Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Said by Zed wrote:For mine I’d be looking to fortify our defence with relatively cheap gettables such as Josh Battle, ...
Today mentioned by Gettable as a Collingwood fit...

15:90 in video
https://www.afl.com.au/video/1125053/ge ... 5128423001
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Presti35
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Presti35 »

Lobb is such a weird guy to be linked to.
I mean he'll be 32 at round 1 next year. He's never been a premium player. A part from 2022, he's never kicked more than 30 goals a season. What does he provide?
Is he in our best 22? I'd say no. There has to be a younger/better option.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

Presti35 wrote:Lobb is such a weird guy to be linked to.

... What does he provide?
Tik Tok content.

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
Said by Zed wrote:For mine I’d be looking to fortify our defence with relatively cheap gettables such as Josh Battle, ...
Today mentioned by Gettable as a Collingwood fit...

15:90 in video
https://www.afl.com.au/video/1125053/ge ... lure-saint
Also mentioned Tom Highmore, 192cm former StK intercept defender, as possible Murphy replacement.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Sam Draper.
Is he going to be an available player?
205cm, 25yo ruckman. South Australian, so Port/Crows could ask the question. Has played only 63 games so far. With Coxy coming to the end, he'd be one heck of a replacement.
Last edited by Presti35 on Tue May 14, 2024 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stinger

Post by Stinger »

stui magpie wrote:^

Lobb has almost identical career stats as Cox does, the only advantage there is he's 2 years younger.

I'd considered Lobb previously but now I'd rather keep Cox for another year or 2 and either develop or buy a new young ruck forward.

Lobb would be a perfect fit at Melbourne.
Plus he's the biggest downhill skier going around. Looks a million dollars when the team is winning but never puts his body on the line or has repeat efforts when the chips are down. Melbourne can have him!
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

How smart/dumb is this idea?
Dustin Martin.
He feels burnt out at Richmond and is out of form. Will be 33 next month and will play his 300th game in 4 games time. Averaging 20 disposals and has kicked 4 goals from seven games in 2024. And is an unrestricted free agent.
Has he still got something to offer a team in the premiership window? Or has his time come? (Or will a move to the Suns be on the cards?).
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 68 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

He seems beyond it to me and is just being paid out his cash dues without the stress or pressure of finals.
If he wants out and another shot at a premiership medal he surely would have walked last year after the Dimma departure.
And if he decides to move this year, not sure we need another veteran list blocking the few younger players on our list
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Said by Zed
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Said by Zed »

Presti35 wrote:How smart/dumb is this idea?
Dustin Martin.
Yeah, nah….great Richmond player but will never be a Pie (if that’s what you were insinuating).
Would be ideal for Cold Toast though…almost happened a few seasons ago when AFL really wanted him to go there and bank rolled a seriously big $$$ offer….Hardwick nipped that in the bud quick smart until he finally got the job and then has been in Dusty’s ear ever since (sneaky pr!ck that Hardwick). He’s working hard putting the band back together with key mature Tigs players going over starting with Rioli and Dusty, and surely more to follow.
Good place to go really…a freshen up, good emerging list, nice weather, big $$$, and a possible history making Premiership swan song. Good luck to him!
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by piffdog »

Does someone else have the time/inclination to listen to "Gettable" on the AFL website and tell me what they're saying about the Pies trade moves?
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Take_a_Screamer

on "Gettable", where Collingwood was mentioned...

@4:20 Pies "secret lure" - The "recruiting chip" for next decade. Players will want to play alongside Nick Daicos.

@22.10 Ned Moyle (Suns) is gettable, may interest Collingwood

https://www.afl.com.au/video/1130440/ge ... 5732411001
Ash Johnson...you beauty
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

piffdog wrote:Does someone else have the time/inclination to listen to "Gettable" on the AFL website and tell me what they're saying about the Pies trade moves?
They have a segment at the end of their program where listeners get to 'ask the question'. Discussion understandably revolves around replacing the veterans and that we have ample cap space.
They've been regularly suggesting we're looking for a Ruckman, they discussed our 'secret weapon' in trade negotiations is luring out-of-contract players with the prospect of playing alongside a generational player in Nick Daicos for the next decade.

A good deal what they're discussing relates to players that are coming off contract in 2025 (WB Davies-Uniacke, GWS Sam Taylor).
As for 2024 contracts, there's been quite a few possibles thrown up over the past few weeks, but no-one that several Clubs would also be asking the question regarding (e.g. BNE Hugh McCluggage, SYD Will Hayward).
They're still suggesting we're still right in the hunt for Bailey Smith, but not having a 1st round pick currency to bring to the table unless we delve into a future 1st.
Unsigned St. Kilda backman Josh Battle was put forward as a possibility to replace Murphy.
193cm / 90kg ex- St. Kilda 2020 National Draft pick #45 now Port Melbourne player Tom Highmore was put forward as another mature age MSD possibility to replace Murphy as an intercept defender.
There has been no discussion re any of our players attracting attention, although Joe Richards is coming off contract this year and is fielding a few enquiries.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by piffdog »

^ TY LH.
I can read faster than I can listen...
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Gettable shits me. They rabble on for too long.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Presti35 wrote:Gettable shits me. They rabble on for too long.
Listen to Tradies with Sam "forehead" McClure and Mitch Cleary for the first 7 minutes and you'll hear McClure whinge about being voted the "smuggest journo" in AFL. Now that shits me.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Take_a_Screamer

Presti35 wrote:Gettable shits me. They rabble on for too long.
I never listen to all of it...
Divide the video in units of skips. Then skip across quickly. It wont be long before you find some good stuff.

Bit like checking the chapters in a book rather than reading from cover to cover :D
Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Wed May 15, 2024 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ash Johnson...you beauty