Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 106 times

Post by Pies2016 »

^^^
Lazz, while I love the trade and draft period as much as anyone, I think it’s nothing more than speculation for those on the outside looking in. What we do know is that we don’t have much trade capital ( unless they tweak the rules prior and that could yet happen ) The pending retirements of Sidey, Pendles and Mitchell worry me, so I’m hoping there’s a focus on bringing in a quality clearance midfielder. Keep in mind, there’s a big difference between playing in and around the middle of the ground and a clearance midfielder. I think we will put some energy into that space but how it will all play out, is anyones guess. Anyway, all good things comes to those who wait.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by piedys »

Take_a_Screamer wrote:Trade Rumours (18th June 2024)...

Tom Barass (4/10) - Magpies keen on him but need first round pick.
Pretty sure he's an UFA; shouldn't cost us ANY pick...
If he's under contract, then don't bother.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Jezza
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Jezza »

^ Contracted until the end of 2027.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Presti35
Has liked: 226 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by Presti35 »

Players Rumoured To Be Disgruntled/Discontent/Unhappy and Wanting to Move Clubs:

Petracca. He once said he wants to play for Collingwood before he retires. Then he signed a massive deal with Melbourne. Which runs to the end of 2029 at $900,000 to $1 million per season. He will be 29 when next season kicks off. Simply, a deal cannot be done for that contract. Especially for a player that may struggle to regain his fitness at his age. If he were out of contract then it would be a possibility.

Sam Draper. He is contracted until the end of 2025, so a deal would have to be stuck. That won't happen with Dodo in charge as he'll simply waste everyones time. I could think of worse replacements for Cox, but simply dont have the time to waste with Dodo who'll want Daicos brothers, Hill, 2 first round picks, a second rounder, Quaynor, a future first in return... and he may add a 4th rounder with Draper as a sweetener.

Luke Parker. I'm not sure we really want to go there. Would have to be a trade with a year to go on his contract and Sydney is another club that are difficult. Funny that Adams has taken his spot in this team and now Parker wants out... and to Collingwood? :lol: At 32, I think nothing will happen here and he'll be playing Swans VFL for the majority of next year.

Bontempelli. Yes there were suggestions about 3 weeks ago that he was unhappy at the kennel. Would be hella interesting if he was a free agent this year, but thats another 12 months away. Turns 29 in November, but is one of the best players in the comp. A trade would be impossible for us to make, but could you imagine him in the black and white!!

Tex Walker. TBH, I thought the ship sailed on this a few years back. And even then, people thought I was crazy for suggesting it. His AA season in 2023 can't be overlooked, but his 2024 season has been poor. Turns 35 on Anzac Day next year. We have been screaming for a key forward, but I'd prefer to find someone that can offer more than just a 1 season cameo in the hope they snatch a flag. Something to think about if there is absolutely no other option. And at least the contract would be low.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

When you put it like that Presti35 it's less than attractive for anyone on that list. Think we've found better value through the likes of Sullivan already. We were happy to offload Adams so unsure the scenario why we'd want Parker whilst we still have to wean off Sidey, Pendles, WHE, Titch, Cox, Checkers and Crisp over the next few years.

I wouldn't say no to Petracca or Bontempelli in FA although Petracca unlikely to get there. The Bont was high on Hyne's draft list until the dogs pounced. It's amazing the number of MVPs who don't get taken No.1.

With little left in the FA tank I wonder if we will dabble in the FA and RFA market at all now. We have no trade capital that I can see to trade for any real value other than cash if Wrighty starts clearing the Vet decks and forces retirements. Maybe we can buy an early draft pick with salary dump but that's about it as far as I can see.

Will wonder what wizardry FlyWrightHyne have planned but think this could be a quite FA and trade period and we might top up with a DFA or SSP again.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Some here had interest in Ned Moyle, he has just signed on at the Suns.

Yeo has also signed on at WCE, who some had circled as a possible mature aged recruit.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Geez, I've heard Tex is a real chance of happening. Few years too late I reckon.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

^^^^

Two years too late. I would be gobsmacked if it happened. I’m sure that there’d be more suitable options we could be interested in.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Presti35 wrote:Players Rumoured To Be Disgruntled/Discontent/Unhappy and Wanting to Move Clubs:

Petracca.

Draper.

Parker.

Bontempelli.

Walker.
Petracca: Has come out of this injury looking and sounding like a bit of a sook.

Draper: Won't happen. Goldstein is a 1 - 2 year prospect.

Parker: Only if he was effectively given away.

Bont: Real captains don't change teams. I'm looking at YOU Judd.

Walker: No...he's cooked.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Big T »

May as well bring back the Q stick
Buon Giorno
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Bulldogs are ahead of us for Barass...

West Coast’s Tom Barrass “open to considering” trade to rival club: AFL Trade news.
https://www.zerohanger.com/west-coasts- ... ws-152333/
-----------------------------

The push for Bailey Smith’s signature turns into three-horse race as “wildcard” emerges: AFL Trade news.

“I think it's less likely to be Collingwood now than it is Geelong. Hawthorn can get a deal done. Can Collingwood get a deal done? That's the question mark.”
https://www.zerohanger.com/the-push-for ... ws-152332/
Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

Not too fussed what happens this year as long as we get LDU - or someone as good - next year.
kill for collingwood!
Raw Hammer
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

Priorities:
Zurhaar
Logan McDonald
Barrass
Est. 2002
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 203 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Honestly can't see how we get any decent trade deals done. No draft pick capital and the club clearly knows McGuane's 2025 value now so can't waste 2025 picks either.

Allen, Macrae, Cox, Mitchell, Johnson, Noble, Markov are all players with little value, especially with the forecast pick point changes.

As far as I can tell, and I don't want this to happen, the only way we're creating draft capital is by trading out established players from interstate like Hill, Harrison, McCreery, Cameron. Again I don't want any of this to happen but someone more ruthless might say trade one of these, sign Stengle as a FA, and use the trade picks in a deal for Smith or Barrass. No idea why we'd need Barrass so Smith is the only real option. Would you trade out Hill, Harrison, McCreery or Cameron to get Stengle and Smith in?

Buying a pick through a salary dump is the only other option.

If we have Vets retiring and can lure Stengle as a FA, I'd rather add Stengle to our list than sacrifice one of the bods above
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Take_a_Screamer
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.