Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 68 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Culprit wrote:Xavier Duursma has been mentioned.
As a Collingwood fan who is not well acquainted with players from other clubs, could you please tell me what Duursma would bring to the table.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Clayton Oliver?
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

lazzadesilva wrote:
As a Collingwood fan who is not well acquainted with players from other clubs, could you please tell me what Duursma would bring to the table.
He’ll bring a name we always mispronounce and misspell.
Culprit
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 42 times

Post by Culprit »

lazzadesilva wrote:
Another young midfielder that shows plenty of potential and a change of club may be a good thing. Our midfield aren't spring chickens, he's 23.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Wow, bulldogs locking in Aaron Naughton for another 8 years!? :shock:

Imagine if he could kick? :P
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Pies2016
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Culprit wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:
Another young midfielder that shows plenty of potential and a change of club may be a good thing. Our midfield aren't spring chickens, he's 23.
Serious player. His stocks fell this year because he played most of the season injured. He shouldn’t have been out there during their finals series. He’d probably be a winger / outside mid at Collingwood and he’s good around goal. I’m sure we’re into him because he matches the profile of others we’ve been linked to this off season. His younger brother will go in the top five in this draft, so you never know about the lure of brothers playing together at the same club in years to come. Port will be active, so they will need picks for the new players they hope to bring to their club. Plenty to play out but Collingwood would be making enquiries.
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 55 times

Post by warburton lad »

Absolutely we should be in to him!!

Not sure what Port would want in return, but he certainly would add value and be a logical Sidebottom replacement in the near future..

We have 'missed' Goldstein, Doedae, Gresham and one or two others.

I would not have delisted anyone as yet, but Ruscoe is gone- would certainly have held onto him and, perhaps picked up Pick 55 from Fred or, maybe, Pick 53 from West Coast.

Just would have given us some return from a player we have invested time into.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
TRELOS

Post by TRELOS »

A mate of mine (Richmond fan) just mentioned Ivan Soldo + Pick 24 for our Pick 18 and 36. No idea if this is legit or not, he says he's not taking the p1$$.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

Culprit wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:
A good player but more a winger than an inside mid. We need inside mids more than wingers. (Missed chunk of games injured this year. Prolly affected his form when he returned too.)

Might also (in 2 years or 5 or 8 years) bring to the table his younger brother. 8) (If they're the type of bros who wanna play together. The McKay brothers are not!) But not sure if his younger brother is better!

Added: I wrote the stuff above before I saw P16's post... Seems to be saying similar things. 8)

Pies2016 wrote:...
Serious player. His stocks fell this year because he played most of the season injured. He shouldn’t have been out there during their finals series. He’d probably be a winger / outside mid at Collingwood and he’s good around goal. I’m sure we’re into him because he matches the profile of others we’ve been linked to this off season. His younger brother will go in the top five in this draft, so you never know about the lure of brothers playing together at the same club in years to come. Port will be active, so they will need picks for the new players they hope to bring to their club. Plenty to play out but Collingwood would be making enquiries.
Last edited by K on Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Rick »

Somewhat surprisingly Brodie McLaughlin from the Suns has been delisted. He’s an absolute dead eye in front of goal, coming equal first in the Frosty Miller award (leading VFL goal kicker). He could be a very handy 3rd tall forward.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by K »

The Black and White Lion wrote:...
The Kelly and Wright story post GF win was interesting. They only see the draft being more compromised over the next few years due to Norf, the northern club academies and the Tassie influx. Sounds like they have some even more unorthodox targets in mind than Goldie and Doedee. The Tom Lynch to Melbourne idea was an interesting trade. Would we take Lynch now? I think the natural targets are going to be the bulldogs and port. Port will have Georgiades returning from injury and out of contract. They have another choke and a few others might want out. Wines and Marshall were discussed on trade radio today. The bulldogs have UgleHagan, Naughton, English and Smith all out of contract next year. I reckon we could jag one of the port players and one of the dogs quartet with an attractive place to work and play.
Georgiades signed an extension. I posted about it somewhere in this thread.

(And Naughton's mega-extension landed after you posted, of course.)
Piethagoras' Theorem wrote:Wow, bulldogs locking in Aaron Naughton for another 8 years!? :shock:

Imagine if he could kick? :P
Matthew Lloyd reckons he could be a great CHB, but will never be a great CHF... 'cos of his kicking.

TRELOS wrote:A mate of mine (Richmond fan) just mentioned Ivan Soldo + Pick 24 for our Pick 18 and 36. No idea if this is legit or not, he says he's not taking the p1$$.
Aahhh... Please, no.

The talk's been all 'bout Soldo to Port. But Twomey said that's not certain: Richmond might keep him.

Presti35 wrote:...
Todd Goldstein has also chosen another club. I saw him at the GF with Brad Scott. I find it strange that he has chosen another club over a chance to play in a top 4 side with a chance to make the GF. Over a promise to see more playing time. Geez, it could get messy if he doesnt get the playing time.
Media always had him going to Essendon. Coach relationship, they said. Relationships matter! :!:

Pity. As I said before...
K (last week) wrote:...
Like Hudson before. Dunno this'll happen. Essendon are favourites. Their coach has a relationship with Goldstein from Norf days.

Dunno if Goldstein can get around the ground at his age. But I never saw him bashing hit out after hit out straight to the oppo the way Grundy does. (And the Grundy Apologist's excuse was to blame Collingwood teammates. Sheesh... How can Collingwood teammates be worse than Goldstein's Norf teammates? And the same stuff happened at Melb. with Petracca, Oliver, Viney, Brayshaw.)
Last edited by K on Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

I'd love to get Duursma, I was good mates with his uncle at school. Always kept an eye on Xavier as his career progressed.
piedys
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by piedys »

If Adams has indeed cracked the sads and is set to depart, then any love for Crouch at Crows; whatever his faults may be - McFly can fix them.
For mine he ticks all the boxes, unless he has recently extended his contract?

Failing that, then how about Will Brodie from Freo?
GCS traded him two seasons ago, and he seems to have fallen out of best 22 at Dockers; his centre clearance work in 2022 season caught my attention ....

Or perhaps Harmes from Melbourne?
Not a massive fan, but he has a big frame and tank, but way down pecking order behind Brayshaw, Oliver, Petracca and Viney etc?

It's now about replacing Adams while the premiership window is open; not the time to be grooming an under sized body and hoping for the best.

Don't think either of the players above would cost the earth either.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Hitchhiker

Post by Hitchhiker »

Crouch has signed on for 2 more years with the Crows
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by piffdog »

I have floated Crouch on here over the last couple seasons. He must have Stockholm Syndrome to have re-signed at the Crows. They way they treated him (didnt pick him, but refused to trade him) is woeful.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...