Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Sofronidis hasn't played VFL since Round 2.

Second week of April he was listed as out with a foot injury for 5 weeks.
No reports since then on his injury status but depending on the injury and rehab he should be due to come back around now.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

I am not fussed on Lobb... we could use him right now but if everyone was fit... does he offer more that Reef?

Anyway... I do remember his 2022 year. The year Fremantle finished just below us in the Top 8 at 5

36.24 Goals,
156 Hit Outs,
92 Marks,
49 Marks inside 50,

(Schultz kicked 30 goals btw)
Last edited by Magpie Russ on Mon May 27, 2024 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Culprit
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Culprit »

^^Lobb would slot into the team very easily, Cox isn't getting any younger. The issue with him is consistency, his good games are very few. He's contracted and we would have to deal, I can't see them taking a 3rd rounder for him.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

It reads to me (with absolutely no evidence to back this up) that he's unhappy at not getting a game and the Dogs have told him that they'll help him on his way.
Culprit
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Culprit »

It reads to me (with absolutely no evidence to back this up) that he's unhappy at not getting a game and the Dogs have told him that they'll help him on his way.
I'd take him with them paying part of his salary and a 3rd rounder. :)
Presti35
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Presti35 »

I just dont want Lobb
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Presti35
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Presti35 »

I know it's likely he wants to get to GWS, but if we are seriously going to look at Lobb, why not look at Elliott Himmelberg?

Cox isn't getting any younger, true. But Lobb is going to be 32 when round 1 comes around. It's just not a good choice in my view. He can't be that serious about football and he cant be that good of a guy if he's asked out of 3 clubs.

Himmelberg is 25. He's 200cm tall. And is at least playing AFL football in 2023.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by piffdog »

Remember we are moving more towards trading involving salary moves too. We might make some trades for which we appear to get stiffed in the trade capital, but potentially get benefits from a salary perspective. Likewise we pay overs for someone but the other club agree to wear some of the cap.

Was it Bose who came with pick #7, but the Cats had to wear a big salary too.

Makes it harder to assess the merits of a deal.

Also possible that we get stiffed on the trade and the salary in future too… :)
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

Boot wrote:Rory Lobb is a dud player who teases clubs with his 207 cm frame but has no real heart for the game. ...
Is he really 207cm?? :?: :shock:
That'd surprise me, unless he's wearing his wife's high heels.
Cam
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

I'd take Lobb. His best is good and McCrae, Leppa et al have got the best out of Frampo, Markov, Noble, Hoskin. Worth a shot and more reliable than Kruegsss and more grunt that Ash.
Get back on top.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

K wrote:
Boot wrote:Rory Lobb is a dud player who teases clubs with his 207 cm frame but has no real heart for the game. ...
Is he really 207cm?? :?: :shock:
That'd surprise me, unless he's wearing his wife's high heels.
The Western Bulldogs list him at 207cm. AFL Tables reports his height as 206 cm. The AFL website lists him as 207 cm.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Is this the thread for mid season draft talk? We need a ready made player now. The way our injuries are going, a draftee could be in our team straight away.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 109 times

Post by Pies2016 »

^^^
I’d just question the intelligence of anyone around 206 / 207 cm who thought it was a good idea to go a club that already had the all Australian ruck man ( English ) and key forwards in Naughton, Ugle-Hagen and Sam Darcy in the same team.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Cox will be 34 in March. After the weekend's battering, I reckon he is smart enough to make this season his last.
Kreuger and AJ clearly not preferred.
Checkers 31, McStay 28
Lobb 31, not in my dreams, but we do need a ready to play 'genuine' tall forward on the books.

We will then have ~2-3 years to find the next gen.

BTW, I sense an interest in long shot Saad El-Hawli , probably nothing.
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

Pies2016 wrote:^^^
I’d just question the intelligence of anyone around 206 / 207 cm who thought it was a good idea to go a club that already had the all Australian ruck man ( English ) and key forwards in Naughton, Ugle-Hagen and Sam Darcy in the same team.
The crazy thing is that Footscray traded for Lobb knowing that they had aughton, Ugle-Hagen and Sam Darcy as well as Croft as another young key position player. They actually outbid St.Kilda by increasing their initial offer from a 3 year contract to a 4 year deal. One of the craziest trade deals I can recall. Again I think Rory Lobb is not someone we need at Collingwood. Better to invest in anyone of a number of young talls who would have loads more potential than Lobb. ( Hope he doesn't have a blinder on Friday night against us now that I have bagged him :roll: )
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!