Post Match. Pies win another thriller. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

mightypies90
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Re: "misery loves company"

Post by mightypies90 »

LaurieHolden wrote:Misery loves company. Just read through some of this drivel. I hope the players never get to read this. Trolling our own is like throwing rocks at your own windows.
These are the guys I got banned for, they are still on this site.

I was at the game our setup was wrong in the first half, this is why we were off. Frampton back, Howe forward and Reef on changed the structure. Why we didn’t start this way is beyond me. Jiath should have been the sub.
The artist formerly known as schuey7.
mightypies90

Post by mightypies90 »

Culprit wrote:Good teams win ugly and that's as ugly as it gets. Take the 4 points and have a break,

Our structure in the first half killed us. The setup was terrible.
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by shawthing »

Pies2016 wrote:
Because all players trying their best, deserve more respect. You and others post like youve never made a blue in all your collective lives. You rip into your own for trying their best because they simply don’t meet your own perfect expectations every minute of the game. That same injury ravaged team you and others love to abuse has only lost one of its last 11 games, including a great win against the Dees last week. The reigning premiers deserve so much better than the abuse and vitriol handed out in the game day thread.
You should hear Manchester United fans. Try The United Stand on YouTube. And you think some Pies fans are bad?!
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Strange game...strange set up as mentioned above...take the 4 points and enjoy the fortnight off...hopefully the players do too
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

lihei wrote:
GreekLunatic wrote:LOL at the North fans all 12 of them blaming the umps. Great win now onto the bye freshen up and get players back
12? You exaggerate!
They must have bigger telephone booths these days
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 200 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Haff wrote:
The Black and White Lion wrote:Just wanted to point out the correlation between our last quarter surge, Phillips being subbed out, Naicos scoring the first point of the last and Jaiden Stephenson being subbed into the game. This happened
Such a Howler from them. Almost like it was round 23 and they tanked
Whilst I don't think they were tanking, it's interesting to consider if the change in play was deliberate. Same thing happened between Norf against Eagles last week where the Roos lost all their structure and only came alive again when the Eagles hit the front. LDU didn't win a mid contest in the last until the Pies hit the front. How inappropriate would it have been if Teakle's goal sealed it for the Roos.

But the point is it's like the Norf Coaches are trying to teach the Roos to hold and win. Or maybe its just youth and fitness over 4 quarters. Anyway who cares.

Sidey's intercept at HF pocket and across the body kick to Bobby Hill's flying cartwheel mark and set shot goal yet another last quarter highlight.

Pies WON! 3 x MOTY contenders Hill Hill and Krueger.

Just watched the last quarter again. Going to have to trade Naicos into the votes afterall. Apols Crispy.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
stoliboy
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

Opposition supporters really upset about the Pies win. Whinging about:
- 50 metre penalty not paid at the end
- Touched goal that was paid as a goal earlier in the match
- Also we won the free kick count 14-24 :-D
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
DT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by DT »

What a win!

I never read the match day thread as I watch the game but as long as folks are not racist or hateful they should be allowed to barrack the way they want to.

I think McRae has been a great coach and has encouraged all of us to be better supporters so I try to be more positive now than I used to be.

Well done Bruzzy, what an effort to play the past two matches after what happened. Quality.
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Umpires won us the game today.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 59 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
doriswilgus
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

What'sinaname wrote:Umpires won us the game today.
Well,don’t sound so unhappy about it,
mightypies90

Post by mightypies90 »

Good, they’ve cost us a lot more.
doriswilgus
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

mightypies90 wrote:
Good, they’ve cost us a lot more.
Exactly.Even a couple of grand finals.
stui magpie
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by stui magpie »

shawthing wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Because all players trying their best, deserve more respect. You and others post like youve never made a blue in all your collective lives. You rip into your own for trying their best because they simply don’t meet your own perfect expectations every minute of the game. That same injury ravaged team you and others love to abuse has only lost one of its last 11 games, including a great win against the Dees last week. The reigning premiers deserve so much better than the abuse and vitriol handed out in the game day thread.
You should hear Manchester United fans. Try The United Stand on YouTube. And you think some Pies fans are bad?!
Only a few, like you, post poisonous, vitriolic drivel when we aren't playing well. I couldn't give a flying fvck what Manchester United "fans" do, it's a tip of a sport and they're Poms, enough said.

I don't understand how you can actually watch the game when all you seem to do is wait for opportunities to character assassinate everyone involved in the club. You need a good hard look in the mirror.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
What'sinaname
Been liked: 20 times

Post by What'sinaname »

doriswilgus wrote:
Well,don’t sound so unhappy about it,
Fighting against the objectification of woman.