Essendon have all the luck...........=[

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

I@n S

Essendon have all the luck...........=[

Post by I@n S »

Essendon are so lucky to win that game. They had blind kicks and they went to staight to their players. Talk about having all the luck. Even my Dad who doesn't follow football was saying " How lucky are they?!!" Anyway it was a great game and we played very well. Should have won though. We started droping that ball when it counted like we did all game agaist Richmond. Even Kevin said we are under rated.

Great effort Pies Image
London Dave

Post by London Dave »

Never saw the game (for obvious reasons) but an old cricket coach of mine used to say the more you practice, the luckier you get!

Keep in mind we are still a young team, and in patches (heard the first half with Nicks and ABC) we were awesome. Lonies goal must have raised the bloody roof!!! Can't wait to see it. Good wine takes time!
MagpieMark

Post by MagpieMark »

I agree with you guys, and have to get this post down before I explode with passion, dissappointment but pride.

They did have some luck but we did OK. I saw the game and tried to give commentary on the chat channel for our faithful and was getting a bit too overboard at some stages. That was becasue of the brilliance our players showed in patches, eg Lonie's goal..Anybody else think that he klooks like one of those 1920's style players with his hair and shorts ?

Essendon got at least 6 of thier goals through our mistakes, which means we lost that game rather than them winning it.

For me its heartbreaking but light at the end of the tunnel. Am I overreacting ?

BUt I wish I was at the MCG so i could scream my lungs out and cheer on our guys and tell James Tird what I think of him.

GO the Pies

MagpieMark
Mike
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Mike »

We're actually getting there. After all the seasons of disappointment, I can actually say and believe that all we need do now is polish and hone what we have. And we do have something worth polishing at last.

Look at the average age of these guys and figure out just how long we can build around this team. If Essendon were the team of all time last season, they're not going to be for very long.

Every game that Collingwood has played this year has contained moments when it looked as though we going to break and run away with it. It's only actually happened once so far, but that threat is going to become more and more a reality with every game these guys get under their belts.

The future is looking good - and I can actually say that without crossing my fingers.

Mark, your commentary was great. Don't worry about being over excited, it happens to the best.
I@n S

Post by I@n S »