bits in the preview to draw people to the movie and generate interest. All the SATC2 previews did was increase the chance of a person falling asleep in the movie, which isn't great considering the preview generally only last for about 30 seconds.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Crank - High Voltage.

Serious action flick with Jason Statham. I'm not sure if there was a plot there somewhere, but I enjoyed it.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

When was this exactly?
OEP

Post by OEP »

stui magpie wrote:Crank - High Voltage.

Serious action flick with Jason Statham. I'm not sure if there was a plot there somewhere, but I enjoyed it.
Great movie. All action, shut-your-brain-off fun. A plot would have just slowed the movie down :wink:
OEP

Post by OEP »

Saw Legion on cheapskate Tuesday.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, it wasn't bad but it wasn't great either.

I think for me the greatest disappointment was that with so much material to work with (the apocalypse), they did so little with it. This is a movie that could've been, and should have been, a grandiose experience but ended up being a shadow of it's potential.
Kingswood

Post by Kingswood »

i havent watched a movie in ages.