sent private messages not appearing

Suggestions, praise, feedback. Need to communicate with the moderators? This is the place. If you need to communicate privately with the moderators, send email to lesbastardssinistres(at)magpies.net

Moderator: bbmods

Proud Pies

sent private messages not appearing

Post by Proud Pies »

I'm having problems in that private messages that I'm sending are not leaving a copy in my sent box. This isn't full by any means so it can't be that. I have no idea if people I'm harrassing.....oops, i mean sending private messages to, are receiving them.
Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond
sam.

Post by sam. »

A while ago, my sent messages didn't come up for a few days, but I knew people were getting them because they were replying.
Sam
"I've had enough of having nothing, I won't take just anything. I got my mind set on something, all I want is everything. All I want is everything."
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

Thanks Sam :)
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

No, Proud Pies, I am not getting them, maybe you should try again? ;)
Mike
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Mike »

Messages will not appear in your Sentbox until they are opened by the person who you sent them to. It follows then that you can be sure that someone has read, or at least has seen, a message that you have sent if it is in your Sentbox. In the interim the message stays in the Outbox, which is not normally visible.

You can look in your Outbox by following this link:

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/privmsg. ... der=outbox

Remember though: if a message is in the Outbox it has not yet been seen by the person that you sent it to. The reason that the Outbox is not normally accessible is that if you delete a message from the Outbox it will also be deleted from the Inbox of the person who you sent it to and they will never see it - but if they have email notification turned on they will have been notified that a message has been sent. It is an undocumented way of changing your mind about sending the message, but was used in an abusive manner in the long distant past and consequently the link to the Outbox was removed.
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

thanks for that Mike :)
Hugor

Post by Hugor »

I got your PM the other day re streaming stuff and replied. If you didn't get a reply there might be a problem.