Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

Lachie Schultz
https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players ... hultz.html

Born:30-Nov-1997 (Debut:21y 114d Last:25y 269d)

Height:178 cm Weight:78 kg
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

I find it bemusing how Jamie Elliott is regularly referred to as a ‘small’ forward by Collingwood people. he’s a short-arse but he ain’t no small forward. He’s not a crumber, he’s a lead up, marking forward, I.e. he plays tall. He’s a totally different style of player to Ginnivan, Hill, McReery etc.. He’s a giant in my eyes
Last edited by Damien on Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

Paul Hasleby has stated Fremantle Dockers will definitely trade Lachie Schultz, they are sympathetic to him moving back for family reasons.
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by piffdog »

LaurieHolden wrote:The Pies love Schultz because he can adhere to structure and also kick goals. Ginnivan is still learning the ropes with the Pies structure. He will clearly be available to rivals if interested given he's behind Elliott, Hill, McCreery, likely Schultz
"Fremantle will be telling Collingwood that the deal for Lachie Schultz needs to be a first round draft pick and it isn't that, it can't be done."

- Mark Duffield on the Pies-Schultz deal
It’s just a shame Duffield is half a journo… He has delivered some tripe this year and no doubt he’s speaking to his vast audience of West Australian listeners on his platform with SEN WA.

I think Peter Bell is built in the Dodoro mould and happy enough to cut off his own nose to spite his face and so they may well hold Schultz knowing full well that he can walk next year. I think they did something similar with Lobb. If he’s such a legend why haven’t they extended his contract? I would have thought (objectively) he might be worth our pick 37 (which becomes early 40s). If they want Ginnivan, then we get Schultz and they’re #23ish. I don’t know if we would trade Ginni given the buns on seats factor - he’s young but surely not as problematic as Stephenson??
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

Pies2016 wrote:Schultz is a serious talent. Finally a small defensive forward who actually kicks goals. He will be a massive beneficiary of our quick ball movement too.
Assuming the trade goes through, our forward line has just become potent.
He won’t have made this decision overnight, so I’m inclined to think this was on the cards long before the Adams request.
ABSOLUTE gun this bloke. Will be around terrorising backlines and runs on the ball for the next 8-9 years. I reckon there's some sort of knowing that Billy Elliott may not last longer than a year. I hope not, but body language tells me he is battered, bruised and a bit damaged. Obviously if Adams goes too, it's important. Adams body is starting to fail. I reckon Beau will play more onball or wing.

Jamie Elliott - 31.
Sidebottom - 32.
Adams - 30 and off to sydney it seems.

It makes a hell of a lot of sense to get this bloke.
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!
piffdog

Post by piffdog »

Can someone fill me in on Billings? Barely sighted at Saints. Is he a bit of the Lipinski mould? 155 games, 28 years old (so older than Lipinski I think).

Maybe he could be “improved” by our coaches, but otherwise my knee-jerk reaction is “why”?

Clearly our guys know what they’re doing - hence I’m curious as to what this guy could bring to our club.
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

Elliott is safe as he plays more of the traditional full forward role. I can’t see us trading Ginni as he’s still young and I think Fly isn’t finished with him yet.

Effectively it’s Schulz in for Adams which isn’t a bad move as Lachie is a legitimate HFF/pressure forward. Can see Bobby and Beau playing more time up the wings
Pies2016
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Pies2016 »

piffdog wrote:Can someone fill me in on Billings? Barely sighted at Saints. Is he a bit of the Lipinski mould? 155 games, 28 years old (so older than Lipinski I think).

Maybe he could be “improved” by our coaches, but otherwise my knee-jerk reaction is “why”?

Clearly our guys know what they’re doing - hence I’m curious as to what this guy could bring to our club.
Former number 3 pick in the ND. He had all the talent and skill required to make it but that only gets you so far. He’s had a lot of injuries including back surgery, so maybe the body hadn’t allowed him to be the best version of himself. He wouldn’t cost us much and we’d do the Saints a favour by getting him off their books. If our medical team and sports science guys gave him the green light, you’d give it some thought. Probably best suited as a half back or half forward on our list. Plays a bit like Christian Salem ( player comparison, not position )
gurugeoff
Been liked: 4 times

Post by gurugeoff »

I have to own up to never having heard of lachie schultz
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

What'sinaname wrote:Schultz is interesting only in that who does he push out of the forward line
Ginnivan. I reckon his papers are marked and was lucky to play in the Granny.
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

Ginni was on borrowed time. To now have a 21 year old, highly marketable premiership player available to the Gold Coast, [ he'd love it ] is highly desirable, particularly if it could involve Ben King.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Dave The Man »

robevpau1 wrote:Paul Hasleby has stated Fremantle Dockers will definitely trade Lachie Schultz, they are sympathetic to him moving back for family reasons.
Source?
I am Da Man
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

They talk about Adams and Schultz about 2:30 in https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kOjSVbTye ... Z3dvb2Q%3D
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
piffdog

Post by piffdog »

Dave The Man wrote:
robevpau1 wrote:Paul Hasleby has stated Fremantle Dockers will definitely trade Lachie Schultz, they are sympathetic to him moving back for family reasons.
Source?
Thanks DTM - in my view they have a reputation for being belligerent - but maybe that’s unfair and they will deal rationally.