Recurring shitfights

Suggestions, praise, feedback. Need to communicate with the moderators? This is the place. If you need to communicate privately with the moderators, send email to lesbastardssinistres(at)magpies.net

Moderator: bbmods

Hugor

Recurring shitfights

Post by Hugor »

I'm sure plenty of people share the same sentiments but I think this place is deteriorating with regular shitfights triggerred by the same one or two posters whenever discussing anything remotely related to 'The Jacket bearing one'.

I realise the board has been strict and issued notices/yellow cards etc but these particular posters repeatedly trigger shitfights and one in particular appears to contribute nothing else to the board but the arguements he creates in those topics. Another drags arguements from other sites in an attempt to create them in here.

Of course this would stop if people didn't respond to them, and I have also been sucked into these abuse contests on a few occasions, but surely it is much easier and appropriate to control a couple of instigators then the irate majority.

In the interests of the enjoyment of plenty on the board I hope something can be done to curb the bullshit.
Eunos

Post by Eunos »

Who do you mean?
Be more specific.

God , I'm starting to sound like Hal!

Eunos - official NBB sniper by appointment. Proudly sniping since 2001.
PM for a quote.
Joel

Post by Joel »

I'm sure you know exactly what is being talked about Eunos.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by David »

These same posters are attacked much of the time, on many occasions for no reason other than who they are.
If everyone on here treated each other with respect and had a bit of tolerance, there wouldn't be a problem.
Hugor one of my favourite cliched sayings is "It takes two to tango", or it could be said "It takes two to have a shitfight" :P If these posters annoy you, there is always the ignore function.
I am sure the mods will act if they feel it to be necessary.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

I am sure those involved have been spoken to in private about this, and have been told how close they are to being removed from the board for their attacks.
DaVe86

Post by DaVe86 »

I think we have to get over the whole that pathetic low-life wanker, MMF stuff. Just because someone does not share your views does not mean they are a troll. Perhaps some of us could be more accepting...and if we do not agree with someone...instead of causing a fight we can chose not to reply to them.

It seems some of us wait for certain people to speak...then jump down there throats. Just do not reply if you do not like the person. It would save everyone a headache
There's more to life than footy.........just not much more.
Hugor

Post by Hugor »

Wasn't talking about the that pathetic low-life wanker, MMF, aceofstace, ?Robert Walls stuff. I find these guys quite funny. I was referring to the kind of stuff going on in Joffas Vic park thread for example. Deliberate attempts to trash a thread by attacking posters without even attempting to discuss the topic. Differences of opinion on topics are what we are all here for otherwise we may as well just read our own posts.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

I think we have to get over the whole that pathetic low-life wanker, MMF stuff. Just because someone does not share your views does not mean they are a troll.
Whoever it is, it can get pretty damn annoying, with derailled threads, pointless stuff etc...

I know what you mean, Dave, but we're all here for genuine Collingwood/AFL discussion.