What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

mandy

Post by mandy »

Saw Edge of Darkness yesterday. Didn't mind it. Happy they didn't go with a typical Hollywood ending. Mel plays a grumpy old bastard pretty well.

8/10
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
David
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by David »

Saw The Road. Mixed feelings - nice landscapes and all, but didn't really offer much new to the whole 'post-apocalyptic' genre.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Dark Lord

Post by Dark Lord »

David wrote:Saw The Road. Mixed feelings - nice landscapes and all, but didn't really offer much new to the whole 'post-apocalyptic' genre.
That is on my "to see" list. I'm looking forward to seeing Daybreakers, though.
"There's an old saying in Tennessee, I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee, that says, fool me once, shame on... shame on you. Fool me... you can't get fooled again." - Oscar Wilde
optimax

Post by optimax »

Inglorious Basterds very very good movie, tarantion back with some form
Get presti a goal please donate
OEP

Post by OEP »

optimax wrote:Inglorious Basterds very very good movie, tarantion back with some form
I must have seen a different version because the Inglorious Basterds I saw was boring as bat sh!t, which was very disappointing as I was really looking forward to seeing it.
A Collingwood supporter since the egg was inseminated.
optimax

Post by optimax »

OEP wrote:
optimax wrote:Inglorious Basterds very very good movie, tarantion back with some form
I must have seen a different version because the Inglorious Basterds I saw was boring as bat sh!t, which was very disappointing as I was really looking forward to seeing it.
Boring?

Its not as blood thirsty as some of his stuff just prior but hardly boring
Get presti a goal please donate
Dark Lord

Post by Dark Lord »

optimax wrote:
OEP wrote:
Boring?

Agreed. I'm certainly not one of those all-too-numerous sycophantic Tarantino fans, but I thought Inglorious Basterds was an excellent film.

Christoph Waltz was superb and deserves the Best Supporting Actor Oscar and the scene in the Tavern basement was electrifying.
"There's an old saying in Tennessee, I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee, that says, fool me once, shame on... shame on you. Fool me... you can't get fooled again." - Oscar Wilde
OEP

Post by OEP »

Dark Lord wrote:
optimax wrote:
OEP wrote:
Boring?

Agreed. I'm certainly not one of those all-too-numerous sycophantic Tarantino fans, but I thought Inglorious Basterds was an excellent film.

Christoph Waltz was superb and deserves the Best Supporting Actor Oscar and the scene in the Tavern basement was electrifying.
Hey I wasn't saying the acting wasn't good but by Christ he dragged out every scene. Boring, boring, boring....bring back Pulp Fiction, From Dusk Till Dawn and Reservoir Dogs. Apparently Kill Bill 3 is on the cards.
OEP

Post by OEP »

Saw Daybreakers tonight and all I can say is it won't be long before it hits the Video Store shelves. Well that may be a bit harsh but it can be hard watching at times and very enjoyable at others.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd give it a 5, maybe a 6 at a stretch.

On a brighter note saw a preview to the A-Team movie and they've got Liam Neeson as "Hannibal" and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson as "B.A." Baracus. Oh yeah "Rampage" on the big screen "whoop that ass".
Last edited by OEP on Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
rocketronnie

Post by rocketronnie »

I saw Avatar 3D tonight. I liked it.
"Only the weak believe that what they do in battle is who they are as men" - Thomas Marshall - "Ironclad".
Dark Lord

Post by Dark Lord »

OEP wrote:On a brighter note saw a preview to the A-Team movie and they've got Liam Neeson as "Hannibal" and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson as "B.A." Baracus. Oh yeah "Rampage" on the big screen "whoop that ass".
The A-Team trailer looks awesome. It also has Bradley Cooper from The Hangover as Faceman and Sharlto Copley from District 9 as Howling Mad Murdock. Apparently Dirk Benedict and Dwight Schultz will be having cameos in the film, too. I reckon it'd be funny if Schultz plays Murdock's therapist. :)
OEP

Post by OEP »

Dark Lord wrote:
OEP wrote:On a brighter note saw a preview to the A-Team movie and they've got Liam Neeson as "Hannibal" and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson as "B.A." Baracus. Oh yeah "Rampage" on the big screen "whoop that ass".
The A-Team trailer looks awesome. It also has Bradley Cooper from The Hangover as Faceman and Sharlto Copley from District 9 as Howling Mad Murdock. Apparently Dirk Benedict and Dwight Schultz will be having cameos in the film, too. I reckon it'd be funny if Schultz plays Murdock's therapist. :)
Stop it, stop it, your getting me waaaaaaaaaaaaay to excited :oops:
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Has it really?
Dr Pie

Post by Dr Pie »

mandy wrote:Saw Edge of Darkness yesterday. Didn't mind it. Happy they didn't go with a typical Hollywood ending. Mel plays a grumpy old bastard pretty well.

8/10
I saw the original miniseries in the mid eighties, with Bob Peck in the role that Mel Gibson plays in the contemporary movie. I remember it as a brilliant drama, with great acting, an intelligent script and a great soundtrack (which I think was written by Eric Clapton). I'm not sure that I could cope with an Americanised movie of such a good British series.
Born and raised in Black and White
rocketronnie

Post by rocketronnie »

Dr Pie wrote:
mandy wrote:Saw Edge of Darkness yesterday. Didn't mind it. Happy they didn't go with a typical Hollywood ending. Mel plays a grumpy old bastard pretty well.

8/10
I saw the original miniseries in the mid eighties, with Bob Peck in the role that Mel Gibson plays in the contemporary movie. I remember it as a brilliant drama, with great acting, an intelligent script and a great soundtrack (which I think was written by Eric Clapton). I'm not sure that I could cope with an Americanised movie of such a good British series.
A lot of critics panned Mel as lifeless.
"Only the weak believe that what they do in battle is who they are as men" - Thomas Marshall - "Ironclad".