Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

LaurieHolden wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:You read his original draft bio, and he clearly is one that could have been anything.
https://central.rookieme.com/afl/player/aiden-bonar-2/
SSP/Rookie spot at best. If endurance, consistency and injuries including 2 knee recos are a problem, then it could be a pass. Looks like he doesnt like to tackle either.
Would add a lot of experience to our rehab group.
If that's 2 total, then that's nothing more since he was originally drafted by GWS.

He had a reco as a schoolkid. The surgeon butchered it. So he got Collingwood's go-to knee surgeon (Feller) to fix it. So that's two recos for one injury.
K

Post by K »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:Tim English!

Mason will be just about done, I'd reckon
The huge offer to English is from WC. (He's from WA.)

The Black and White Lion wrote:Was interesting listening to Wrighty talk about Lachie Schultz on trade radio on Monday arvo. He said the pies were looking at Schultz during the year as a free agent from the 2024 and 2025 years and rated Schultz as one of the best if not the best candidates of that list.

Sean Darcy could be a big target for many clubs...)
Cal Twomey reckons Schultz is the best player to have changed clubs this trade period. Hope he's right.

Geebung were rumoured to have made a 5-year offer to Darcy. But sounds like he and Freo are bullish about the Darcy/Jackson combo working.

Media's take on the trade period was that there were "no gamechangers" (Niall). Riley B and Twomey noted that 29 of the 34 players traded had played VFL this year. So 29 who are not stars.
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

K wrote: Cal Twomey reckons Schultz is the best player to have changed clubs this trade period. Hope he's right.
I can't afford him in SC, our superstar Bobby Hill costs $420K, Jamie is our most expensive forward at $576K but Sarge costs $729K.

It's more than De Goey $693K Mitchell $677K Sidey $644K Maynard $683k or Moore $531K. Must have had some season. :shock:
Flagpies
K

Post by K »

What is the attraction of SC? Do you win real money? :?:

If the idea is to load up on players who bombed this year but will get a lotta stats next year, I guess you've got Grundy in there, right? As one Nickster told me, he's great for fantasy footy, but terrible for real footy.
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

K wrote:What is the attraction of SC? Do you win real money? :?:
I doubt anyone plays it like me, I only use Collingwood players or potential recruits, I don't understand why I never win, my side is better than anyone else's, it just won the flag. :lol:
Flagpies
K

Post by K »

Well, at least expand your pool to include ex-Collingwood players!!

Tay may get a stats boost too.
K

Post by K »

Kingsofclutch wrote:Jack Peris has a lot of scope, son of an Olympian ...
Like Markov! :!:
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

K wrote:Well, at least expand your pool to include ex-Collingwood players!!

Tay may get a stats boost too.
Can't fit him in, had to drop Johnson from emergencies just to get Sarge in.
Flagpies
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 53 times

Post by warburton lad »

Emerson Jeka- 198cms and 92kgs has allegedly done a medical with Collingwood - he is a 22 year old who was let go by Hawthorn because they felt he was not developing at the required rate- I would back our development coaches to do better. A very handy potential swingman who has pace.

Jacob Edwards- 203cms and 94kgs was delisted by North Melbourne- is only 20 years old and may be a useful project player to develop as a tall forward or ruck option.

Aiden Bonar- 190cms and 90kgs is 24 year old. has been on the GWS and North Melb lists. Has had a rough run with injury but has rarely been played as an inside mid because a) the GWS mids were awesome and b) North Melbourne needed his strength in the back half to play on the bigger bodies.

Anthony Munkara- 186cms and 77kgs is a 19 year old delisted by Essendon. The Tiwi Island man has enormous upside and may benefit by being in a decent system- has an incredible leap.

Scott Lycett- 203cms and 102kgs. An interesting option. Has been pushed out at Port Adelaide and is considering retirement aged 31. The appeal is that he is a tough competitor who may benefit from a change of environment. He would need to be given an extended and modified pre-season to absolutely get him into peak condition to support the Cox/Cameron duo. The capacity to rest one of the other two lads during the season, but maintain the two-ruck structure McCrae seems to favour would be appealing. In the meanwhile, Lycett would be a good role model for Steene and Begg to learn the caper from.

Rhys Mathieson will turn 27 before next season- 186cms and 86kgs he has the interesting nickname 'Beast Mode'. Could he be the inside-mid depth that may be useful in the wetter months of 2024??

Lochie O'Brien, 24 year old- delisted by Carlton. 184cm and 82kgs midfielder/forward. Had a very fine year in 2022- would be great to get him just to piss Carlton off if he was able to produce football that saw him selected in the first round of the 2017 draft.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
Presti35
Has liked: 236 times
Been liked: 104 times

Post by Presti35 »

Scott Lycett is considering retirement despite interest from more than 1 Victorian club.

Thats interesting. Injuries got him? Heart not in it? Still, I'd like to find someone that can ruck if needed. Lycett fits the bill. Just for 1 year. Then it's operation Tim English and Todd Marshall who are both free agents this time next year.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

warburton lad wrote:Anthony Munkara- 186cms and 77kgs is a 19 year old delisted by Essendon. The Tiwi Island man has enormous upside and may benefit by being in a decent system- has an incredible leap.
Only 1 year on the Dons rookie list after much hype. From what I know, he wants to go home, so I dont think we'll see him at an AFL club again.
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

I trust our team to be the right option and I am confident it won't be Rhys Mathieson.
kill for collingwood!
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

Flagpies
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 68 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/10/22/ ... to-re-sign

Wouldn’t be a turn up if the pies nabbed 2024 free agent Jack Henry from the cats
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Although another whole year away, Ralphy has come out and said Bailey Smith is an 80% chance to leave the Dogs.

Tim English, Logan McDonad, Tom Stewart, Hugh McCluggage, Andy McGrath, Errol Gulden, Sean Darcy, Zak Butters, Connor Rozee, Cam Zurhaar, Jack Graham, Dion Prestia, Tarryn Thomas, Changkuoth Jiath, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, and Harrison Petty were the other players he listed in his article as out of contract stars next year.

There's a few names there that'd slide in nicely into the team.