Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

It was rumored before the Shultz deal was done that Collingwood was interested in Jack Billings from StKilda. Now that the Schultz deal is done I wonder if there is still any interest in getting Billings over from StKilda who I believe are keen to offload Billings?
Personally, I don't see much of an attraction of Billings for Collingwood. He was pick 3 in the national draft, taken before Bontempelli who went at pick 5, but has struggled to impact AFL games due to lack of pace for his size despite neat skills. I would think the likes of Macrae, Allan, McInnes and Carmichael would be ahead of Jack Billings for a spot in our best AFL team selection pecking order.
Interestingly another former pick 3 in the national draft, Patrick Dow from Carlton is likely to finish up at StKilda during this trading period on a 3 year deal. Hard to see how those two former pick 3's will help StKilda rise any higher on the AFL ladder next year.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Apparently it's on again. Ginnivan up for trade reported by Sam Edmund on Trade Radio.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
jonmac1954
Been liked: 20 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Apparently Hawks are interviewing Ginni this arvo.
Presti35
Has liked: 236 times
Been liked: 104 times

Post by Presti35 »

Boot wrote:Now that the Schultz deal is done I wonder if there is still any interest in getting Billings over from StKilda who I believe are keen to offload Billings?
Have heard that Collingwood have walked away from any deal for Billings. He wont be a Pie.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

I'm annoyed about this last minute request from Ginnivan to go to Hawthorn, who would see him as a ready made replacement for their aging Luke Breust.
1. It's annoying that Ginnivan isn't strong enough to try and battle it out for a spot in the Collingwood team.
2. It's annoying that Ginnivan has the potential to be a long term replacement of the aging Jamie Elliot.
3. It's annoying that Hawthorn think they can get a 3rd year player, who is a proven goal kicker, premiership team member for anything less than a first round pick.
4. Pay up Whorethorn, or get @#$%.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
BazBoy
Been liked: 38 times

Post by BazBoy »

Is this real news or “let’s print something about Collingwood “
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

Nobody seems to like Dougal Howard but he ran at 89% disposal efficiency across 18 games this year, with Howe 33 and Murphy under a cloud he'd be nice and cheap and only 27 years old.
Flagpies
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

What are the chances Ratugolea and Zerk-Thatcher walk to the draft? Would we think about taking one if available at our first pick?

Before you discard the idea think about this; what a slap in the face to Geelong/Essendon and Port... :lol:
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

K wrote:How about... Gunston??!! :?: :shock:

Wants to return to Vic. Hawks not interested... We need to buy a forward line.

He's 32. Costs $500k a year. Would need Pies to trade with biggest rival...

Is there any way this isn't totally crazy?? :lol:
Will not get back to Hawthorn. Hawks don't seem to be interested. Is he cooked? We were fully into him when he was 29. Now at 32, does he fill the FF gap for a year? I'd offer a very late pick. If Lions want him gone and he wants back to Victoria, they'll take it.

But again... is he cooked?
Newelly
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Newelly »

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1054751

Nothing much new there though
Chuffed to have seen 3 flag wins in my lifetime but still greedy for more.
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

burnsy17 wrote:There’ll be a spot for him.

Someone was off to the races last week….. might be off the list in the next week or so.
This aged spectacularly well, if I do say so myself.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Newelly
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Newelly »

Kingsofclutch wrote:Nobody seems to like Dougal Howard but he ran at 89% disposal efficiency across 18 games this year, with Howe 33 and Murphy under a cloud he'd be nice and cheap and only 27 years old.
hmm that might work https://www.saints.com.au/players/999/dougal-howard
Chuffed to have seen 3 flag wins in my lifetime but still greedy for more.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

It's no ordinary day of trade period. Things work a little differently on deadline day.

Representatives from clubs will recommence discussions this morning before they all convene at Docklands Stadium this afternoon
No trades can be confirmed or announced until 3pm AEDT
A member from each club's list management team will front the media throughout the afternoon
The trade period officially ends at 7.30pm AEDT. All paperwork must be lodged with the AFL by that time for a deal to be ratified.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Looks like Billings has no takers. Saints willing to pay part of his contract.
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 29 times

Post by think better »

LaurieHolden wrote:It's no ordinary day of trade period. Things work a little differently on deadline day.

Representatives from clubs will recommence discussions this morning before they all convene at Docklands Stadium this afternoon
No trades can be confirmed or announced until 3pm AEDT
A member from each club's list management team will front the media throughout the afternoon
The trade period officially ends at 7.30pm AEDT. All paperwork must be lodged with the AFL by that time for a deal to be ratified.

From the AFL site today "The AFL will bring the Deadline Day trade window forward by an hour to 2pm AEDT""
I think therefore I think - I think