Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Piesnchess »

^ Nah, too old now, for full forward. Today, I have heard we are after Billings, Taranto, and this Shultz from Freo. Now Im totally confused.???!!!!
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
BazBoy
Been liked: 38 times

Post by BazBoy »

Am I right in saying that Tay is simalar in as much as he too is contracted till end 2024
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

There’ll be a spot for him.

Someone was off to the races last week….. might be off the list in the next week or so.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
BazBoy
Been liked: 38 times

Post by BazBoy »

Yep Coach thinks he’s a nellie
Cos he went to the Valley

Last edited by BazBoy on Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Piesnchess
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Piesnchess »

burnsy17 wrote:There’ll be a spot for him.

Someone was off to the races last week….. might be off the list in the next week or so.

Turn it up, utter horseshit, Jack is a premiership hero, part of our soul, get real. :o :shock:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Geek

Post by Geek »

I'd be holding on to Ginnivan. He's only 20 years old and has a stack of improvement in him, provided he does the work.

Elliott and Sidebottom will be gone soon. Schultz and Hill would fill those positions just fine. Plenty of room for Jack on the roadmap
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by piffdog »

Just to be clear - he triggered an extension, but was that at his election? Could he not exercise?

Is he a free agent? If he is then he can walk I presume but only if he’s uncontracted - hence the question about wether his contract was an option or locked.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
slangman
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by slangman »

piffdog wrote:Just to be clear - he triggered an extension, but was that at his election? Could he not exercise?

Is he a free agent? If he is then he can walk I presume but only if he’s uncontracted - hence the question about wether his contract was an option or locked.
Reported in the media that as a previously delisted player he is a free agent at the end of his contract so Freo need to weigh up whether they getting something for him now or nothing next year.
- Side By Side -
Pies2016
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Pies2016 »

LaurieHolden wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:Schultz is a serious talent. Finally a small defensive forward who actually kicks goals. He will be a massive beneficiary of our quick ball movement too.
Assuming the trade goes through, our forward line has just become potent.
He won’t have made this decision overnight, so I’m inclined to think this was on the cards long before the Adams request.
If he arrives, whom would you see as placing more pressure on, Ginni or Elliot?
I suspect an ageing Elliot, but last time I thought an ageing player was on the way out, he is now sitting on 309 games and kicked a match winning goal in a GF.
I won't be surprised if Elliott calls time though.
I think it’s a bit early to be second guessing any ins and outs for a while yet.
The coach will learn plenty about the players post flag hunger during the pre season, so those hard yards will sort the wheat from the chaff. If Schultz makes his way to Collingwood, there’s no surprises here. If players want to hold down a regular spot in our forward line, you should be starting your pre season training program right about now.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Cal Twomey |

* Schultz Linked to Collingwood @3:10
* Justin Leppitsch considering to Western Bulldogs @ 3:05
* How strong is the draft? @ 9:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOjSVbTyeuk
Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 181 times
Been liked: 177 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

The Pies love Schultz because he can adhere to structure and also kick goals. Ginnivan is still learning the ropes with the Pies structure. He will clearly be available to rivals if interested given he's behind Elliott, Hill, McCreery, likely Schultz
"Fremantle will be telling Collingwood that the deal for Lachie Schultz needs to be a first round draft pick and it isn't that, it can't be done."

- Mark Duffield on the Pies-Schultz deal
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 68 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

I don’t know if it’s a silly season clown fest on Nick’s or if a few normally intelligent posters have suddenly gone troppo
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

Piesnchess wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:There’ll be a spot for him.

Turn it up, utter horseshit, Jack is a premiership hero, part of our soul, get real. :o :shock:
Lol.

Pendlebury is part of our soul. Ginnivan is a one season wonder who can’t get a kick in a stampede….. or Moonee Valley for that matter!
Beware the swooping Magpie.
BenBronx
Been liked: 1 time

Post by BenBronx »

Piesnchess wrote:^ Nah, too old now, for full forward. Today, I have heard we are after Billings, Taranto, and this Shultz from Freo. Now Im totally confused.???!!!!
I didn't want Todd Goldstein for the very same reason. That being said we were supposedly interested in him before he chose Essendon. Tom is the same age as Todd but with a much more impressive resume.

Tom v Todd
D.O.B - 21/7/1988 v 1/7/1988
Games - 347 v 315
Goals - 781 v 157
Premierships - 3 v 0
All Australians - 5 v 1
Coleman Medals - 1 v 0
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

MAKE ME A PIE: DOCKERS FORWARD REQUESTS TRADE TO COLLINGWOOD
BY SEN 3 HOURS AGO
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/10/09/ ... llingwood/

Fremantle forward Lachie Schultz has requested a trade to Collingwood, according to SEN’s Sam Edmund.

The 25-year-old kicked 33 goals from 23 games in 2023. He has kicked 101 goals from 90 appearances overall for the Dockers.

Schultz has previously had interest from Victorian clubs and knocked back interest from Hawthorn in 2021.

The small forward finished equal-sixth in Fremantle’s best and fairest count behind only Caleb Serong, Andrew Brayshaw, Luke Ryan, Luke Jackson and Hayden Young.
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/