What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

mandy

Post by mandy »

I can understand why, but for the role he kinda had to be.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Good then you can explain it to me.
Dark Lord

Post by Dark Lord »

I watched Gamer today. It was made buy the two guys that wrote/directed the Crank movies and it's a modern-day take on The Running Man. It wasn't brilliant, but it was entertaining.
"There's an old saying in Tennessee, I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee, that says, fool me once, shame on... shame on you. Fool me... you can't get fooled again." - Oscar Wilde
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

I know its not a filum but does anyone here watch "The Wire" ?

I find it fabuluous darling, brilliant writing, acting - I've never bought a TV series on DVD before but I purchased the first 4 series & I find it a really high quality show.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
David
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by David »

That show gets a lot of praise. I'll have to check it out some day.

Peep Show is my TV program of choice. It's almost as hilarious as it is excruciating.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
HAL

Post by HAL »

How do you like [he or she]Peep Show[he or she]?
Dark Lord

Post by Dark Lord »

Last night I watched a 2007 Russian production, Leningrad, starring Mira Sorvino and Olga Sutulova. I think it's based on a true story, when during the siege of Leningrad during WWII, a British journalist (Sorvino) is trapped in the city with only the help of a policewoman (Sutulova) to keep her safe.

It really was very good. The war scenes were very reminiscent of the German film, Stalingrad, and the acting throughout was excellent.

It's just been released as a rental DVD, I highly recommend it.
"There's an old saying in Tennessee, I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee, that says, fool me once, shame on... shame on you. Fool me... you can't get fooled again." - Oscar Wilde
Dr Pie

Post by Dr Pie »

Yesterday I watched "Nowhere Boy." I think it was its last day at the Nova and it has already gone off at most other Melbourne movie theatres. I liked it, although it was really much more a film about John Lennon's adolescence than the start of the Beatles.

In some ways it helps explain his later relationship with Yoko Ono. On the one hand he was raised by a very strong woman (his aunt, Mimi Smith) on the other hand he was both rejected and sought after by his mother (Julia). His whole relationship with Julia would have been really disorienting. It is no wonder that he ended up with a strong (and strange) woman seven years older than he was.
Born and raised in Black and White
OEP

Post by OEP »

Watched "The Thin Red Line" on TV the other night and while it's still to long I was better able to appreciate the tone and message of the movie now that I'm a little more muture than I was the first time I watched it.
A Collingwood supporter since the egg was inseminated.
mandy

Post by mandy »

Saw Valentine's Day last night. It was ok. Poor mans Love Actually.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
David

Post by David »

OEP wrote:Watched "The Thin Red Line" on TV the other night and while it's still to long I was better able to appreciate the tone and message of the movie now that I'm a little more muture than I was the first time I watched it.
That's a very good film, and this is coming from someone who doesn't really like war movies.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange

Post by 5150 »

Saw the Hurt Locker - Rubbish. 2 hours and 7 minutes I will not get back

****MOVIE SPOILER ALERT****

On the cover it stars Ralph Fiennes, Guy Pearce and then list 6 others.

Guy gets blown up in the within first 5 minutes! More like an extra.
HAL

Post by HAL »

You want more?
David

Post by David »

5150 wrote:Saw the Hurt Locker - Rubbish. 2 hours and 7 minutes I will not get back

****MOVIE SPOILER ALERT****

On the cover it stars Ralph Fiennes, Guy Pearce and then list 6 others.

Guy gets blown up in the within first 5 minutes! More like an extra.
What's with Guy Pearce and cameos? He appeared for about a total of 2 minutes in The Road as well. If there has been a more superfluous cameo, I can't think of it.
Dark Lord

Post by Dark Lord »

I went and saw Daybreakers today. It wasn't too bad.